How to make a .NET assembly to control a service which built by .NET?

i need to build a service to be a quota service by .NET

but i need to build a .NET assembly to manage the service by web
so, how to build a assembly to control it?
Parco Lee
Owner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional Programmer

SoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)
http://www.softdweller.com
A professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.

http://www.nowlover.com
0
SM

You need to build a class that uses a ServiceController. You can attach the servicecontroller to the service, and use it to stop, start, pause etc. it.

I have a blog.

Perhaps you'd like to read it.
0
benjimawoo
9/6/2004 3:39:08 PM
but i need to control the objects inside the service, just like i need to create a new user account inside the service by an asp.net web
Parco Lee
Owner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional Programmer

SoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)
http://www.softdweller.com
A professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.

http://www.nowlover.com
0
SM
9/6/2004 4:05:07 PM
If I understand correctly:

You have a service that runs in the background and contains a bunch of objects. Is that right? If so:
You could implement the objects you need a .NET remotable objects (which takes a bit of work).
You could also expose the objects within the service througha web service (takes a bit less work)

I have a blog.

Perhaps you'd like to read it.
0
benjimawoo
9/8/2004 12:41:33 PM

right! but how to do that? any example(s)?
Parco Lee
Owner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional Programmer

SoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)
http://www.softdweller.com
A professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.

http://www.nowlover.com
0
SM
9/8/2004 5:53:17 PM
There are different approaches for the problem.

1. Use a Windows Service and talk to it using Remoting. This is the richest form that allows two-way communication with the objects just as if these objects were use locally (the network calls are masqueraded).
2. Use IIS and host a .asmx web service on the system which you can talk to (very easy to do and possible cross-platform). Web Services are more beloved than .NET Remoting based applications do.
3. If you can't use IIS, you can host the webservice inside Cassini as well (which can run as a Windows Service, see my post on this).
4. Use a Windows Service but make it loosely coupled from the rest of the system. An example is to use MSMQ (message queuing) to send a message to and then pick that message in the service using a timer based on a regular interval (check the queue every minute and retrieve the messages from it for example). This is pretty easy to do after some basic research. This approach is asynchronously and one-way communication (you just send it - which can be an object - to the queue but you don't get a message back).
Bart De Smet [MVP]

Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net
0
bdesmet
9/8/2004 7:42:09 PM
is there any memory sharing control method just like common class or namespace?
Parco Lee
Owner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional Programmer

SoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)
http://www.softdweller.com
A professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.

http://www.nowlover.com
0
SM

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Net Farmers net

net send in .net

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

Web resources about - How to make a .NET assembly to control a service which built by .NET? - asp.net.getting-started

Speaker of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Speaker of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly is the presiding officer of the Legislative Assembly , New South Wales 's lower chamber ...

Catalan assembly votes to start process of breaking from Spain
Catalonia's regional assembly has passed a resolution calling for secession from Spain, energising a drive towards independence and deepening ...

ASUS Launches Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly for Skylake, includes 10G Ethernet Card
We covered the launch of ASUS’ most expensive Z170 motherboard when the announcement was made ( we also have it in for review ), but late last ...

Virginia General Assembly
News, Photos and Information about Virginia General Assembly

Review: Minecraft: Story Mode: Assembly Required
Telltale fans have grown accustomed to a two-to-four month wait between episodes. So when the studio surprise launched Assembly Required just ...

With West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls to come, the future looks tense for the BJP
What looked like a certainty has now turned into a tragedy. Just a few months ago, the BJP was counting the number of additional seats it would ...

'Lego Dimensions' Doctor Who Adventure World, Some Assembly Required
Wave 2 of Lego Dimensions brings with it the Doctor Who world, but just how much extra content do you get for the $29.99 expansions pack?

Minnesota Democrat ends bid for state assembly seat after sympathetic Islamic ...
TheBlaze.com Minnesota Democrat ends bid for state assembly seat after sympathetic Islamic ... Fox News MINNEAPOLIS – A Democratic candidate ...

Trial Set to Start for Indicted Ex-NY Assembly Speaker
Former NY Assembly speaker goes to trial on charges he pocketed $4M in kickbacks

Did Netanyahu and American Jews Kiss and Make Up at the General Assembly?
Haaretz Did Netanyahu and American Jews Kiss and Make Up at the General Assembly? Haaretz The prime minister's remarks hit the notes that ...