Make Connection String with Direct connection to Sql Server Physical data file(*.MDF) !!!

Hi all
please excuse me for this silly question,following is a proper
connection string for connecting to sql server database taht
i use in my ASP.NET projects ,

Server=192.168.0.20;Database=MyDatabaseName;User ID=useris;Pwd=***

Now i want to know is it possible to make a connection string in a way that connects directly to (*.MDF) file of a Sql Server Database!!!???
nothing just curiosity.!

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards.

Nothing Is Quite Impossible !!!
0
ZarrinPour

 Not unless you detach the .mdf file and put it in your app_data directory and your hosting provider would have to support that.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."
0
DarthSwian

VN.Net 2003 can make data connection, can't make server connection
Hi, I am using Visual Studio .net 2003 I have 2 machines, one WinXP with VS.Net and the other, Win2K Pro with SQL Server 2000 In VS.Net I can make a data connection to the SQL Server using the computer name of the SQL Server machine, however I can't make a Server connection to the same machine. Both machines are in a private network (192.168.1.x IPs) inside a firewall, with no firewall settings on either machine. Also, I have installed NetBeui on the XP machine. When I try to connect via the ip addressesm get an error saying that the IP address is outside the local network...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

error creating mdf
Connection to SQL server files (*.mdf) require SQL express 2005 to function properly.  please verify the installation of the component or download from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=49251   I AM GOING TO RIP MY HAIR OUT WITH THIS PROBLEM.  I have reinstalled both sql server express 2005 and VWD about 5 times with the same problem.  please, please, please someone throw me a bone here  and help me resolve this problem.  When I create a new EMPTY website and I rightclick on my website in the solution explorer and choose add item, I chooe SQL Database, I...

connection to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL server express 2005 to function properly.
I dont have the SQL EXPRESS installed instead I have SQL Standard Edition.  I have two SQL Server instances installed.  1- UserLT (this is sql 2000)2- UserLT\SQL2005 (this is SQL 2005 named instance) But when i try to add a database to my VS website project I get the following error: Connection to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL server express 2005 to function properly. please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkId=4925 I went in Tools>Opetions>DataBase tools>Data Connection>Sql Server Instance Name (...

Error: Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.
Hi guy'sI downloaded the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express, as well as SQL Server 2005 Express, and I am following the instructions given by sbwalker for the DotNetNuke 4.0.0 Starter Kit and Templates. I've gotten stuck trying to create the first Database.mdf file, I get an error that says:"Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly. Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49251Any ideas what I should do? I installed SQL Server before Web Developer, and as far as I c...

Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL
re error message>>> "Connections to sql server files" "require sql server express 2005 to function properly" Am trying to go through the MVC tutorial and when I try to add Item in app_data and make a new blank database I get the message in Subject above. I have Sql Developer 2005 installed, not sql serverexpress. My Instance name is DALEHP\SQLDEVELOPER  and I have put that into the Visual Studio 2008 Database options screen. Any ideas on how to make blank database file?   Hi, I assume that you take one of the first tutorials, the one with the...

how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command
anyone can give me a simple explaination and code.. Thanx in advance Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:' *** First set up your connectionDim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one ...

connecting to a server to get file data...
hello, i would like write a script that, when executed from a win32 machine, processes data that is archived on a Linux server. Is there a way of connecting to the server to collect data from files other than Net::Telnet? thanks, chirag. On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 10:56:51AM -0700, Chirag Patel wrote: : hello, : i would like write a script that, when executed from a win32 machine, : processes data that is archived on a Linux server. Is there a way of : connecting to the server to collect data from files other than Net::Telnet? : thanks, : chirag. You could use Net::Ftp and move ...

Error while establishing a connection to the SQL server 2005
Hi, I had an old web application created during asp.net 1.1 and it have a connection problem with the sql server 2005 when it is mirgrated to a new webserver with dotnet framework 2.0 platform. I have enabled the remote access(TCP/IP and named pipes) in sql server 2005, did all the neccessary things, check whether the TCP/IP is enabled, named pipe is enabled...  I created another web application using VS 2005. The database connection works perfectly well.This are the connectionString from the old web application.<appSettings>    <add key="ConnectionString" value=...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #2
I get the following error and have been trying to figure out why I keep getting it.  Initially, I had placed my project under wwwroot folder and ran it under IIS and it gave this error.  Then I moved it to my local C drive and same thing.  I am sharing this project with two other co-workers and all our config files and code files are same...they don't get this error but I do.  I checked that SQL Server Client Network Utility has TCP/IP and the 'Named Pipes' enabled.  I thought maybe I have setting in the Visual Studio 2005 that I'm not aware of that&#...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #4

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allo
My site works fine in VWD2008 express, but I get this error when I try to use it on my live website. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.  According to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277  I am supposed to: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. Ok, th...

Web resources about - Make Connection String with Direct connection to Sql Server Physical data file(*.MDF) !!! - asp.net.getting-started

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...