how to remove numbers after decimal point

hi, i need help , i had to do a program , but i'm stuck in this thing, the answer comes out as for example 17.79, i want to just choose 17 and ignore the rest... how can i do that , i tried many things but still :( please help .. thanx
1
elnayfi

Jsut convert it to an int and it will automatically truncate the decimals.  For instance if the 17.79 is in a variable called result, just do something like this.

int i = (int)result;   // in C#

In VB it;s a bit more complex because explicit conversion would round, so your 17.79 would be rounded to 18. so you need to something more like this

Dim i As Integer
Dim result As Double = 17.79
result = Math.Floor(result)
i =
CType(result, Integer)

James
My Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters
0
jcw14
11/20/2005 11:11:41 AM

but what do I do if I want to remove only certain floating points, for example:

Dim b As Decimal = 897.23452345

I want to make it 897.23

but don't wish to use FormatCurrency as it adds $ and I don't want it.

Shimmy
0
weitzhandler
11/19/2008 12:24:10 AM

answer:

Dim a = 897.23452345
Dim b = FormatNumber(a, 2)

thanks anyway

Shimmy
0
weitzhandler
11/19/2008 12:27:43 AM

Hi

It can be done as follow:

double piValue = Math.PI; //Sample value of double data type
int truncatedValue = ((int)piValue);

Hope that helps :)

If the answer/reply above helped you, please mark the question as answered. Thank you. =^^=
0
physicsci
11/19/2008 1:37:56 AM

wrong;

I still want to be left with 2 zeros.

look at my question & my answer (the type of the returned value is not impotant for me so a string is good too).

thanks anyway

Shimmy
0
weitzhandler
11/19/2008 2:27:04 AM

if us need string to show this then use .ToString("N2")

this also present comma, and2 for 2 digits

We All move to our original place.
Don't forget.

Imran Baloch
0
imran_ku07
11/19/2008 5:44:43 AM

Following code may help you:

Float num = 17.79;

String num1 = null;

num = math.Round(num,0); OR

num1 = num.Tostring();

Either of them will provide you the desired result..

Have a nice day.

0
ShreyasK

inserting a decimal number from.net to stored proc. with decimal parameter
I'm trying to enter large number 99999999, (8 digits) converting to decimal in .NET, then using that as a parameter in stored proc. which has a decimal type (decimal(15,2) as a parameter. C#:if (txtAnnualizedSaving.Text.Trim() != string.Empty) {try { sdata.AnnualizedSaving = Convert.ToDecimal(txtAnnualizedSaving.Text); // only for testing ....scale = (System.Decimal.GetBits(sdata.AnnualizedSaving)[3] >> 16) & 31; }catch { sdata.AnnualizedSaving = 0; } }   ... In the business object I have the following code:private bool UpdateData() {bool ret = false; try ...

VB.NET: How to convert hexadecimal number to normal (decimal) number?
Hi to all VB.NET function Hex() converts numbers to hexadecimal strings, is there any reverse function that converts hexadecimals back to numbers?? Thanks, Hooker Hi, how are you? In C#, we have something like: Convert.ToInt32(string strValue, int Base)... So I basically can do: Int iDecimal = Convert.ToInt32("AF8", 16); I'm pretty sure there must be something like it on VB.Net. Hope this Helps, Covohttp://covodev.blogspot.com/"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", A. Einstein That should work, thanks. I'm fine, BTW...

Removing decimal points
Hello there! I need to remove decimal points from numbers. For eg 1.23 or 1.77 would be just 1. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you. On Jun 8, 2007, at 9:52 PM, ash wrote: > I need to remove decimal points from numbers. For eg 1.23 or 1.77 > would be just 1. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you. Use de int() function. -- fxn ash wrote: > Hello there! > > I need to remove decimal points from numbers. For eg 1.23 or 1.77 > would be just 1. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you. > > > perldoc -f int int EXPR int...

How to validate a decimal value with 2 digits after decimal point (de decimal point is a comma)
  I am a newbee, I have a Textbox where de user must write the price of an object. How can I validate de data entry in the Textbox (it must be a valid decimal with 2 digits after decimal point), and my pages are in  Portuguese so the decimal point to be accepted must be a comma   thanks  well you can do something like followig:  suppose TextBox1.Text = 123456,789 then you can say if(TextBox1.Text.Contains(",") ) {     int index1 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(",") +1;     int index2 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(...

how to get a numbers after decimal?
i have this number 3.01 how to get .01 from this number any function ? thanxbeginner ASP.NET Here are a couple approaches: f = n - CInt(n) f = n Mod 1 Tim McBrideThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. thank youbeginner ASP.NET ...

How to remove the decimal point ?
A simple question.I am working with asp.net c# and I a have a variable with .00 (ex: 500.00).I would like to convert this variable to 500Bottom line: to remove the .00Someone know what do I have to write ? Try:FormatNumber(Myvariable, 0)--------------------------------------------------------Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.NHibernate with ASP.net Problem-Design-Solution sample applicationScott ASP.net blog  This is working  TextBox1.Text = String.Format("{0:0.##}", 123.00);   Mark as Answer if the p...

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

Getting started with JScript.NET

Adding Numbers with decimal points
I have been trying to add a group of textboxes together and display as a whole number with two decimal space  ...  ie 1458.35. I have been converting the textbox.text string to an integer and adding the results with a Math.Round function but it doesn't work (see below). I used the exact same code on a major project two years ago and it worked fine. I am using the (ByVal d As Decimal, decimal As Integer) As Decimal function  The code is: <  Dim num as Integer num = Textbox1.Text Dim num2 As Integer num2 = Textbox2.Text Dim num3 as Integer num3 = ...

Getting started .net website

Get start with Share Point
Hi friend's     Some body can help me, I am beginning with Share Point. I have a Share Point Portal and I need upload files into a Document Library How can I do? Greetings.  Hi kyddyan,Do you want to do the upload programmatically or not? You can do it this way:Go to your document libraryOn the right top of your document library you have a "View" dropdownlist.Change the view to: "Explorer View"Now open a Windows Explorer and drag the folder you want to upload to the "Explorer View" of the Document Library.Kind regards,Wim Pl...

Web resources about - how to remove numbers after decimal point - asp.net.getting-started

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

'Significant Number' Of Harper Patronage Appointees Have Offered To Resign: Liberals 122
The appointments were made in the last days of the previous Conservative government.

Return of investment for cybersecurity: Can we put a number on it?
... to make money in order to pay salaries (including salaries of the cybersecurity team), so their point of view, based mainly on financial numbers, ...

Here are Amazon's cute holiday sales figures translated into real numbers
Amazon is notoriously tight-lipped about the details of its business. It took years before the company revealed the size of its cloud business ...

Wild ride: China markets by the numbers
For investors who couldn't bear to look, here are the giant slides and huge gains on the wild ride that was investing in China.

2015: By The Numbers
... what with last year’s GM recall, Sony hack, and the like — we still had rather a lot go on in the last 365 days. Here’s a run-down of the numbers ...

We Will Increase The Number of Substitutes By Paying Them Less
And giving the rest to a private company, of course. I think it's cute that anybody pretends that the plan was supposed to succeed.

FIRST LOOK: Kylie Minogue Strips Joshua Sasse Down in Sexy, New 'Galavant' Number
ETonline has your first look at the singer, who is adding her star power to the new season of the ABC musical.

Your Holiday By The Silly And Surreal E-Commerce Numbers
Quantifying holiday cheer: 673,000 Beatles playlists, one box of Stove Top stuffing, and a 20-fold search increase for "return policy." Christmas ...