HTML textboxes appear but not web form textboxes

Hi all,

I'm new to all this VS.net and I tested it by creating a new project, and clicking and dragging an asp textbox onto the aspx page. Upon clicking "Build and Browse" the asp textbox does not appear at all. So I double checked, and yeah, Visible was set to true.
So I tried clicking and dragging a normal textbox and strangely, the html textbox does appear on the screen.
Please help on how I can make the ASP textbox appear. I constructed a webform entirely of ASP textboxes and ASP buttons and nothing on the page appears. Is there anything I need to add/remove on the configuration of my IIS 5.1?
-thanks.
0
poji23

Looks like you may need to run "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" in command line from your .net framework folder.
jimmym
goon_power

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Web Page with Textbox and other controls.. how to make cursor start at the Textbox
I'm putting together a page with a textbox that will input the emloyees ID, and that is used to populate in a dropdown box with each of the employees pay checks for the year. And from that dropdown box, once one selects one of the end-of-period dates, I can get the employee's pay stub informantion to show up.  Well two questions.  1) How to get the beginning cursor once the page appears, to rest on the textbox for immediate filling.  2) and then once I get the dropdown box to populate, how to get it to select the first date of the list to show (it right now will for...

Convert Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox to Windows.Forms.TextBox
 I am trying to take user selected text from a textbox and save that portion to a string value, but the only method I have found involves using the System.Windows.Forms namespace and since I am using the FindControl method to pull the text box control from a form view, it throws a "can not convert webcontrol to form" error at me.  So far I have been able to bring the form view controls into the code behind page, but I still have the problem of grabbing the selected text.  Here is my code:         Dim textBox As System.Web.UI.WebCont...

Get selected dropdown value to appear in another textbox on same form
Hi all,As is stated in the title, I need to get a selected dropdown value to appear in another textbox on the same vb.net form.Now I presume I am going to have to use javascript to achieve this? Problem is I have zip javascript experience. Would someone be able to point me in the direction of an online example not too dissimilar to what I need above?Would appreciate it a lot, thanks.  My VB.NET is a little rusty but it should be something like this in the code behind:  YourSelectControl.Attributes.Add("onchange", "document.getElementById('" + YourTex...

? Html.TextBox appears to break web standards ~~ solution needed

get html textbox value in C#.net(code behind)
  i am new to ASP.net. Can anybody say how to get Input textbox value in C#.net. b4 sending answer Thankx  string value = Resquest.Form["textboxname"].ToString(); Hi,There are two ways to access it. 1) Make it runat="server" and access it in code behind like textbox1.value2) Another way is by using     Request.Form["textbox1"].ToString(); I hope this will be helpful to you.Thanks, Alpesh DhaneshaPlease don't forget to "Mask as Answer" if it helped. just add runat =server to html  ...

get data from a html textbox and use that information in VB.NET code
Hello! Can anybody tell me how to get data from a html textbox and use that information in the coding of VB.NET. Actually I am working in SALT just like Bind Element Example, I would like that user speaks the data in and I use this data to be entered in a oracle database using VB.NET coding. Right now the data is not forwarding to the click event of aspx button from the html textbox. Can any body help me soon and early. I will be grateful. Haroon is the text box an asp:textbox or a plain old html input control? If either make sure that it is dimensioned in the codebehind if that i...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Web Form Textbox
Nevermind, found answer.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4)....

Filling a textbox on a parent web user control from a child web form
Hi, I currently have a web user control (pf_imageselector.ascx) which is dynamically created (any number of times) on a parent web user control (pf_fillitems.ascx) which in turn has been loaded into a webform (default.aspx). On the user control is a text box called txbSelectedImage and a button. On click of the button run's this code: function OpenChild() { var strImageFile; var WinSettings = "height=580,width=630,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no"; window.open("pf_stockimage.aspx", null, WinSettings); } Which obviously open a ch...

How to get HTML Source of web page opened by web browser using vb.net
hello friends,         i have opened an web browser in vb.net using the below code Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim nullObject As System.Object = 0 Dim str As String = "" Dim nullObjStr As System.Object = str Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor Dim i As Int16 For i = 1 To 2 AxWebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=test&meta=", True) AxWebBrowser1.Document. Next Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default End Sub  ...

How to get CalendarExtender to appear below textbox?
Is there a way to get the CalendarExenter to appear right below the textbox that it extends from? Currently the calendar appears way below the textbox...almost out of view on the browser. How is your page set up, what is on it. Because I am also having trouble with CalendarExtender placing the calendar extender way above the text box if the text box is located lower then the page is displaying (basically if i have to scroll down to see the text box im about to click on, it will render the calendar at the top of the screen)Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if...

Getting the textbox value after postback in runtime created textbox
Getting the textbox value after postback in runtime created textbox I have created around 30 controls in a control array like txtremarks1,txtremarks2,txtremarks3.....txtremarks30. in runtime. When i am posting the server back.I want to get the values but i dont know how to do. Can anybody please help me in this Note:I know how to use request.form("") but i dont want to use it.I also have some labels.I want to get the text in label. Thanks for the help in advance i need it in urgggentVishal Murthy In order to get value of dynamically created controls you must re...

Web resources about - HTML textboxes appear but not web form textboxes - asp.net.getting-started

Notes Plus on the App Store on iTunes
Get Notes Plus on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Training - Algodoo
Navigation Home For Fun Algodoo Play Algodoo Physics Scenes Demo Buy For Education Algodoo for Education Lessons User stories Solutions Demo ...

Automated Test Design
... tests along with doing ET. Here's my take on a UI test for Alan's app: Open the page Check that text "Total" exists. Check that the 6 textboxes ...

Quick Answers - CodeProject

Cyprus By Bus Route Planner - Find your bus journey in Cyprus
Cyprus By Bus route planner for finding the best possible bus route between two bus stops in Cyprus. Based on origin bus stop, destination bus ...

Issues - gwen - GUI system aimed at games - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in gwen GUI system aimed at games Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Source New issue Search Search within: All issues ...

ASP.NET Web Forms DynamicData FieldTemplates for DbGeography Spatial Types
... Those templates are simple. Here's the Edit example. You might say, hang on, this is just a text box! I thought we weren't using TextBoxes? ...

uCan Post WordPress Plugin Demo - Cartpauj & iComNow
This is a demo for the uCan Post WordPress plugin by cartpauj. This plugin lets users create posts and site content without having to access ...

Jennifer Semtner [ Web Designer / Developer ] » CSS
If you're using Grails and the Grails UI plugin's autocomplete feature, you may have noticed all of your textboxes have disappeared in Chrome ...