Microsoft .NET not working with ASP.NET

Hi, I'm trying to open an ASP.NET Web Application Visual Basic project in Microsoft.NET 2003. When I try to do so, I get the error message:

"Visual Studio.NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services."

I saw on another post that someone else had a similar problem, and he was able to run the aspnet_regiis.exe file to fix his problem. However, I tried it myself, and still no luck. I'm not sure the executable is even running completely, as the terminal pops up then disappears in a fraction of a second. I have XP Pro with IIS version 5.1. Please help me before my head explodes.

Thanks,
Chris
0
cddeuce

Which switch are you running aspnet_regiis with?  You should be using -i to install ASP.Net in IIS.
0
Xanderno
9/27/2005 1:54:14 AM
Did you try:
aspnet_regiis -i

Make sure IIS is running and that you installed the framework after you have installed IIS.

Regards

Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
9/27/2005 5:42:11 AM

Start command prompt on your computer

run c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis

then open your project in Visual Studio it will work

0
GMike
9/27/2005 6:04:07 AM
 GMike wrote:

Start command prompt on your computer

run c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis

then open your project in Visual Studio it will work

No it won't...Not without giving aspnet_regiis an argument to tell it what it should do.
0
Xanderno
9/27/2005 12:17:55 PM
I had similar problems a few days ago; I solved it by:

Check IIS, click on the home page and check to see if u have an ip address there.

Cut it out, and leave as default (remember to keep the copy of the ip address incase)

Close VS, Restart IIS.

0
friendlycoder
9/27/2005 12:35:40 PM

If these other replies haven't helped, I received the same error when I had both VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 Beta X installed. If you have both installed the default configuration is for .NET 2. You can change this in your web server or virtual directory as there is a new .NET tab.

0
UkBtlog
9/27/2005 3:54:09 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. I tried a few things since my last post, and I think I got it working now. I had opened a command prompt, went into the v1.1.4322 directory and typed "aspnet_regiis -i", and re-installed the .NET Framework Redist version 1.1. At first it told me, "Visual Studio cannot create or open the application because the Web server on this computer is not running. Start the Web server before proceeding.". I did some other stuff, including re-installing IIS, then the .NET would start freezing when I attempted to open an ASP.NET application. I restarted my computer the next day (today) and tried again, and it opened without any errors. I hope it doesn't freeze in the future like it did before, and if it doesn't, I think I got it. Thanks again for everyone's help and suggestions. Maybe I can actually start on my project now.

-Chris

P.S. If anyone has an idea why it would freeze like that (my computer is not old), maybe you could let me know. I realize that it could be due to a lot of things, but it might happen more in the future, so if anyone has heard of this problem before, it might help to know how it was resolved.
0
cddeuce

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Cross-Platform .NET Development: Using Mono, Portable.NET, and Microsoft .NET
Interesting book I came across: Cross-Platform .NET Development $49.99 doesn't hurt too much either :) NOTE: Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. It's being released on September 30th, 2004 - one to keep an eye on...www.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshotgamer.com - Gaming News and Reviews How about this book from Oreilly? Mono: A Developer's Notebook http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/monoadn/...

What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK
What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK. And are the advantages of .net framework sdk over .net framework.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi, the .NET framework is the runtime environment that enables your code to run properly. The SDK is the Software Development Kit which holds code snippets etc for developers to check if it needed (that's my basic interpretation of the SDK). I haven't installed the SDK as I use Visual Studio and the MSDN library...

Net Farmers net
Has anyone been able to access any of the tests at http://suicide.netfarmers.net ? I can get the default page but none of the tests appear to be operating over the last several weeks. -- CK I just tested and works as usual!!!Every session TCP_error,because my Shields_guard is intact<<G>> -- Regard: Joh@nnes´┐Ż 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" "CK" <ckphalon@lascenltd.com> wrote in message news:9i45gg$1qa9$1@news.grc.com... : Has anyone been able to access any of the tests at : http://suicide...

net send in .net

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Call to non .net COM not working after .NET
I have developed small samples of ASP.NET and one of them I tried to call a standard COM (non .NET). I took the code out for now, but a call to that COM from traditional ASP application now does not work. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - Microsoft .NET not working with ASP.NET - asp.net.getting-started

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message