how to get javascript value in C#.net pageload

Detect acrobat reader installed in client machine. I have to check this in page load. I have hidden field in .aspx to get the return value.

I had used page.registerstartupscript to execute javascript. I can execute the script but i can't retrieve the return value.

I can get the value only by using  _doPostBack("hidAcrobat","1");

I need the retrieve the value without page refresh.

 Can you please suggest regarding the issue.

Thanks,

Karnan

0
karnan

declare your hidAcrobat hidden variable in aspx file like bellow.
Line1. <input type="hidden" runat="server" id="hidAcrobat">

 after post back you can read the value of hidden variable in cs file using

Line2. String value = hidAcrobat.Value();

 If you are using the visual studio. if you write the line1 in aspx page automatically in cs file a variable hidAcrobat will be created of type System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputHidden

if you are not using the visual studio, you have to write it explicitl like

Protected WithEvents hidAcrobat As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputHidden

Please mark as answer if my post is useful and Please correct me if I am wrong anything here.
0
duttavr
4/11/2007 9:53:39 AM

Thanks duttavr ...

I used same us mentioned below:

<input type="hidden" runat="server" id="hidAcrobat">

 after post back you can read the value of hidden variable in cs file using

Line2. String value = hidAcrobat.Value();
But in page load i can't get th string value in hidden text at the first time. If i use dopostback in javascript i can get the value.
Can you suggest regarding this... it will greatful to you.

Thanks & regards,
Karnan

0
karnan
4/12/2007 10:20:17 AM
At first time the hidden control witch you have created does not contain any value.
So assign your required value before post back. Find the code bellow.

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="true" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication11.WebForm1"%>
<HTML>
	<HEAD>
		<title>WebForm1</title>
	</HEAD>
			<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
			<asp:Button id="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button"></asp:Button>
			<input type="hidden" runat="server" id="aaa" size="21">
		</form>
</HTML>

If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
hidAcrobat.Value = "Hello" End If
End Sub

Private Sub
Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
TextBox1.Text = hidAcrobat.Value
End Sub

Please mark as answer if my post is useful and Please correct me if I am wrong anything here.
0
duttavr
4/17/2007 9:29:26 AM

 hi karnan!

had you resolved this problem, i have a trouble same you and read this post but can not help yet.

if yours is working, can you tell me the way?

thanks advance.

dienql

0
dienql
11/26/2007 1:10:30 AM

Hi All,

I am new to .Net. I am converting a source which is in .net 1.1 to .net3.5.

In 1.1 those people had used scritps for calendar popup.

Let me show the sample code first

In JSCalendar.aspx

----------------------------------

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="JSCalendar.aspx.cs" Inherits="JSCalendar" %>

<head runat="server">

<LINK href="cal/popcalendar.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

<title>Test Calender</title>

<script language="javascript" src="cal/popcalendar.js"></script>

<script language="javascript">

function test()

{

alert('Here');

var strValue = document.getElementById('txt_Date').value;

alert(strValue);

if (strValue != '')

{

var strarr = strValue.split("/");

strValue = strarr[1] + '/' + strarr[0] + '/' + strarr[2];

var d = new Date(strValue);

var d1= d.getDate();

d1 = d1 + 3;

d.setDate(d1);

var Month = d.getMonth();

Month = Month + 1;

strMonth = Month + "";

if(strMonth.length == 1)

Month = '0' + Month;

var strDay = d.getDate() + "";

if(strDay.length == 1)

strDay = '0' + strDay;

document.getElementById('txt_Date1').value = strDay + '/' + Month + '/' + d.getFullYear();

}

}

</script>

</head>

<form id="form1" method="post" runat="server">

<TABLE id="tbl_control" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" border="0">

<TR>

<TD align="right"><asp:label id="lbl_Date" Font-Bold="true" runat="server">Date :</asp:label></TD>

<TD align="center" style="width: 107px"><asp:textbox id="txt_Date" runat="server" Columns="6" Width="99px" OnTextChanged="txt_Date_TextChanged"></asp:textbox></TD>

<TD><asp:image id="imgCalendar" runat="server" ImageUrl="cal/calendar.gif"></asp:image></TD>

</TR>

<TR>

<TD align="right"><asp:label id="lbl_Date1" Font-Bold="true" runat="server">Date 1 :</asp:label></TD>

<TD align="center" style="width: 107px"><asp:textbox id="txt_Date1" runat="server" Columns="6" Width="99px" OnTextChanged="txt_Date1_TextChanged"></asp:textbox></TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</form>

In JSCalendar.aspx.cs

---------------------------------------

using System;

using System.Data;

using System.Configuration;

using System.Collections;

using System.Web;

using System.Web.Security;

using System.Web.UI;

using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

public partial class JSCalendar : System.Web.UI.Page

{

string scriptStr = null;

{

string scriptStr = "javascript:return popUpCalendar(this," + getClientID() + @", 'dd/mm/yyyy', '__doPostBack(\'" + getClientID() + @"\')')";

imgCalendar.Attributes.Add("onclick", scriptStr);

}

{

//

//

InitializeComponent();

base.OnInit(e);

}

/// </summary>

private void InitializeComponent()

{

}

#endregion

// Get the id of the control rendered on client side

// Very essential for Javascript Calendar scripts to locate the textbox

public string getClientID()

{

return txt_Date.ClientID;

}

// This propery sets/gets the calendar date

public string CalendarDate

{

get

{

return txt_Date.Text;

}

set

{

txt_Date.Text = value;

}

}

// This Property sets or gets the the label for

// Dateselector user control

public string Text

{

get

{

return lbl_Date.Text;

}

set

{

lbl_Date.Text = value;

}

}

protected void txt_Date_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

//Iam tring to print the value

Response.Write(txt_Date.Text);

}

}

What I am going to do is:

1. calling js for calendar popup and selecting the date.

2. With the date selected I am printing it in the testbox.

3. After getting the date I am calling a function test() in js which will execute in aspx file and will take the value of selected date and will add 3 days more to it and it will print it in another textbox (txt_Date1).

upto now it is ok... I am getting what I am expected.

Now, the problem started for me... when a value or some data is changed in txt_Date... I am calling a method in aspx.cs file called txt_Date_TextChanged. Here I want to access the values of txt_Date and txt_date1 and also I want to print the values of txt_Date and txt_date1.

 I am unable to go into txt_Date_TextChanged. I had kept a break point there. I am not going in to the method.

Please help me...

Thanks in advance.......

Anil.

0
AnilKumar_502
12/27/2008 6:09:02 PM

 HI,

The TextChanged event is raised when the content of the text box changes between posts to the server.

JScript does not support events. So if you are changing the value of your text in JS its not going to fire the event.

Sudhindra
Courage is the zone of exploration, accomplishment, fortitude, and determination.

Sudhindra
12/31/2008 7:35:52 AM

 try setting autopostback=true on txt_Date.

Zeeshan Umar

~ Please Mark as Answer if it solves your query ~
0
sirdneo

Getting Xml tag values into c#.net
hi in my application i have the xml file ( ImageType.xml ). it contains some string values. <ROOT> … <SupportedDataTypeList>             <ImageDataType value="XAImage" value_type="string"/>             <ImageDataType value="CTImage" value_type="string"/>             <ImageDataType value="USMultiFrameImage" value_type="string&q...

Get values set by javascript to .net enabled textbox
I have a bit of javasript that writes a value to a text box.  The text box is read only. Textbox code:<input type="text" id="txtColor1" runat="server" readonly="readonly" size="6" /> Snippet from javascript functioncolorBox = document.getElementById('<%= txtColor1.ClientID %>');colorBox.value = colorCode;  Code behind:string color1 = txtColor1.Value Whenever I attempt to get the value out of the text box after it has been changed by the javascript, it always reverts back to the old data and not the new. Anyo...

get html textbox value in C#.net(code behind)
  i am new to ASP.net. Can anybody say how to get Input textbox value in C#.net. b4 sending answer Thankx  string value = Resquest.Form["textboxname"].ToString(); Hi,There are two ways to access it. 1) Make it runat="server" and access it in code behind like textbox1.value2) Another way is by using     Request.Form["textbox1"].ToString(); I hope this will be helpful to you.Thanks, Alpesh DhaneshaPlease don't forget to "Mask as Answer" if it helped. just add runat =server to html  ...

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

getting started in VS2005 C# which book should I get
Hello, I am getting started with VS2005, I have use VS2003 but not very much -(I did 4 small applications in it),  I am wondering which book you would recommend to learn the new features of VS2005, while learning more of C# programing in general There some links to good books in this thread i posted : http://forums.asp.net/thread/1489422.aspx Also these two make good reference material  Professional Visual Studio 2005 (Programmer to Programmer)   Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Unleashed  So far I recommend Wrox's C# 2005  Read the beginning chap...

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Web resources about - how to get javascript value in C#.net pageload - asp.net.getting-started

JavaScript SDK - Facebook-Entwickler
Overview The JavaScript SDK provides a rich set of client-side functionality for accessing Facebook...