In putting together an ASP.NET application for a biz application, we have come to the point where there are three different types of basic forms which have, for the most part, been perfected.  Now its is a matter of cloning those forms for various uses and modifying or adding code to suit the particular need.

Copy and paste works OK, but there is a lot of changing of certain words, etc.
Is there a way in ASP.NET to take these basic forms, turn them into classes or templates, create forms from them, then add or overwrite code? ? (Anybody who is a Vis Fox Pro programmer would know immedisately what I mean.
Many thanks
Mike Thomas
0
GeyikBaba

what you're referring to is known as master pages. Unfortunately asp.net 1.x doesn't natively support this but it will be standard available in its next incarnation version 2.0. There are some workarounds off course (other people were also looking for this feature in the past).
I used this implementation in the past and it worked for me: Visual Inheritance.
Grz, Kris.

XIII
6/24/2004 7:29:16 AM
When I was looking at the gotdotnet site I also found this implementation:

Master pages v2.0.
Didn't check this one out but probably will in the near future :-) .
Grz, Kris.

XIII

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Include web form inside web form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Web resources about - How to Make Web Forms from other Web Forms - asp.net.getting-started

Form - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Form is the shape , visual appearance , constitution or configuration of an object. In a wider sense, the form is the way something is or happens, ...

Political prisoners-turned-politicians form Myanmar's new ruling party
... most dramatic change in more than 50 years fresh-faced MPs loyal to Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi filed into a grandiose Parliament to form ...

Condé, Hearst Form Circulation Company
Condé Nast and Hearst Magazines have joined forces to create PubWorx, an independent company that will handle production, procurement and circulation ...

Aleen Keshishian Leaves Brillstein Entertainment Partners To Form Lighthouse Management
EXCLUSIVE : Aleen Keshishian has left Brillstein Entertainment Partners , where she was a long time partner, to form her own management shingle. ...

Curt Schilling Contributed To Ben Carson Campaign, Joked About Being Fired From ESPN On Donation Form ...
ESPN baseball analyst Curt Schilling wasn’t sure if he was going to continue to be an ESPN baseball analyst when he donated $250 to Ben Carson’s ...

Sign-Up for T-Mobile Prepaid Plan, Receive Free Smartphone in Form of $50 Mail-in Rebate
Starting Wednesday, February 3, those who sign up for a T-Mobile prepaid plan will receive a $50 mail-in rebate, good for use on a smartphone. ...

Understanding Your Tax Forms 2016: Form 1099-A, Acquisition Or Abandonment Of Secured Property
Trying to figure out your tax forms? Here's the fifth in my handy-dandy forms primer: 1099-A, Acquisition Or Abandonment Of Secured Property. ...

Behold Gotham's Absurdity, Finally Rendered in Comic Book Form
Gotham , a hellish form of torture dreamt up solely to punish Rob Bricken that occasionally moonlights as a Fox TV show, is heading to comics. ...

Seven more Hillary server e-mails too secret to release in any form
... seven more e-mails from Hillary Clinton’s unauthorized and nonsecure homebrew system as too sensitive to release even in redacted form. That ...

Light Cannon House in Sydney references the scultpural roof forms of Le Corbusier’s famous La Tourette ...
Read the rest of Light Cannon House in Sydney references the scultpural roof forms of Le Corbusier’s famous La Tourette monastery