HTTP with GET method OK but HTTP with POST method not working

Hi .NET Proz,

I had create a vb.aspx form to process some task when using http get method or post method:-

Now my problem is when i using HTTP with GET method everything works fine but when using HTTP with POST method its not working. Any ideas besides coding error?

Thanks! Big Smile

0
Ekano

Could you post your codes to elaborate your question?

Or you can check some refferences about get and post:

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/methods.html

Vince Xu
Microsoft Online Community Support
Vince

HTTP Get Method
Name: Marlon Email: mribunalatgmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: HTTP Get Method Comments: HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL... Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a4pre) Gecko/20070417 Minefield/3.0a4pre ...

HTTP Post & HTTP Get
Hi, We have a web service written in .net 1.0 which is using the post & get protocols. When we installed .net 1.1 on the server hosting the app the web service stopped working. We found that this was because in the 1.1 machine config the post and get protocols are disabled so we enabled and alls well again. What i don't understand though is why its happening! The web service is written in .net 1.0 so surely it should be looking at the 1.0 machine.config which does have the protocols enabled rather than the 1.1 config that does not have the protocols enabled. Event...

Post Method versus Get Method
I know the POST Method the data is sent to STDIN, and GET method the data is attached to the URL and then submitted. When and why would you want to use the GET method versus the POST method. Is is because of firewalls? or what? I would appreciate any input on this subject. Thank You. Susan Evans There are many reasons to choose one or the other. A good one for POST is file uploads, where the input values could be very very large (think mega or giga bytes of data) or binary which would have to be encoded and then unencoded in some manner, whereas this is less of a problem over a str...

Is it ok to use http Get method to upload file onto server?
I juz wanna kno whether itz ok ( some problem might exists or not ) if i use GET method for uploading file onto server.What I'm gonna do is I've 2 forms.Form1 will have htmlFileField control and a Htmlbutton control.So after user choose the file from filefield control and then clicks the button then I'll open new window ( I'll be calling Form2 with FileName passed as QueryString ) and pass the selected FileName as QueryString to Form2.So in my httpModule, i'll check the whether the requested page is Form2 then I'll check the queryString and save that file on the server by ( bytes by bytes )....

Posting using HTTP GET instead of HTTP POST from Textbox control
Hi I feel almost silly asking this question, but I want to use HTTP GET instead of the default HTTP POST that asp.net uses when a user enters some text in my textbox and clicks on the associated button. How do I do that? Regards, Egil. You can explicitly specify "get" for method attribute of your form. Like this: <form id="form1" runat="server" method="get"> I am not sure why you would want to do this. This causes _VIEWSTATE to show up in your URL and as a query string. And there is a length limitation on query string. The HTML specifications technically define the...

Eksemple on http post instead of http get.
Does anyone have an example on a http post instead of the http-get in the following example... http://poe.perl.org/?POE_Cookbook/Web_Client Example 2: Multiple requests in a single session. regards Michael. Sure! I've done this before. I'll make one and put it at the bottom as example 3. David ---------- Original Message ----------- From: "Michael" <michael@webactor.dk> To: poe@perl.org Sent: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:23:58 +0100 Subject: Eksemple on http post instead of http get. > Does anyone have an example on a http post instead >...

UpdatePanel HTTP Get Method
 Is possible asp.net updatepanel executing by using HTTP Get method instead of POST method? Check http://forums.asp.net/p/1164572/1933704.aspxKamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Form-Methode Get works fine but Post doesn't work
Hallo,i'm trying to write a login for my application. i need to get the username and password from a form. so i tryed this:<%using (Html.Form("Login", "Login", FormMethod.Post)) { %> User name: <%=Html.TextBox("userName", new {type="text", value = ""}) %> Password: <%=Html.TextBox("password", new {type="text", value = ""}) %> <%=Html.Hidden("returnUrl", new {value ="test.url"} )%> <%=Html.SubmitButton("submit", "Login")%> &...

Consume web service with HTTP-GET or HTTP-POST
 I would like to consume a web service with HTTP-GET or HTTP-POST. I tried to google it but couldn't find exactly what I need. I think we need to create htttpwebrequest object, and pass parameters like request.type GET or POST. But I couldn't find how to pass username, password and input parameters at the same time specify the web method to use. Can some one explain regarding this.  Thank you Hi, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/45fez2a8(VS.80).aspx http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webservices/aspwebsvr.aspx  BabaIf this post was useful to you, please Don'...

Mozilla-izing was: Post Method versus Get Method
On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 10:19 US/Pacific, wiggins@danconia.org wrote: [..] > Good point, this for a *very* long time (and may still be) caused > major headaches for the Mozilla development squad as it render most of > their original implementation of caching completely unusable, as it > related to things such as "View Source" and "Save As." [..] oh don't EVEN get me started on those 'feature like' "product elements" that on occasion appear to almost 'work'.... In web Broswers.... but it does point towards...

Restrict HTTP Post, HTTP Get Protocol in web services
Hi, I want to restrict HTTP Post and HTTP Get Protocols in our web services, How can i do this Below link coule helps you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819267Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Is possible to call a parameter directly in POST method as you do with GET method?
Hi. When you are requesting a page with ajax or XMLHttpRequest in POST method, how do you pass more then one parameter to the page requested? With method get is easy because there is the & separators and you don't have to split into a array, and you can call the parameter directly. Is possible to call a parameter directly in POST method? As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe. Hi,In a short word, the data posted to the server is separated in the same manner as querystring does. You can post a string like: item1=value1&am...

Why HTTP GET works but POST doesn't?
Hey all, We've got a situation where two SLES 10 servers (Server A and Server B) are sitting next to each other behind a CSS load-balancer. Server B needs to POST data to Server A as part of an application function. For some reason, from Server B, we are able to successfully make HTTP GET calls to Server A, but HTTP POST calls to Server A fail. I am relatively new to Linux and was wondering where to start troubleshooting this? Maybe a good methodology and some useful tools would be very helpful... how would you guys start digging into this? TIA! B -- shdowflare ...

Web resources about - HTTP with GET method OK but HTTP with POST method not working - asp.net.getting-started

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The working class (also lower class , labouring class , proletariat , or laboring class ) are those employed in lower tier, subordinate jobs. ...

Snapchat down for many, company says aware of problem and working on a fix
Snapchat Support has tweeted that it is aware that many users are “experiencing loading issues,” and says that it is working on a fix. Hi! Some ...

Baths working on new material, playing 2016 shows
photo: Baths at Bowery Ballroom in 2014 (more by Amanda Hatfield) Baths say they're working on new material, and they've also got some shows ...

Comcast is working on 'Siri-like' voice technology for its cable boxes
... with slick voice recognition features. But Comcast, the country’s biggest cable company, wants to get in on the act too. The company is working ...

New top cop warns officers they'll face discipline if dash cams not working
Chicago Tribune New top cop warns officers they'll face discipline if dash cams not working Chicago Tribune Interim police Superintendent ...

This guy just built a working miniature Death Star
The latest creation from a German laser hobbyist on YouTube threatens to create a terrible disturbance in the Force.

Google is working on a wearable that could test diabetics' blood sugar levels
Google has filed a patent application for a wearable device that can test diabetics' blood sugar levels without the use of a needle. The application ...

Mozilla stops working on Firefox OS smartphones
Mozilla originally launched Firefox OS with dreams of democratizing the smartphone: instead of closed platforms and apps, you'd have an open, ...

Kris Jenner Reveals Where Rob Kardashian Spent Thanksgiving: 'He's Working On Himself'
Kris Jenner Reveals Where Rob Kardashian Spent Thanksgiving: 'He's Working On Himself'

Thinking About Working At a Startup?
By Ed Zimmerman & James Manly “I’m thinking about working at a startup; what factors should I consider or questions should I ask?” During the ...