Mass Email sending or Bulk sending email

 i have a Problem regarding Email sending ie : Bulk sending mails --> let me explain Clearly

 i have an excel sheet in that there are around 3000 Records and in that each and ever record has a unique email id( it can be either gmail , yahoo. or hotmail )

so , now i need a soluction for how to send a Bulk email at a time

as i told earlier  , each record contain Unique email id , so i need to send email for individual recodes in excel with appropriate record data

for the above probm , i have writen a program with foreach loop --> it is like, i have taken a count of all the recodes and i am reparting the send email code in foreach loop

 for the above code my Project takes too much time and Time Out error is coming and i try by Increased the project time. but still same problem

and my application performance is getting wrest .

so can any one suggest me plz

-1
sharathmqd

 Sending Mass E-Mails using ASP.NET

Thanx,
[KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP

"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"

This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers.
1
kaushalparik27
10/30/2008 7:28:20 PM
Thanx q very Much kaushalparik  , but i have done the same thing , but i have 3000 records and my project/application is taking too much Time , in other words "system Hanging "

so i need a fast and efficient code or procedure or method , through which i can solve my problem

or any other ideas so that i can see and Implement
-1
sharathmqd
10/31/2008 3:45:55 AM

if each email has to have customized content then you have to send the emails out one at a time.  System.Net.Mail is multithreadded, so you can generate multiple email instances to speed up the process.

It takes some time, so you might consider using ajax to display a waiting icon while it is processing.  The system is probably not hung... just working very hard.

if the same content is being sent to everyone, then you can break it up into chunks of 20 email addresses and separate the string by a semicolon.

Mail.To = "a@a.com; b@b.com; c@c.com; d@d.com"

Then your only sending 150 emails instead of 3000.

Chase

Visual Studio 2008
ASP.NET 3.5 (Visual Basic)
SQL Server Express

Check out my blog
1
rockinthesixstring
10/31/2008 4:57:15 AM
Thanx q very much for Good Idea rockinthesixstring,

But here come one Problem, person how receives the mail will see all the persons mail ids ( for eg : a@a.com has received a mail and he can see other mail id's in the  "ToAddress" of the mail.

so other than that

and do any one know about MSMQ ( i dont know , just read in blogs )

can MSMQ helps in Increase the performance of Bulk mailing

not the MSMQ , other than that is also help full to me
1
sharathmqd
10/31/2008 10:00:53 AM

Hi

try this example

Session("emails") holds all email addresses seperated by comma

     Dim emailaddresses As String
    emailaddresses = Session("emails")

       Dim EmailAddressArray As String() = emailaddresses.Split(",")
       Dim smtp As New System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient()
       Dim smail As New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage

        For i As Integer = 0 To EmailAddressArray.Length - 1
            smail.To.Add(New System.Net.Mail.MailAddress(EmailAddressArray(i)))
        Next

        smail.From = New System.Net.Mail.MailAddress("myemail@gmail.com", "")
        smail.Subject = " EMAIL"
        smail.IsBodyHtml = "true"
        smail.Body = "" & txtmail.Text
        smtp.EnableSsl = True
        smtp.Send(smail)
        message.Visible = True
        Timer1.Enabled = True

Good Luck

-1
yasserzaid
10/31/2008 2:23:39 PM

You can also use the BCC feature in System.Net.Mail to prevent the recipients from seeing the other addresses

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.mail.mailmessage.bcc.aspx

Chase

Visual Studio 2008
ASP.NET 3.5 (Visual Basic)
SQL Server Express

Check out my blog
1
rockinthesixstring

I've seen this question many times on this forum. I'm 100% sure that is not a trivial task.
I spent 2 days last week to implement mass email sending without any success.
I tried to use
PageAsyncTask asynctask = new PageAsyncTask(OnBegin, OnEnd, OnTimeout, null, true);
Page.RegisterAsyncTask(asynctask);
Page.ExecuteRegisteredAsyncTasks();

All my aspx pages are Asyncrone and ExecuteRegisteredAsyncTasks() didn't work for me.

Alexei Cioina.

My website based on SSRS 2005

Alexei Cioina
-1
cioina
11/1/2008 8:17:46 PM

I recommend doing this on server side using a stored procedure and the sendmail service of sqlserver. This will solve the issue of your webapplication "hanging" and it will only use the resources of sql server!

Here is a pretty awesome article I found for you: http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2008/08/23/sql-server-2008-configure-database-mail-send-email-from-sql-database/

Jef Claes
~~~~~~~~~~

Visit my blog
1
Nemesis116
11/1/2008 11:02:19 PM

Nemesis116:

I recommend doing this on server side using a stored procedure and the sendmail service of sqlserver. This will solve the issue of your webapplication "hanging" and it will only use the resources of sql server!

Here is a pretty awesome article I found for you: http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2008/08/23/sql-server-2008-configure-database-mail-send-email-from-sql-database/

Thanks, but it isn't possible in my case. I don't have dedicated server or virtual server. I have only this ASP.NET Hosting Features

Alexei Cioina
-1
cioina
11/1/2008 11:24:42 PM

 Can't you ask support to enable that stuff for you? :) For $300 a year they should! ;)

Jef Claes
~~~~~~~~~~

Visit my blog
-1
Nemesis116
11/1/2008 11:54:31 PM

 Please show me a web hosting company with all my current hosting features + SQL Server Integration Services for $300 a year. I will change my current hosting company IMMEDIATELY.

Alexei Cioina
-1
cioina

Rule to send email on startup sends multiple emails
On client 6.5.7, creating a rule to send an email upon startup results in sending a continuous stream of emails until the rule is disabled and the client is restarted. I've found TID 3325376 referring to GW7, but nothing on 6.5.x. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks as always. Len Bonk Network Analyst Community Unit School District 200 Len Bonk wrote: > 3325376 That bug was marked as "invalid". This is the explanaition from development about that particular bug: "This is working as designed. each time the client starts up it will process th...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

Sending Email with Net.Mail (No Email, no error)
hi,i'm using the system.net.Mail namespace to send an email from my application. when i send, the application does not fire any exception, neither does it send the email to my account.below is the code i'm using  Dim mmailMessage As New Net.Mail.MailMessage Dim mFrom As New Net.Mail.MailAddress(mailFrom) mmailMessage.From = mFrom Dim ll As String = "myname@ourmail.com" mmailMessage.To.Add(ll) mmailMessage.Subject = "Talk Concerns" mmailMessage.Body = "Testing Concerns One Two" Dim ...

do-send-email, do-send-email-from-template attach a new file...
I like to do toolkit rules that report or fix things, based on a trigger attribute. Like these articles: http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6308/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-1 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6310/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-2 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6316/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-3 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6440/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-4 http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6441/example-use-toolkit-rule-identity-manager http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6514/another-toolkit-rule-use-e...

Getting email address in gridview row and send email
Hi guys, How do i get the email address in my gridview rows?  I wanna get all the email address of all of my records in the gridview and use the email address to send an email to the owner. Thanks,*A newbie C# programmer* hi have a look at threse related : http://forums.asp.net/p/1119999/1746089.aspx#1746089http://forums.asp.net/t/1062163.aspxhttp://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t93436-gridview-hyperlink-column-mailto-event.html Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (l...

how to get the correct email format when sending email using sqldatareader
I'm getting the email address from an excel sheet.But i need to send the email to multiple peopleWhen printing the below i geta@a.com;b@b.com;; But i want a@a.com;b@b.com; i don't need the extra semicolon Thanks code below------ while (oledr.Read()) { smail = oledr[0].ToString() + ";" + "<br>";   //smail += oledr[0].ToString() & ";"; //mail.To.Add(smail); //this.Label1.Text = smail; Response.Write(smail); }   If oledr[0].ToString() contains only one email address (and not a few), then you can do it this way:while (oled...

Get email address from DB and send email using VB
OK every time I figure something out on my own, there's 10 more things I can't seem to figure out. I feel like a VB moron. Ha. Anyway. Here's what I need to do...1. Retrieve the email addresses from my database table of people whose memberships to my organization has expired in the past month.2. Somehow plug those email addresses into a code to send them a prewritten, preformatted email.I have found an article on how to send an email using VB coding. I just don't know how I would send one email to every person whose membership has expired in the past month. Ideally, I'd like to be able to lo...

Sending Emails like Signup email and forgot password email
I have a txt file named signup.txt and i want it to be sent when a user signs up like when when you sign up for a website you get a signup welcome i have the following code to do the job this code signs up the user public ActionResult Signup(string username, string password, string email) { //using (new CodeBenchmark()) {JsonResult result = new JsonResult();if (Globals.DisableSignup) {result.errorMessage = "User signup is currently disabled. Try back later"; }else if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(username)) {result.errorMessage = "User name cannot be blank."; }else ...

Sending an Email with system.net.mail -- problem with strings and body of the email.
Hi,I am trying to email the contents of a contact form such that the email body looks like this:Last name: Smith First name: John Comment: Test comment. I am using the MailMessage object.I am storing the textbox values in strings://assign values from form to variables   string first = textboxFirst.Text;   string last = textboxLast.Text;   string comment = textboxComment.Text;and then combining the strings into one string for my MaiMessage.Body property.  //create message body from textbox variables     string message = "Last Name: "  + l...

I hope customing to be able to select to send all emails to send to a folder before sending.
Name: Hiro Product: Thunderbird Summary: I hope customing to be able to select to send all emails to send to a folder before sending. Comments: When a mail is intended to be send,the mail is wished to be sent to a folder before sending at first.At the customizing page,it would be better to choose whether mails is once to be sent to a sending folder or are sent to the destination,at once.In my case,I send all mails to sending preparation folder,and after checking them all,I send them.I know that I can send a email to mail folder before sending,but being able to customize t...

I can send email from my site, but I get an error when I try to send a cell phone TM.
From all that I can gather sending a TM is very much the same as sending an email. Only thing that changes is who it is being emailed to. That being said however I keep getting this error: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <'left out for security reasons'@vtext.com> No such user here at System.Net.Mail.Smtp  Any one know why?? chekmate:Any one know why?? Yep.  The account you tried to email to doesn't exist at the server you tried to send it to.  You got the wrong account, the wrong server or both. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click &...

SM 2.0 Can't Get Email, But Can Send Email
I've just installed SeaMonkey 2.0, imported all my old data, and started the new version. I have a couple of problems/questions: 1. I can send email, but when I click on the Get Msgs/Get All New Messages menu item, nothing happens. No status messages in the footer to show any activity, and the messages I can see in my webmail account inbox are not downloaded. If I start the old version it downloads the messages just fine. 2. When I start the email app, no folder is selected, so my Inbox emails don't appear in the right pane until I select the Inbox folder. I used to...

Sending Email through System.Net.Mail is generating errors "Failure Sending mail
hi Sending Email through System.Web.Mail is working fine but System.Net.Mail is generating errors "Failure Sending mail  i treid in all possible ways but did't  pls help in giving a solution thanks & Regards vittal Maybe you can show us some code and post the exact error mesg as well (by looking at the value in ex.tostring)?My HomePage - www.findingsteve.net"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20: 35 (NIV, Bible)Progress - "Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." Plato System.Web.Ma...

sending mass email
I am looking for an example in VB.NET that show how to send email to all the emails on a sql database. Here is what you want: Sending Multiple Emails At Once Regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

Web resources about - Mass Email sending or Bulk sending email - asp.net.getting-started

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

Facebook Sending Perez Hilton More Traffic than Google, Driving 3.3% of All US Traffic to Video Sites ...
For media companies evaluating their Facebook marketing strategy , here’s an interesting sign of the times: web analytics firm Hitwise is reporting ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Live Emoji - sending GIF Animation Emoji for Zoosk,Skype,Kik,Whatsapp,Facebook Messenger Etc. on the ...
Get Live Emoji - sending GIF Animation Emoji for Zoosk,Skype,Kik,Whatsapp,Facebook Messenger Etc. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Cynthia McKinney - responds to Obama on sending troops into Afghanistan - Debate Answer - YouTube
Cynthia McKinney, Green Party Presidential candidate, responds to Barack Obama on his support for sending troops into Afghanistan. Based on his ...

Great-grandmother 'would die' before sending kids to Italy
Great-grandmother 'would die' before sending kids to Italy