Message Boxes and Web Forms

When I go to display a MsgBox("....  in my web form I get an error.

Is it possible to display simple pop up messages while working with the web forms?
If you don't live for something, you'll DIE for nothing!!!!!!
1
jvencl

Message Boxes are not available in asp.net. You need to write custom javascript functionality for popping up messages. Herebelow is one example:-

Response.Write("<script>alert('Hello');</script>") ;

Thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
1
ranganh

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

Get message that mozilla has to close. Get booted out of web site. Get message from Mozilla to report problem. Problem reporting will not work. Eventually I delete the report message.
Name: Linnea Hagberg Email: lhagbergatsmithcovedotcom Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: Get message that mozilla has to close. Get booted out of web site. Get message from Mozilla to report problem. Problem reporting will not work. Eventually I delete the report message. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7 ...

Web Forms Message Box
Hello, I am converting an old VB 6.0 application into a web based app with VB.NET and ASP.NET. The problem that I am having is that the old application made extensive use of popup boxes and message boxes that would ask the user a couple questions and then pass the values back to the main form and close the popup box. I have not been able to find a good way to do this using web forms. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Thanks Torrey You will have to use vbscript or javascript to display message boxes on the client side. You can use something like this: Button1.Attr...

message box in mobile web forms
is there a way to show a messagebox (alert, warning, error), in a mobile web form???...

Help getting started with a dynamic web form
I'm new to .NET so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a form that needs to be dynamically created based on the contents of a XML file. The XML contains data for each 'row' to be created and what type of fields (textbox, custom select box, etc) should be displayed. The number of each type of field will vary from time to time. Using ASP I would have either used XSL to create a form or DOM to walk through the contents of the XML and display/name the proper fields. Using .NET I'm not sure what the proper method is to accomplish my goal. I can use XML c...

Getting error while disabling the text boxes on Web Form
Hello Folks...THis is very urgent ...Plz help...Following is a piece of code....to disable all the textBoxes on a WebForm in ASP.Net.(Lang:VB.Net) Private Sub disableAllTextBoxes(ByVal ControlArray) Dim control As Object Dim temptxtbox Dim i As Integer For Each control In ControlArray       If control.GetType.Name = "TextBox" Then          control.GetType.GetTypeArray(control).CopyTo(temptxtbox, 0)          For i = 0 To UBound(temptxtbox)     &n...

How to start coding vb.net(web form and Crystal repotrs)
I use Crystal Report in Visual Studio.NET 2003..... Example at Northwind database I want a application that.....a form include a combobox that contain CustomerID.....If I choose one CustomerID and click OK button....a Report will display information about this Customer......I think that must use Paramater.....how to do that ???? (please help me step by step,I try it before but not success) please help me !!! There is sample code and tutorials on my blog entry: http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/richard.dudley/archive/2004/05/03/12692.aspxIf my post is your answer, please mar...

IE StatusBar Messages using Visual Basic .NET Web Forms
I'm creating a web-based application that has many different forms for data entry.  I basically want to use the exisiting Internet Explorer status bar to provide the user messages that verify that a record has been saved.  Is there a way to do that in Visual Basic .NET without having to create a save button click event that basically writes out JavaScript?  I know I could use a custom validator or a validation summary to do this, but I just think that the Status Bar is a better interface for what I want to do.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Thanks...

IN VS.Net how can i get a web form to scroll (design mode)
In design mode in VS.Net, there is a scroll bar next to the web form, but it is grayed out.  I can not figure out how to enable it.  I want to design a web form that is larger in size than the surface area shown in teh deisgn window.  Can someone help out with this?Thank you. VS design surface shows how the page is going to be rendered in the browser. Therefore, there is no 'virtual' large size. In the browser scroll bar appears if the browser window is smaller than the page content. You can make scroll bar to appear by enclosing page content in a large container e...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

Web resources about - Message Boxes and Web Forms - asp.net.getting-started

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

The Town of Light: A psychological thriller with a mental health message
Despite how common mental health problems can be, understanding them, or even just discussing them without prejudice, is something of a modern ...

Texas man posts message to cyber bullies after teen brother's suicide
"In today's age, bullies don't push you into lockers ... they cower behind user names and fake profiles," says heartbroken San Antonio man

Former NFL Player Shaun Smith Has A Message For Trolls: Look At This Gun
Shaun Smith, a defensive lineman who last played for the Chiefs, rattled off a couple of thoughts today about Kansas City’s upcoming playoff ...

Bachelor Star Catherine Giudici's Private Messages With Nick Viall Released During Twitter Hack
Bachelor star Sean Lowe's wife, Catherine Giudici, saw the negative side of fame on Thursday when...

Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Exchange Flirty Messages Over Twitter
The No Doubt frontwoman was quick to hollaback to her beau's tweets on Wednesday.

New Gmail Plug-In Highlights Words And Phrases That Undermine Your Message
The Chrome extension called "Just Not Sorry" warns you when your messages contain wishy-washy language like "I'm no expert" or "sorry, but." ...

Latest batch of Clinton emails contains 66 more classified messages
Latest batch of Clinton emails contains 66 more classified messages

Living Ink updates invisible messages with morphing algae for Kickstarter project
Remember invisible ink? You could write a secret message with the stuff, watch your words disappear, then make them magically reappear by holding ...

Tyga And Molly O’Malia’s Text Messages: 14-Year-Old Molly Told Tyga She Was 17
There’s an explosive new claim and twist to the whole Tyga and Molly O’Malia melee. As reported by the Inquisitr , Molly held a press conference ...