I been watching the videos for "Building a Quiz Engine" http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-02.aspx

I am using Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 and using VB. My question is: where would you write down the actual questions for the quiz engine?

I download his code but still cant see where one is supposed to write the questions. Is it in a database? If so, in which one...

Thanks in advance

0
Alohavik

 @alohavik it would be better if the questions are coming from database  iam also making my final year project on online exam if u need any help iam there

0
sandeep
3/24/2009 3:41:56 PM

So I have the questions/quiz/user quiz tables on the Quiz.mdf, would the questions go in this database in another table? Do each question have an aspx page as well?

It might sound a bit stupid but i am so stuck!!!

Thanks I appreciate your help

0
Alohavik
3/24/2009 3:51:59 PM

 @alohavik see what i hv done is i have created different table for diffrent courses but for the case of aspx there is only one because i have created a selecttest aspx before that in which a session gets greated when a user picks up a course from the drop down

2 things happen when drop down list is selected

1) session gets created

2) table gets selected

for example user selected C# then a session for C# and the table C# is selected.

Hop iam not confusing for u  :)

0
sandeep
3/24/2009 4:02:53 PM

I think I see what you mean, for example my project has different lessons and I would like to have a final test at the end of each lesson, so I could put each lessonĀ“s quiz in a different table in the same database, is that so?

Cheers

0
Alohavik
3/24/2009 4:11:02 PM

 Exactly you got my point Wink

0
sandeep
3/25/2009 12:19:15 AM

Got your point but my thingy still doesnt work, do you have to manually create the users and their ids?

0
Alohavik
3/27/2009 10:39:32 PM

 @ Alohavik

No dear let them cretae themselves give a register here link on the start page with a login form

0
sandeep
3/28/2009 2:23:54 AM

I have it already, thats why I dont get what I am doing wrong

0
Alohavik
3/28/2009 2:49:04 AM

Alohavik:
so I could put each lessonĀ“s quiz in a different table in the same database, is that so?

No, that isn't so.  All the questions, and all the answers, are in one table called 'Question.'  Use a database tool to get them in there (or else write yourself a simle gridview or something.)

See this screenshot of the table and its contents:

Regards,

0
Hexagon
3/28/2009 3:54:18 AM

 @alohavik

See you register people by the register here link  with the login form send those details to new table then they will be able to login check there credentials from the table  and straight away send them to the test select form and then start the test on the basis of selection.

If u need code i can give u from my project let me know

Cheers

0
sandeep