How to insert audio files and play audio files in a web form

Hi,

1) Could you please post a sample code which shows how to save an audio file and play an audio file from server?
2) Which of the following way is better for performance?
        a) Save the audio file to a folder in the server and save the name of the file in database.
        b) Save the audio file directly to database in binary format.

Requirement is that Many people will be accessing the site and the same file at the same time.

If anybody has any code for saving and playing audio file, please do send it.

Regards,
Sindia

0
sindia

You might want to check these

http://steveorr.net/articles/StreamingMedia.aspx
http://forums.asp.net/t/1121531.aspx
http://forums.asp.net/p/1125724/1770164.aspx#1770164
http://www.devsource.com/article2/0,1895,1772060,00.asp

In my opinion, saving audio in file system is better otherwise you will require huge db space.

Mehedi Hasan

Thanks for replying.
In my case fastness is more important than the space consumption. The site is all about tests conducted for candidates. The audio file is supposed to be a Question and after hearing it, candidate has to answer.
So fastness has more importance.

Which according to you will be faster? Retrieving audio file from database or retrieving from a folder in server? More than 200 candidates will be accessing the site at a time.

Regards,

Sindia

0
sindia
9/26/2007 7:55:41 AM

If speed is a concern as well as performance then files should be stored in file system i.e. folder in server, however sometimes its easier to maintain them on the database, however it severly deteriorates db performance.

Here is forum where I answered a similar question..

 http://forums.asp.net/t/1156729.aspx

this applies to any file.

Hope this helps..

Please Mark Post that helped you as answer, also include a summary of what solved the problem as it helps others in similar situations
0
naturehermit

Inserting audio files in web pages
Hi.. Can somebody help me with inserting an audio file in a web page using asp.net thru visual studio.net 2.0 thanks...

How to play audio file in mobile form?
 Hi friends..I want play audio file on my mobile form on button control..can u tell me how it can achieve?plz anyone help me its very urgent or any related url plz send me.. Thanks and regardspash Use the PlaySound API, the PlaySound exists in coredll.dll.     Enum SoundFlags As Integer        SND_SYNC = &H0  ' play synchronously (default)         SND_ASYNC = &H1  ' play asynchronously         SND_NODEFAULT = &H2  ' silen...

How to play Audio( wav , mp3 ) files in .net
Hi, Can anyone please tell me how can I play Audio files like wav and mps in .net. thanks in AdvanceHighOnCodingWanna get high! ...

load up an audio file, put it in a list and be able to play it with some audio player
Hi folks .. here's one of the things i want to add to my application ... i have my PDA which i use to record many files of stuff like ... phone numbers of customers i have to call, hours worked at a jobsite, materials needed to order for future jobsites.  i currently listen to these in winamp (format of audio file is PCM) .. i'm wondering if i can upload all these to a folder on the server using my "Recordings Page" and then display these in a grid of some sort by day they were uploaded .. and when i click on a file it plays it using some embedded audio player .. ...

Audio files are loading without controls, just black screen. Audio does play.
Name: Stephen Reed Email: stevedotreedatinsightbbdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Audio files are loading without controls, just black screen. Audio does play. Comments: I just get the audio playing and a black screen when I play audio files, with the words "Waiting for video". When I open the same audio in Internet Explorer (gag lol), it does load the audio with the controls visible (pause, play, stop etc). Thanks! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090616 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mo...

How to send a 3gp audio or video file from a web form to mobile phone
I would like to know how you can transmit audio and/or video 3gp files to a mobile phone.Here's an example scenario I'm talking about: 1. The user goes into a web form and selects or clicks on a particular audio or video hyperlink.2. The web application would then ask for the cellphone number to send the audio or video file to.3. After entering the cellphone number and submitting, the user receives the 3gp file in the aforementioned cellphone.I would appreciate it very much if you could suggest some links, resources or anything that would accomplish this.  Is there a sample...

Playing a audio file
What are the ways to play an audio file reliably on windows mobile 5 and higher devices. Is there an out-of-the-box solution or Does the user have to install any plugin for this? Having scriptable support would definitely help. What are the approaches which others are using for this? Thank you for your time, Deepak. i m not sure but u can check this http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa909830.aspxif this post unswerd ur question marke it as answer Maybe FlashPlayer of Silverlight Mobilehttp://blogs.msdn.com/lokeuei/archive/2007/05/03/checkout-silverlight-on-windows-mobile.as...

Playing audio file
hi to all,does anyone here knows how to play an audio files in asp.net?I have a simple website where i can upload an mp3 files.in their, i can also create a playlist and add an mp3 files to that playlist.I can play a single audio in a page but how can I play an audio that is in the playlist.I dont make a playlist.wpl file for my playlist.i have a database and when doing a playlist, I only save the TrackId and PlaylistId in a table then query it as a playlist.does anyone here has an idea for this?I really need this urgent. thanks I am not sure about playing a playlist on a web browser but ...

How to play audio files?
Can any one give me an idea about how to play audio (wav) files from powerbuilder applications. Thanks in advance Yes, Use the PFC-function to do it. If you do not use PFC then copy the function to your own object.. Regards Steen jakobsen DM software. Balaji B.G <ewak@eth.net> wrote in message news:WAVEAkAM$GA.288@forums.sybase.com... > Can any one give me an idea about how to play audio (wav) files from > powerbuilder applications. > > Thanks in advance > > > > > > > > ...

Playing audio files
I am developing a web page that will present the user with a series of radiobuttons and a play button. The radio buttons will enable them to choose one of a series of sound clips and when they click the play button the sound will be played (by specifying a URL to stream it from). The question is, does anybody know how to I can dynamically play the sounds. I need to be able to stream an audio file but can't hard code the url because it all depends on the choice made by the user. I have the URL's stored in a private DataTable but I'm not sure how to play them. I have tried to insert a media...

Play a audio file
Hi,       How to play a different audio files as a background of web site.? Check this out: http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/sounds/sounds_famsupp_18.html...

get file size from web file
Hello, I'm writing a vb.net application that is getting files from the internet. How can I get the filesize from a file (could also be an html or aspx page) that is located on the web? The system.io only works for diskfiles. Kindest regards, Tom Govaert Hello, I passed through this before, you need to tranform the url into a physical address. Ask you hosting company on the disk drive that is used to access your files locally and then use it to do the conversion. regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

playing audio files #2
hello i want to play all audio format files on  button click on aspx page,can anyone suggest me what can i do...

Unsolicited Audio File Plays
Name: Mike Presley Email: michaelatarticiumdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Unsolicited Audio File Plays Comments: I normally keep FireFox open when my computer is unattended. On 4 ocassions (so far), we've noticed (and I kid you not) the audio weather forecast for Chicago Illinois playing across the speakers at about 40% volume. I don't live in Illinois and never signed up for audio weather forecasts at any time. Basically, it's not bothering me just odd. To fix it, I've tried to close all tabs and land the only open tab onto Google. The weather chick ke...

Web resources about - How to insert audio files and play audio files in a web form - asp.net.getting-started

Package insert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) determines the requirements for patient package inserts. Other national or international ...

Inserts Wallpapers & Photos on the App Store on iTunes
Get Inserts Wallpapers & Photos on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Please Insert Coin - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore arsheffield's photos on Flickr. arsheffield has uploaded 6582 photos to Flickr.

Ice Cube-I'm Scared (Insert)-The Predator - YouTube
Artist:Ice Cube Title:I'm Scared (Insert) Album:The Predator Year:1992

Google halts public map edits after prankster inserts image of Android robot urinating on Apple logo
Google sidelines crowd-sourced map-making tool to prevent embarrassing edits.

Dear [insert name], Qantas takes your complaint very seriously, honest
What's more annoying than being delayed nine hours on a long-haul flight between Sydney and Los Angeles, while stuck in a seat with a broken ...

Skype to insert advertising into calls
Skype to insert advertising into calls

ISIS inserts disturbing images into N.L. vote Twitter chatter
Note: The CBC does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comments, you acknowledge that CBC has the right to reproduce, ...

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 now ships with warning not to insert S-Pen the wrong way
... YouTube unboxing video reveals that Samsung has begun shipping its Galaxy Note 5 handsets with a warning label, telling users not to insert ...

Updates to Google Docs & Slides let you insert & quickly edit images on iOS
Google is today rolling out updates to its Google Docs and Slides mobile apps bringing the ability to insert images directly from the app on ...