Membership-Multiple Application Names

I know it’s possible to have multiple applicationNames but can I have different names share an application?  For example I have applications A, B, and C.  All three are separate applications, however I need to allow users of A and B to access C, preferably with out having to establish a separate Login id for application C.  Users of A should not have access to B nor should B have access to A.

Any help on how I can handle this would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

0
john1506

ahsanm

Getting started with .net mobile/wireless application programming
Hi friends, I am very much amateur to the world of mobile/wireless application programming that's why m is having thousands of doubts and confusion regarding the technology. My first few concerns about the terms i.e. mobile web applications vs. windows mobile applications first thing are these 2 things are same if not what are the main differences. I hope you will also show me some light how to move further ahead in this field as i m having small exp approx. 1.5 yrs in Asp.net application. Any help in the form of links, URL, code will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

.Net Application generators
There are a few .Net complete n-tier application generators that generate directly from your database. Some even have their own database building tools. They are great and easy to follow and their applications generate real VB.Net and C# code, easy to learn. These are great starts for .Net stuff except for one thing, PRICE. Iron Speed is about $1500 and for the same exact product features ASPNetNow sells for only $279 for their Web Matrix version or $530 for VS version. Another company Avalanche sells for $995. Amazing price ranges. The first two match feature for feature except the first yo...

How to get the Application pool name or Site Name when implementing an IHttpModule
 Hello!I'm developing an module (implementing IHttpModule). I need to know the name of the site which the web request will arrive.how can i do that?some code public class MyHttpModule : IHttpModule{ public void Dispose() {//...} public void Init(HttpApplication application) { application.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(OnBeginRequest); application.EndRequest += new EventHandler(OnEndRequest); } void OnBeginRequest(object sender, EventArgs e) { HttpApplication app = sender as HttpApplication; //here i want to know the site name or the name of the application po...

Getting Application Name
I am assuming that a web application has a name. How do I retrieve these programmatically using VB.NET?Andrew Hope this works for you, split this to get the app name: System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory You can also take a look at this post: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1089883.aspxWelcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38...

membership Get All Applications
Hello  Is there a function on the memberrship provider to get all applications? It seems as if there should be one but I can't find it. Thanks Bex Hi The ApplicationName and UserName are related in aspnet_Users table.You can just use the same ApplicationName property when you want one user across multiple applications without having to rewrite providers. Hope it helpsBest RegardsXiaoYong DaiMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your quest...

Getting application name?
Is there a way to find out the name of the web application (e.g., "myWebApp") from the codebehind? Try checking Response.Write(Request.ApplicationPath) Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb...

how to get the name of the application
Dear ASP.NET Programmers, I want to get the name of my application programmatically. How can I get this? I could not find a property such as "name" of application class. Thanks in advance, Buran What do you mean by the "name of my application" exactly?  Are you referring to the Application Name assigned in IIS?  To the best of my knowledge you cannot access this programmatically from ASP.NET.Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question  tmorton wrote:What do you mean by the "name of my application" exactly?  Are you referring to the Application ...

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

Hi..Every One I have a doubt in Vb.NET windows application in attaching multiples files for mail application
 Iam having a Button named ReportSend If iam clicking that button I do the following code to work beyond it..The doubt is Iam having a vb application already done and i need to take .xml file and log.txt files alone in attachment by using application.path..how to do this..iam giving My code please help..i need to complete this module by few days. D:\RAST\RAST\bin\Debug\Reports -- this path contains many .xml files D:\RAST\RAST\bin\Debug -- this path contains many .log filesWithout giving the full path i need to take only those .xml and .log extension files using application.pa...

Open file in browser or application getting the page's name as the file's name
Hi, I'm am trying to get a file to open in either a browser or application depending on the mime type. I'am using the following code in the page load. protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){ if (!IsPostBack)    { DocumentInfo document = (DocumentInfo)Session["View_Document"]; StreamFile(document.Document, document.DocumentName, document.FileType.MimeType); } } }private void StreamFile(byte[] fileData, string originalFileName, string mimeType) { try { Response.Clear(); Response.ContentType = mimeType; Response.AddHeader("Con...

Multiple Applications with single membership
Hi,    I have 3 applications. Can I have 1 membership to maintain users with different roles per application?  Can I do this with single login page?  Thank you Vishal mapthe the all application to the DB you want to setup for ur membership and you can have for each application an application ID wby setting up the application name in the membership provider setting in the web.config please have a look here http://www.asp.net/learn/security/tutorial-04-vb.aspx  A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.______________________________...

Web resources about - Membership-Multiple Application Names - asp.net.getting-started

Xbox One will allow multiple users on single Xbox Live membership
... of controversy over various Xbox One features, the good news is that gamers will be able to use a single Xbox Live Gold membership across multiple ...