In debug mode I get Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

The error msg only appears when I try and debug. When using the site normally there is no problem??
0
ghw123

Hello,

    The reference below is the solution of your problem.

    The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

Please give us feedback no matter whether you get your answer.
Please "mark as answer" if it's useful for you

Sincerely,
Jerome
0
Jerome

Getting error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" on trying to authenticate a user
Hi, I created aspnetdb on Sql Server 2005 and modified my web.config LocalSqlServer connection string to connect to the Sql Server instead of mdf file on Sql Server. When i click Log In button on my login control i am getting the error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" But when i bind a radio button list or any control to select from aspnet_users or roles table data is displayed fine without any login errors (i am using aspnetdbConnectionString given below for binding data). Why is it happening only when i authenticate but...

Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
please tellme how to resolve this error, i m using server studio management tool. and trying to connect using sql server authentication. my pc is over a domain.   Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  check whether that sql server is allowing sqlauthentication or not.select that server -> right click it-> select  properties  -> in the window, select security -> check what is the server authentication. it should be  sqlserver and windows authentica...

Getting Error:Login Failed for user'(null)' .Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
can any one helpPooja Thakur Hi,I have two articles for thathttp://harishmvp.blogspot.com/2005/05/you-may-receive-error-login-failed-for.htmlhttp://harishmvp.blogspot.com/2005/05/you-may-receive-error-login-failed-for_25.htmlPlease check and let me know if this doesnt solve your issue.Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh Hi, Thanks for the reply, but i'm getting then  following error now. Please suggest some solution at the earliest.thankyou.Pooja Thakur if the connection failed that mean the ASPNET user account can not access the DB and the other reason mig...

I am also getting: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hi, am having the error above in my Subject Line.  I seem to have the problem on my host web service, they have IIS 6.0 on a 2003 Server, and SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 on another server that I connect to seperately.  I am using asp.net 2.0 and SQL 2000 Desktop version.  I am in the very basic beginning of this website development, all I am trying to accomplish here is to enter in a login and password and be redirected to another webpage.  This works on my local laptop with XP Pro, but when I try it on the server that I host my website on, I am getting this error.  I...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.?
Hello, I just got a copy of a website I was supposed to be working on.  I went to the web.config file changed the machine name to my machine's name and when I try to run the program I get the following error.  Could someone give me some advice on how to fix this ?  Thanks! On your production site, the site passes the web user's credentials (your IUSER account) to your sql server.   Make sure that your local site is set up to pass your credentials along to the sql server.  In your web.config, add identity impersonate=true. --JJPlease mark ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I have a windows 2003 server hosting MS SQL  Server 2005. Another windows 2003 server hosting my App, and clients from the local intranet and outside (web). How do I surpass this problem, when it all works fine locally on my development machine? Use Forms authentication! AlCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! I am using Forms authentication. <connectionStrings> <add name="memSocConnection" connectionString=" Data Source=WSPASQL01; Initial Catalog=mem_soc;Integrated Security=True" providerName="Syste...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hello everyone, I have a local IIS (WinXP) and a remote SQL Server 2005 DB.  When I try to run login using the aspnetdb, I get the following error: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. When I run the form in debug mode from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express it works fine.  In other words when the VWD launches the web page as http://localhost:1234 it works, but when I run the same page from http://localhost I get the error. I know this is permission issues.  I did a search and found info to add the ASPNET user t...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
 Hi to all......... In my project I am using windows authentication and if I am running through the IIS getting this error. Suppose if I am directly run the project or use server authentication then I wont get this error.My web.config file is <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>  <configSections>    <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">  ...

Login failed for user 'testuser'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hi, I have a copy of VS2005 and i have installed the Microsoft SQL Server Developer Edition I am trying to do my first connection using ASP.net (yay for me...) and it has failed...with this error..Login failed for user 'testuser'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.   can someone please point out why? yes i know that the error seems pretty straight forward but how do i fix it? like how do i make the user a trusted server connection? where do i do it? and what are the steps? the user is an administrator and by rights should have all access to everything....

Login failed for user 'test'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hi all, I am new in asp.net. In my web.config file, I wrote the connection strings as below and then I got the above error. I already changed SQL server Authentication mode to "SQL server and Windows". Any idea? Thanks in advance. <connectionStrings> <remove name="LocalSqlServer" /> <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=xxx;Initial Catalog=mydb;User ID=test;Password=test;Persist Security Info=False;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>  Hi, If you are using...

Login failed for user 'maritos'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
  How can i solve this issue? Thank youMario Lopes Hi,mariolopes  Where r u getting this message Plz Specify ur  Problem in detail.              RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous  See if the below KB helps.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555332 Thanks,Dhimant Trivedi"When the going gets t...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #5
hello i am working on a web application where the application and data base are not on the same serverso when trying to connect to the data base from the web application using windows authentication i got that errorLogin failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. when i used user id and password the problem solvedcan any one tell me how to make my application run using  windows authenticationone thing else ;this problem raised  after another issuse came from the network that the server is not able to resolve the address or ip of th...

Web resources about - In debug mode I get Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. - asp.net.getting-started