how to get network workstations ip address and their name

Hi guys

last week I downloaded spiceworks it works pretty good. Basicaly it is a web page system that shows my workstations in my network and their hardware, software configurations.

I started wondering if there is a program that written in asp.net or vb.net  I searched the NET, however I couldn't find good source. There are few scripts out there however none of them works.

Maybe I need to read a little about it, Again I didn't see any source that explaines the basics (foundation of) of this subject.

Could you please send me some ideas of yours, including;

  • where I can find info?
  • I found out wmi gives pretty good info about local mechine , however I couldn't find any info about how to connect to remote mechines and get their specs.

thank you all for help.

Cemal

0
patron

Hello,

Finding Countries and Cities Using IP Address

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/IPData.asp

Resolving Domain Names and IP Addresses
http://aspalliance.com/744

Here are some more useful links for you:

http://www.411asp.net/home/assembly/crossref/iptogeog

HTH

Please give us feedback no matter whether you get your answer.
Please "mark as answer" if it's useful for you

Sincerely,
Jerome
0
Jerome

Get IP address from network interface name
Hello! I have been using the TNTFirewall component (NTSet) to retreive the network devices of my computer. I get a lot of information för each device eg. NTFireWall.Connections[I].Name, NTFireWall.Connections[I].DeviceName, NTFireWall.Connections[I].GuidId. What I can't find is the currently assigned IP address of each device (if available). How can I get the current IP address assigned to these connections using the above properties? The values are as an example: Name = 'Anslutning till lokalt nätverk' DeviceName = 'Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet...

How Do I get rid of \\ ( ie\\ipp//:ip address/ipp/printer) out of the start of my printer name
Hi, How Do I get rid of \\ out of the start of my printer name, I think this is stopping me printing to some printers with certain drivers(HP driver don't seem to mind). If I set printers up manual I do not have this problem and the driver works with the printer, but if I use the automated iprint way it adds \\ to the start of the printer name and it hangs my spooler file. Michael, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might ...

To get a network IP address
I'm desperate. How can I get a PC's network IP address in PowerBuilder? Have to use Windows API? If possible, I'll be grateful if anyone could send me a sample source. THANKS IN ADVANCE. On Tue, 06 Jan 1998 15:55:38 +0900, "����" <yschae@disc.co.kr> wrote: >How can I get a PC's network IP address in PowerBuilder? >Have to use Windows API? >If possible, I'll be grateful if anyone could send me a sample source. Take a look at: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj/powerbuilder\PBTIP14.HTM Bruce Armstrong [Team...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

How to get Hostname, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name using Query
As we know, normally we connect to a sybase server by just identifying the node name and interfaces file and necessary properties, but currently I want to get Host-name, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name of connected server out after connection created. Does any one how to use query to do so? Does sybase provide such functionality? Seems oracle can do so... If there is no query, does sybase provides any API which can implement this? Thanks! instance name: select @@servername [assumes the DBA has defined a local entry in syservers] db name: select db_name() [can...

Getting NIC to get a dynamic IP address from Cable Modem
Does anyone know how to get my NW 6 server to get a dynamic IP address from a cable/DSL modem? Thanks, Kevin DHCPCLNT name=board_name Add /INETCFG to the end of that to have DHCPCLNT update your INETCFG information for you. After it does that, you'll probably need to manually enable Dynamic NAT on the interface. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

Get host name from IP address
does anyone have any simple C# code that can do this?pwpaust Try this.  It's a simple page that looks up both IP and name.  I've put in some data to test with, but you can enter your own text!   <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Net" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <script runat="server"> protected string DNSLookup(string domain) { string result = string.Empty; try { IPHostEntry ipHe = Dns.GetHostEntry(domain); IPAddress[] ipAd...

Get domain name from IP address
 Hi all,          I want to convert an Ip address to corresponding domain name if any. Do i really need to use some third party components like IP2location .. Guys Please help..   thanks in advanceplease click 'Mark as Answer' if my post helped you. http://forums.asp.net/p/1039283/1443326.aspx#1443326TUFAN01MAN HostName = System.Net.Dns.GetHostName(); IPAddres = System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(HostName).GetValue(0).ToString();Thanks,AdamPlease "Mark as Answer" if this has helped you.  The above link is ...

Get the IP Address of the current workstation.
Hi, Is there any way(API or PowerBuilder function) to get the IP address of the current workstation with PowerBuilder 5. I know that there is a API function to get the name of the computer but I really need the IP address. I looked in the registry but didn't find it there. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Richard. Richard.Pineault@dmr.ca DMR Consulting Group Inc. http://www.dmr.ca/ Richard Pineault wrote in message <34B4F4D5.E7956E1@dmr.ca>... >Hi, > >Is there any way(API or PowerBuilder function) to get the IP address of >the current w...

How to get IP address/name of the machine
Hi all, I have a requirement to find out IP address/name of the machine to which a given windows user is currently logged on. Is that possible with C#? If anyone has came across sample code please guide me to appropriate resource. Blog: SEO Articles Website: Search Engine Ranking Are you looking for this? Request.UserHostAddress()   Jef Claes~~~~~~~~~~Visit my blog Hi, Please try to use my code: public static string IPAddress { get { string userIP; HttpRequest Request = HttpContext....

How to get IP address or name of the server?
I need to get the IP address or name of the server that runs my asp.net application. Which class, method should I use? Thanks! Try this: Request.ServerVariables["SERVER_NAME"]Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thank you very much. I tried "SERVER_NAME", but it gives me more info than I need. I used Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_HOST"] instead. ...

Lookup IP Address to get domain name
Hi I have a datagrid which has a list of IP Addresses in it, I would like to resolve the IP address to show its fully qualified domain name (if found) in another column of the datagrid. Is this possible?  Is there a web service i can use, or is this functionality built into .net 2.0?Thanks in advance Check out this article:http://semichaos.com/articles/aspnet1/iptohost.aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! hi,here is some information for you ,hope it helpshttp://semichaos.com/articles/aspnet1/iptohost.aspx...

Get IP address of the Primary network adapter?
On a PC with multiple NICs, in Windows, you can set one of those NICs as being the "primary" adapter (the one used first). But GBSDStack.LocalAddress (aka GBSDStack.LocalAddresses[0]) does not provide the IP address of this primary adapter. At least not always.. Question: how can I ensure to get the IP address of the "primary" adapter? -- Regards, AndrewFG <Andrew Fiddian-Green> wrote in message news:379014@forums.embarcadero.com... > GBSDStack.LocalAddress (aka GBSDStack.LocalAddresses[0]) > does not provide the IP address of this primary ada...

How do you get IP Address of your workstation using PB?
I would like to retrieve my own IP Address by using any Windows API functions or any PB internal function, how do I do it? Or what are the API functions? Any help will be appreciated. ehyb http://eric.aling.tripod.com/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com "ehyb" <ehyb@usa.net> wrote in message news:cjsc#XG2AHA.160@forums.sybase.com... > I would like to retrieve my own IP Address by using any Windows API > functions or any PB internal function, how do I do it? Or what are the API...

Web resources about - how to get network workstations ip address and their name - asp.net.getting-started

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

App Store - iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices!
Get iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

workstation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
i tend to photograph trin from above. possibly because she is little. colour

Citrix WinFrame 1.8 upgrade from Windows NT 3.51 Workstation - YouTube
This is my recording of doing an in place upgrade of the elusive Citrix WinFrame 1.8 version of Windows NT 3.51. I was able to do an in place ...

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Fusion-IO Brings Flash Madness To Workstations, And Movies Like 'Hugo'
... the founding member of the AllThingsD Flash Madness Club , last summer’s hot IPO , said today it is bringing its flash technology to workstations. ...