is .net framework 1.1 same as  .net framework SDK 1.1

0
skp_01702

Basically Framework 1.1 of .NET includes the Sofware Development Kit (SDK) 1.1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b3a2ca6-3647-4070-9f41-a333c6b9181d&displaylang=en

Regards,Vinz

vinz
6/18/2008 6:21:19 PM

I think .net framework 1.1 is just the runtime library to view .net 1.1 programs.  the .net framework SDK 1.1 one is the actual development library used to create them.

Eric

0
eseidel
6/18/2008 6:21:49 PM

No. SDK includes documentation, samples, and command-line tools and compilers  and requires the Framework to be installed . SDK are Software Development Kit that help developers to write software that uses the framework

Jeev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.
0
Jeev
6/18/2008 6:22:45 PM

Jeev:

No. SDK includes documentation, samples, and command-line tools and compilers  and requires the Framework to be installed . SDK are Software Development Kit that help developers to write software that uses the framework

Thats it!

Regards,Vinz

vinz
6/18/2008 6:33:07 PM

Thanks that answers my problem..Smile

Here is waht I found on msdn site too:

The Microsoft .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK) v2.0 (x64) includes everything developers need to write, build, test, and deploy .NET Framework applications—documentation, samples, tools and compilers.

You must install the .NET Framework Redistributable Package version 2.0 (x64) prior to installing the .NET Framework SDK (x64).

0
skp_01702

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Hi, Is it possible to use .NET Framework 1.1 with visual studio .net 2002 ? Thanks Yes.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

.NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1
If a .NET application has been developed under .NET Framework 1.0, are there any problems when deploying the application in a system running Framework 1.1? Please advise. From my knowledge there is no problem; in .Net back ward compatibility is there! Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti no problem as long as you have the configuration file with all the dll mapping stuff right.Christian CalderonNeed to work in Classic ASP? then do it the right way with CLASP!Classic ASP Framework I don't English. hi... im using windows xp pro, visual studio.net, an...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

.net framework 1.1 and vs.net 2002
Hi, Is it possible to use the .NET Framework SDK 1.1 with VS.NET 2002? Thanks As of my knowledge not possible! But see if any one has any other tricks to use!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

.NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 #2
I develop apps on a Windows server running Framework 1.1. Initially we had 1.0 installed on our local computers and was later on upgraded to 1.1. When I try to build a component that was made for 1.1, it gives me an error saying that I am using v1.0. When I go to Help -> About in Visual Studio, I see .NET 1.0 listed When I go to Add/Remove programs, I see both .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1 listed Why is it using 1.0 when 1.1 is installed? Please help. Have you upgraded your version of Visual Studio to VS 2003? You'll need that version to build for Framework 1.1JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC+...

Having 1.0 and 1.1 .NET framework on the same machine
Hi: I have two version of .NET installed on my machine (I just recently installed 1.1) and having some problem with some of the applications since I installed 1.1 serive pack 2. My first question is 1. which version of .NET will be running my application old 1.0 or new 1.1 2. how would I know which version of .NET is running my application 3. how can I configure my applications to run against a speccific version. I haven't look much into configuration, may be there are ways you can config your web.config to run against a specific version? Any help would be appreciated Th...

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect...

question on installing VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Question 1: on the download page for v1.1 of the .NET framework, there are two separte download listed, one under Step2 (.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and one under Step4 (.NET Framework SDK 1.1). 1) i downloaded the first((.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and have NO IDEA where it installed the files. can you tell me where these files are installed. 2) when i go to install the second, it prompts me for a directory. do i need to specify where the files for the first were installed? if so where is that? I do not want to have duplicates all over the place Question 2: The installation ...

Datawindow .NET / VS 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1
Good day. I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS .NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. Thanks. AFAIK, only the DW.Net 1.x version supported VS2003 / .Net 1.x. I don't believe that version is available anymore. On 21 Feb 2007 01:47:13 -0800, Angelo wrote: >Good day. > >I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize >Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS >NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. >Thanks. Thanks a lot for ...

Web resources about - is .net framework 1.1 same as .net framework SDK 1.1 - asp.net.getting-started

Natasha Stott Despoja launches 'world first' framework to address domestic violence
Australia's first national, evidence-based domestic violence framework was launched at Parliament House on Tuesday.

Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow could arrive this week
Towards the end of October we told you that Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow would soon become available for all. While that's still ...

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
... very well be nixed by EU's top court. Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework ...

UI Frameworks – Bootstrap
... you produce a responsive website. About Bootstrap To quote the Bootstrap website: “Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Google engineers craft a Dart framework for iOS and Android
The UI framework uses its own rendering engine to draw widgets

Google Launches Framework to Load Content on Mobile Web Quickly
Google gives publishers a way to load content faster on mobile Web; FireEye reveals new Android malvertising threat; Samsung's Q3 profit forecasts ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...