MySQL - Can I use MySQL with .NET?

Currently have a site coded in PHP but the customer wants to go to .NET.  Can I use the existing MySQL DB or am I required to use MSSQL?

Thanks,
Ken
0
ksurb

Check out this forum which is specialized for this kind of questions: ASP.NET MySQL forum
Bart De Smet [MVP]

Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net
0
bdesmet

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

How to get datasource name dynamically from .txt / .xml file using C#.net 2.0 with Mysql 5.0
I am using C#.Net 2.0 With MySql 5.0. I created a project and it works fine in my machine. But problem occurs when i try to run the project other than my machine. I wrote datasource=mysystem name in connection string. Is it possible to get datasource name dynamically from a text file (*.txt) or from .xml file for MySql.Regards,Tamizhselvi  Add an App.Config file to your project and you can drop a connection string in there like so:  <connectionStrings>    <add name="PICK A NAME" connectionString="YOUR CONNECTION STRING"/>...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException with MySQL Connector.NET
Hi. I already tried many things and spent already 2 days without any success. Please help or I'll hang myself.I am using MySql.Data.dll  ver. 5.2.5.0 (runtime v2.0.50727) from my project (library). It works great if i use it from WindowsApplication but once i use it same way in WebApplication, it keeps throwing: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referencedException Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced .. AsyncResult ias = socket.BeginConnect(endPoint, null, null);.. (or w...

Net::MySQL
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C30A6E.486AE070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Anyone run into this problem=20 $mysql->query(q{ INSERT INTO dbname (table_name) VALUES ( $var ) }); The problem is, when I assign a value to a $var that value is ignored in = the SQL statement. Ive tried every operator I know to get it to look at = it and accept the value as input into the DB. Ive tried=20 ( '$var' ) ("$var") ("\$var") ([$var]) ({$var}) Any ideas ? Kind regards...

Error using mySQL connector/Net
hello, I had a project i was using Devart.Data.MySQL to connect to my mysql databases, however it was aparently a trial version and has expired.  I want to switch over to use connector/Net so i went to the site downloaded v6.0, installed it, and went to bin folder/add reference, went to the assembly, added mysql.data and i says when i run it: 'MySqlCommand' is not defined. if i click on the error it suggests "import data.mysql.mysqlclient" however if i do that, it then gives the error 'MySqlCommand' is ambiguous in the namespace 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient&...

mysql and .net
Hi there, i am new to .net and i am trying to setup a simple form. I am an open source person and what i am asking can be done easily using php and mysql; but i need to know how to do this in .net project asap. i have three forms; form1 submit to the database and redirect to form2 and form2 submit to the database and redirect to form3. i want to grab mysql last inserted id from form1 to form2 while redirecting and pass it via the url. i am able to select from the database, but i don't know how to assign it to a variable; here is what i have so far: str2 = "select last_ins...

Using MySQL in VS.NET 2005
Hello I would like to use MySQL in VS.NET 2005 via a connectionstring.When I'm configured it MysSQL with ODBC connector it works perfectly.But when I want to use thet .NET connector (MySQL Connector/Net), it bugs. I get the error "The type or namespace name 'MySql' could not be found" when i'm importing the namespace : "<%@ Import Namespace = "MySql.Data.MySqlClient" %>"My .dll is in the right folder "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Connector Net 1.0.8\Binaries\.NET 2.0".What am I doing wrong (a lot I think)? Thx  Have you referenced the MySql.Data.dll file in your project? ...

I need to insert data into a mySQL 4 DB using ODBC, and I'm using .NET 1.1
I think the subject line pretty much clears up what I need to do.  I've included the code below that I have so far, I think I've got the connection right, but I don't know how to insert the data in the table when the command button is clicked.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="False"  EnableSessionState="False" EnableViewState="False" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %><%Dim ConnStr As String = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=localhost;Database=con...

how to update columes in the mysql using C#.net
 Hi,in my application I have update the columes . But that is in mysql databse.I tried with normal sql query.  Is it same as sql server 2005 or is their any diiff.please help me. very urgent    It should be same. What have you tried?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! I tried with thisstring un = (string)Session["username"]; string str1 = @"update tbl_users set seeking=" + ddlseek.Text +" ,agefrom=" + ddlfrom.Text + ",ageto=" + ddlto.Text +"where username=";string str2 = "'" + un + "...

Data synchronization in MySQL using vb.net
Hi all..... Is data synchronization available in MySQL ? If got......how can i do it ? i wanna to update both database in different server once some actions of my system is carried.... Language that i used for my system is vb.net.......Please kindly post here if anyone got the solutions or ideas.... (please recommend me if there is any suitable tools for this)thanks...

How to insert image file to Mysql use VB.NET
hi I'm using VB.NET and Mysql for my application. I want to insert image file to Blob field in table. Who can help me? Thanks web forms or windows forms?  Hi,I tried to insert file in MySql database using VB.NET. I hope the same code should work with Image file too. 1 Dim conn As OdbcConnection 2 Dim comm As OdbcCommand 3 Dim dr As OdbcDataReader 4 Dim sql as String 5 Dim binData() As Byte 6 Dim fs1 As New FileStream _ 7 (“C:\dsr-videp\A.avi”, FileMode.OpenOrCreate, _ 8 FileAccess.Read) 9 10 fs1.Read(binData, 0, fs1.Length) 11 fs1...

Web resources about - MySQL - Can I use MySQL with .NET? - asp.net.getting-started

MySQL :: The world's most popular open source database
“MySQL's reliability and speed have helped us develop software that maximizes the availability and performance of enterprise telephony networks, ...

MySQL :: Il database open source più diffuso al mondo
Skip navigation links Il database open source più diffuso al mondo Contatta un rappresentante MySQL Login - Registrazione MySQL.it Download (GA) ...

MySQL Performance Blog
Percona's blog about MySQL performance optimization and scalability, InnoDB, XtraDB, and XtraBackup

MySQL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
5.5.27 / August 2, 2012 ; 29 days ago ( 2012-08-02 ) The MySQL development project has made its source code available under the terms of the ...

MySQL-dump
It is that time of the year, again: Percona Live is the name of this years MySQL conference in the Santa Clara Hyatt Regency. Booking.com is ...

MySQL Consulting and NoSQL Consulting: MySQL DBA
... to the problem that doesn't include companies having to buy new software tools or even an all-new database: With the right expertise, MySQL ...

MySQL Bugs
Portions of this website are copyright © 2001, 2002 The PHP Group Page generated in 0.013 sec. using MySQL 5.5.16-enterprise-commercial-advanced-log ...

MySQL :: Developer Zone
"The Documents contained within this site may include statements about Oracle's product development plans. Many factors can materially affect ...

MySQL Forge :: Dashboard
© 1995-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc., 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Content reproduced on this site is the ...

Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter Team Up On WebScaleSQL To Tackle MySQL Challenges
Facebook, Google , LinkedIn , and Twitter face similar challenges in working with open-source database MySQL , and Thursday, the four companies ...