I want to display textbox on changing value of dropdownlist or selected value of dropdown list.How could i?

for example i have taken field PF%,PF($)  in dropdown.Onselected value of % i will show textbox.In which u can fill  the value of PF% based on that calulation will be shown in other textbox. But how can i do thta?
0
PinkyDesai

Not too sure I undertand your question, but if you want to show/hide elements here's a few things you might want to try:

You can set the dropdown's autopostback to true and perform all sorts of wonderful serverside stuff, including adding a textbox control (with a certain value) to a container div.

If you want to keep things light then use some CSS and javascript - you can hide a textbox and use the onchange event of the dropdown to set the textbox' display to visible and it's value to whatever u like.

Is that the kind of stuff u need?

0
Geckex

Displaying values from 3 textboxes automatically after selecting a value from a dropdown list
 The dropdown list is databind to a sqldatasource from the Bike Table.After selecting a bike Name from the dropdown list, the status and rent price will be displayed on the 2 textboxes automatically.Both the status and  rent price values are taken from the same Bike Table.Can anyone help me with this?Thanks. On the selected index change property of the dropdownlist hit the database to get the details (status and rent ) for the selected Item and set the values to the text of textboxes.Hope this helps. Just do this in your OnSelectedIndexChanged event of the ddlSqlCommand cmd =...

How to show value in textbox from selected value in Dropdown list
I have two text box, txtbox1 should be from two field for example i have one dropdownlist where i select item and another txtbox2 i want to put value, when i first time to write manually value in txtbox2 in and selected item from ddl i want to result in concatenate from in txtbox1. for example  I haveif not me.ispostback thenDim cm as new sqlcommand("Select AccMjrid, Names from Accgrp", me.sqlconnection1.open())me.sqldataAdapter1.fill(Dataset1, "Accgrp") Me.cmbAccMajID.DataSource = Me.DataSet11.Tables("AccMajor") Me.cmbAccMajID.DataTextField = "AccName" Me.cmbAccMajID.DataValueField ...

changing the selected value for the dropdown list to match a query string value
My url looks something like this "http://www.imaslog.com/real_world/send_messages.aspx?recipient=cheatcountry and on that page I want the dropdownlist selected value to show up as cheatcountry automatically if that is what the query string is. How do i do this? Hi, QueryStrings can't be read via javascript. If your select box (combo box) is a html control and not DropDownList server control. You do a normal static variable to set the selected property in the combo box to this variable. You then use the server side to read the query string and pass the selected value to this j...

Password text value gets deleted when value selected from Dropdown list
Hi, I need help in my dropdown control, this is what my problem is I am using DropDown List in my aplication in a form and i want to show some default selected value in the first drop down D1 and depending on values selected in D1 the values gets displayed in the child drop down D2. My issue is i have a password texbox before getting valued from D1 and D2......when i select value from D1 the password enetered in hte password textbox in password mode gets deleted. so every time he user types the password and then select something in the dropdown, he has to ...

get value from <select> value & display value

Cascading Dropdown List
Hi, First post so hello and need some help with an issue I have been dealing with.  I have an intranet page I created in ASP.NET using C# .NET 3.5 with a few Ajax Extenders including 3 Cascading Dropdown Lists. Now I have used the Cascading dropdown lists for my own purposes i.e they do not actually cascade their results to another dropdown list, the reason I did this was due to the having a User Control that contains an update panel and other bits i.e I didn't want the control/page posting page (something that happens when you click on a regular dropdown list). Everything is wor...

How to use values from two dropdown lists to get the value for a third dropdown?
I have three dropdown lists.  One for Office, one for Department, and a list of employees.   There is no relationship in the database between office and department.  The relationships are to the employees.  What I need to do is take the selected values from Office and Department, and run a query to get the list of employees who match both parameters (Office & Department).  Here's my code for the three dropdown lists.  How do I "connect" Office & Department to populate employees?  code from my vb.net page    for the ...

Get The Value Of DropdownList Box Display Value
I've a DW with a dropdown listbox. For some reason I would like to get the value of my Dropdown Listbox "display value". So can you tell me how...? Thanks Hi, What we do is creating a computed field containing a 'lookupdisplay()' call for that column. You can then access this computed field for getting the display value. HTH -- Met vriendelijke groet, - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 sofian <sofianlutfi@hotmailcom> wrote in message...

HTML.select (UI helper) how to build a select list with value not equal to the display value
Hi Guys, I have a newbie question on HTML.select (UI helper). One of the tutorial I have come across shows the following: "string [] SelectList = new string[]{'Apple', 'Orange','Mango','Banana'};" "Html.Select('FruitList',SelectList)" it will give me:value = "Apple"  "Apple " However, I would like to have the following instead: value = "1"  "Apple " What should I do on the VIEW in order to achieve this? thx, George what you need to do is create a collection to use for your data sou...

Change value of textbox dependent on value from dropdownlist
How do you achieve this but client-side, to avoid the constant page refresh? (Javascript)   Best, Asaf. You need to use an onChange event on your DropDownList and wire it to a JavaScript function. In the code example below, ddlID and txtID are the control IDs of your DropDownList and TextBox controls. Code: ddlID.Attributes.Add("onChange", "setText('" + ddlID.ClientID + "', '" + txtID.ClientID + "');"); JavaScript: function setText(ddl, txt){   var ddlID = document.getElementById(ddl);   var txtID = document.getElementById(txt);   &...

adding values to the selected value in Dropdown list
 Hi,   I have dropdown box in my page which have some value inherted from the another list box in my page..Now in my second page , i have dropdown box with values and text value and list box... I'll be selecting the one value from the dropdown then i enter the value in text box and click on add button which will add the value in the list box like this i can able to add many value...now if i click on save button for the selected dropdpown item the added values in the listbox should be saved ...like this i add many values for many dropdown item and saved respectivelynow if c...

change dropdownlist's selected value on textbox change
Hi there, I have one dropdownlist and textbox in template column of gridview. Now whenever grideview is in edit mode user can change textbox and dropdown value. Now I want to set dropdownlist's selected index to 0 when user enter any value in text box using javascript. i m new to javascript. Is there any idea to implement this? Check this out.   var ddl = document.getElementById('<%#dropdownlistname.ClientID%>'); ddl.selectedIndex = 0;    Thanks,santosh_maharajaPlease mark as answer if you got expected solution. this wayprotected void gvw_RowDataBoun...

Text value not changing when new value on DropDownList selected
Hi, I am looking for assistance on how to correctly post events when a new item is selected on a drop down list. My drop down list has autopostback enabled and a sub routine associated with SelectedIndexChanged. This routine is activated when another entry in the drop down list is selected, however, the value is not changed and the drop down list returns to the originally selected value. For example, if I have 2 values in my drop down list, 0 and 1, and 0 is the currently selected value. Selecting 1 will trigger the event but the drop down list will return to displaying 0 as the selected ...