How to get second index of any substring in ASP.Net using VB.Net?

I have one string as-
sCurrnetURL = "http://192.160.20.20:50/MIS/index.aspx"

In above URL I want that 50 i.e. port no. but it could be 100 or 200 or 1500
How could I get that number only also that virtaul directory name ie. MIS might not be same.
Currrently I used this code -
Dim sGetURL As String, sPortNoInURL As String
Dim iVal As Integer, iValOfSlash As String
      sGetURL = Request.Url.ToString
      iVal = InStr(sGetURL, ":")
      iValOfSlash = sGetURL.IndexOf("/MIS")
      If iVal > 0 Then
            sPortNoInURL = sGetURL.Substring((iVal + 1), ((iValOfSlash - iVal) - 1))
      End If

But above code has two problems - first one that in iVal it returns value of first : i.e. "http:"
so here I want want second index of 50.
Another problem is that I am taking iValOfSlash hard coded i.e. "/MIS" might not be same.

So please give me code to get that port no. from that URL string.
0
harshal_shravgi

you are doing it way too difficult. You could get it by changing the last If to be

If iVal > 0 Then
            iVal = sGetURL.IndexOf(":", iVal + 1)
            sPortNoInURL = sGetURL.Substring((iVal + 1), ((iValOfSlash - iVal) - 1))
End If

 But, .Net Framework has System.Uri class for dealing with these. So instead of all the previous code, you could just write:

Dim sCurrnetURL As String = "http://192.160.20.20:50/MIS/index.aspx"

Dim url As New System.Uri(sCurrnetURL)
Dim sPortNoInURL As String = url.Port
 Which saves you from dealing with substring lookup.

Thanks,

Teemu Keiski
Finland, EU
0
joteke

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

how can i Get OCX File in .net IDE vb.net/C3
hi all,      How can I generate OCX file in VB.net/c# 2005 that will interact in web pages...?Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, As far as I know, VB 2005 and C# 2005 cannot create the project for ocx file. However, I hope the following link will be helpful to you. Creating an ActiveX Control in Visual Studio 2005http://msmvps.com/blogs/pauldomag/archive/2006/08/16/107758.aspxSincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other co...

use of vb.net and c#.net

how to get CallerID using vb.net
Dear All!! does anyone know how to get the callerid of the incoming call using vb net or C# i have a telephone line connected with a modem, i need to answer the incoming call by getting the caller id information. Need assistance.     Hey,This forum is dedicated to asp.net which is a web based technology.As such we dont have access to this level of hardware through the browser. I am sure if anyone on here sees this post and they know the answer they will post it but you would probably get a better response if you want to the dedicated Windows Forms forums at:http://...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

How to use InterBase with VS.NET (vb.net)??
Hi all; Q1:How can I use "InterBase" as a RDMS with Visual Studio.NET (VB.NET) for developing a small application?? Q2:What should I use for a Data Provider? Q3:How ConnectionString will be build?? Thanks in advanced!Regards,CS4Ever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped. This will help me, you and others....

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

how can i write this line using vb.net : container.dataitem ?.... in vb.net its not working
Dim container As GridView = CType(newLinkButton.NamingContainer, GridView) Dim dataValue As Object = DataBinder.Eval(container.dataitem, _ColName)   _ColName its just a string a name of the field in my database   This is Vb.Net code man what you want? You can convert any format from this link http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer...

Web resources about - How to get second index of any substring in ASP.Net using VB.Net? - asp.net.getting-started

Longest common substring problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The longest common substring of the strings "ABABC", "BABCA" and "ABCBA" is string "ABC" of length 3. Other common substrings are "A", "AB", ...

Minimum substring cover problem
A major part of my thesis involves finding an algorithm to discover a good substring cover of text in order to properly syllabify said text. ...

App Store - YGO DeckMaster
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about YGO DeckMaster on the App Store. Download YGO DeckMaster and enjoy ...

Stack Overflow
Stack Exchange log in - careers - chat - meta - about - faq Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered Ask Question Top Questions interesting 325 ...

Commodore.ca - History - Commodore Pet Preview Oct 1978
Entry point to information about Commodore PET, CBM, 64, Advertising, History, Canada

Changement de nom - Changer son nom en raison d’une relation conjugale - Ontario.ca
Changer Son Nom En Raison D’une Relation Conjugale Et Reprendre Son Ancien Nom 0){str=str.substring(0,str.indexOf('#');}if(str.indexOf('?')> ...

Swisscom - International Kommunizieren
"; oPW.document.write(y); oPW.document.close(); } function toggleLayer(pPageId, layerId) { el = document.getElementById(pPageId+'_lay'+layerId); ...

梦回天堂般的维拉沙鲁
... -1){if(window.location.href.toString().lastIndexOf('?')> -1){param2=window.location.href.toString().substring(window.location.href.toString ...

Aegean Airlines - Contact Form
3000)this.value = this.value.substring(0,3000);" onblur="javascript:if (this.value.length> 3000)this.value = this.value.substring(0,3000);"> ...

Best Deals on Flights, Air Tickets, and Travel Offers - AirTran Airways
... flights for U.S., Mexico, and Caribbean travel on AirTran Airways. -1) break;}idx=idx+tsd [i].length;hname=oh[i];}path=location.href.substr ...