how to save file (stored on SQL server) to file/web server?

Hi Experts,

I got files stored on SQL server db. I would like to be able to save them onto file/web server.

I know how to retrieve them, but not sure how to save to file/web server. Please help. Thanks so much.

Below are codes for retrieving file info from sql server:

Dim strFileName As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileName")
Dim strFileType As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileType")
Dim strFileSize As Integer = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileSize")
Dim strFileData As Byte() = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileData")

0
uuthanh

Move File From Web Server to File Server
Our organization has a web server and file server in the same domain. On our public website ordering page, users have the ability to upload a document. The document is currently saved on the Web server in a temp directory. I need to move the uploaded file off the webserver and over to a specific directory on the file server. I have tried using File.Move to accomplish this but encountered permission errors. How does this need to be set up to work? The code format I have is File.Move ("c:\\dir\\file.ext", "\\\\fileserver\\dir\\file.ext"); Thanks in Advance ...

Uploading files to a different file server but not web server
Hi, I want to upload files to a different file server than the web server using asp.net, is that possible?I can use Server.MapPath to store it on the same server. How do I save it to a different machine? What all I need? Do I need IP address? Do I need to have a shared folder on that machine? thank u for the help!!! There is only a few built in ways to get a file from one machine to another in windows.  Things like FTP, HTTP, or File Sharing - you are going to need a path to the server.  You cannot upload directly to that server.  You'll need to upload to your web s...

saving file to a different server rather than on web server
Dear all , I have a .xls file . I want to uplaod the file on a DB server other than web sever . user selects the file from his/her local system and on clicking uplaod button , file should get uplaoded on a new server which is on intranet. I have written below codestring strPostFileName = flUplaod.PostedFile.FileName; string strOrgFileName = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(strPostFileName);string strFileName = dtTodayDate.ToString()+ "_" + strOrgFileName ; //string strDocLoc = strUpldDir + strFileName; string strUpldDir = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["BHCDataUplaod&quo...

SQL Server Express file to Sql Server
I would like to copy the schema and data of a sql server express database file to a SQL Server Database. How can this be done and what steps would I need to take?   Thanks for any helpTinyPond TinyPond:I would like to copy the schema and data of a sql server express database file to a SQL Server Database. How can this be done and what steps would I need to take? If you have Express Management Studio, you back backup your database, and them import it to SQL Server (or attach and reattach).Justs open SQL Server Express Management Studio, connect to your Express instanc...

web server to file server
h most often web server is alsoused as a file/data server but it my case file server is sitting remotely. The problem is how can i transfer files that have been receive on the web server securely to file/data server and up date its path in db stored on web server. thanks in advance ali aligenius:The problem is how can i transfer files that have been receive on the web server securely to file/data server and up date its path in db stored on web server. Is there file server on the same domain as the web server?If so you can just save the file to a mapped network share on the file se...

Web server as File server
Hello experts Scenario: i want to upload file on web server. Now i want to store that uploaded file to its hard drive (suppose D:\File). How can i get the physical path in order to store file.   plz reply fine regards Ali   One way to do this is to create a virtual folder say "Upload" in your web application and map it to the folder where you want to store the files. Now while saving, you can get the physical path byString sPath = Server.MapPath("Upload");String sFileName = "abcd.txt" File.SaveAs(sPath + sFilename);Another way i...

How to upload or copy file from web server to remote sql server
  Hi All,   q. How to upload or copy file from web server to remote server..?.  I want to uploaded excel file from client machine to remote sql server via web server.   i did 1st part and i dont know how to send file from wbe server to remote database server  pls give me solution or usefull links iif any one knows how to do this ..   Thanks in advance.     Are you saying you want to send the file there, or extract the spreadsheet data and put it into a database table?    If the former, I suggest setti...

submitting an XML file to a server, saving the file on the server and reposting the data to another url
I apologize in posting what is quite likely obvious to many - I kept looking in the forums but could' nt find a parallel - please point me in the right direction. 1. I need to upload an XML file to a server ( This is sort of complete) The code that has been used is <% Set xmlDoc = CreateObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument.5.0") Set xmlHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.5.0") xmlDoc.validateOnParse = True xmlDoc.async = False xmlDoc.load("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test\PO.XML") xmlHTTP.open ("POST", "http://www.something.com/Ord...

Store and get flash files from SQL Server
Hi Everyone, I want to store and get flash files(.swf extension) from sql server. I tried using the image datatype in sql server which stores binary data. Is this correct? Also, how can i get the file out from sql server? Thanks alot, HenryToronto Trade show displays | Toronto Printing Solutions | Toronto Printing Yes. Check out this article on retrieving images from SQL Server (just replace image-specific stuff, which is NOT very much, with flash-specific stuff). http://www.dotnetbips.com/displayarticle.aspx?id=60Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this ...

Store uploaded files on web server or in SQL?
Curious as to which way you think is the best.  From ease of coding, it's simplier to file on the server it seems than to store in sql.  So, if you prefer sql, do you have a sample you can send me?  Never make important decisions on a Monday! http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=414Actually, I prefer the filesystem.  Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Hi, Look at the following code which i have to stored images in windows application(not web) in the sql server but this is not the best practice to store images. If you are using docu...

How to upload files (stored on SQL) to web server?
Hi Experts, I got files stored on SQL server db. I would like to be able to upload them onto web server. I know how to retrieve th! em, but not sure how to upload them to web server. Please help. Thanks so much. Below are codes for retrieving file info from sql server: Dim strFileName As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileName")Dim strFileType As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileType")Dim strFileSize As Integer = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(s...

Web resources about - how to save file (stored on SQL server) to file/web server? - asp.net.getting-started

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Intel Rising: Server Stronger Than Ever, Says JMP; Here Comes Apple?
... stock to Market Outperform from Market Perform, assigning a $45 price target, righting that the company will strengthen its hold on its server ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign
PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign

Quanta, Wiwynn see more orders from server clients for 2016
Quanta Computer and Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, are expected to land more cloud server orders from their clients in 2016 as Internet ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

Hyper-V, PowerShell Top IT Pros' Windows Server 2016 Wish List
Container support is nice, but most IT pros are looking forward to Hyper-V virtualization updates and new PowerShell capabilities.

Many Android apps talk to private servers — and it’s often not clear why
A new report finds that a significant percentage of Android applications engage in covert communication but it's not always clear who they are ...