How to get html hidden variable value in code behind?

1.Put html hidden box in apsx page:

<input type="hidden" id="hiddenVar" name="hiddenVar" runat="Server"/>

2.Then add a js for for textbox keydown event in Page_Load event:

txtMyBox.Attributes.Add("onkeydown", "document.getElementById('hiddenVar').value = 1);")

3. Then I want to get the value for this hidden box in other event code-behind:

  Dim hiddenValue As String = Request("hiddenVar")

 but I get nothing,  how to get this hidden box value in code behind?

0
KentZhou

KentZhou:
Dim hiddenValue As String = Request("hiddenVar")

try this..

  Dim hiddenValue As String = hiddenVar.Value

My Blog

"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."
0
budugu
4/21/2009 2:07:10 PM

 Any hidden variable which is declared as runat="server" can be accessed by the id of the hiddenfield, in your case you can access it using.

Dim hidVar AS String =  hiddenVar.Value

Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue.

visit: http://technicalsol.blogspot.com
0
sumitd
4/21/2009 2:13:32 PM

You can also use Request.Form("hiddenVar");

Regards,Vinz

vinz
4/21/2009 2:15:21 PM

Hi Guys, thanks for help.

Following work:

Dim hidVar AS String =  hiddenVar.Value

Following not work:

Dim hidVar AS String = Request.Form("hiddenVar")

0
KentZhou

getting html hidden controls value in code behind
hii need to get a value of html hidden control which is not set to runat server and i also dont have its id only name is getting.<input type=hidden name=refid value="1">Request.form["refid"] is not working. socan u sugges some idearegardsmax In asp.net, there is a control called a HiddenField control.Have you thought of using that?Also - is this posting to another page? if so - which post method?Many times, I've seen people use Request.form when they needed Request.QuerystringDavid WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet10...

get html textbox value in C#.net(code behind)
  i am new to ASP.net. Can anybody say how to get Input textbox value in C#.net. b4 sending answer Thankx  string value = Resquest.Form["textboxname"].ToString(); Hi,There are two ways to access it. 1) Make it runat="server" and access it in code behind like textbox1.value2) Another way is by using     Request.Form["textbox1"].ToString(); I hope this will be helpful to you.Thanks, Alpesh DhaneshaPlease don't forget to "Mask as Answer" if it helped. just add runat =server to html  ...

How to get html input value in code behind?
 Hello all,I have dynamically created <input type="text" > in client side.the id for such generated input type text are say price1,price2,price3 and so on.What i need is to retrive the value of those input text boxes in code behind?Note that those controls are simple html <input type="text"> not server controls.thanks.Bibek  With Request.Form["price1"] you will get the name of the textfield with id price1.If you are using VB.NET then the syntax is: Request.Form("price1")If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. T...

getting code behind variables in .aspx html
Hi folks, I've done something similiar to this before when databinding, but now am looking to output a variables declared and initialised in the code behind aspx.cs file into my .aspx html soucre file. Basically I have an image which has an onMouseOver javascript call which swaps one image for another and which works fine, however onmouseout I need to revert the image to original image. The original image displayed is determined by reading a DB value and is not nesscerily the image outlined in the ImageUrl property. <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server&quo...

Get whole html page with values in Code behind.
Hello,  I want to get all HTML code with values entered by user in code behind as it is, Actully this need has arised when I want to send a mail to a given mail id, the whole HTML page as it is (same UI) with entered values.   For this I hv written following code, but it only gives the HTML and not the values user has entered. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ private...

How to get value from a disabled HTML text box from code behind?
I have a series of HTML textbox that are enabled / disabled by way of a check box calling a javascript funciton. Each textbox has the attribute runat="server" to allow codebehind to interact. Reading the values form the textboxes isn't a problem when they are enabled using: textboxName.value However, when the textboxes are disabled, I cannot read the values. Each value = nothing. Does anyone know a workaround for this?  Thanks, Stew Disabled controls don't get submitted back to the server so ASP.Net doesn't have values for them. One way around this is to put submitdisabledco...

how to get an html check box checked value in code behind.
iam having a grid where i palced a check box in the grid header .now how can i get the checked state of the control in a button clicked Hi, CheckBox chk =GridControl1.Control.FindControl("ChkId"); Where chkId is the id of the checkbox that you have in the grid control. Then check that if(chk.Checked) {"Do something here"}. Regards Ramesh   Dim chk As CheckBox = GridView1.HeaderRow.FindControl("CheckBox1") If chk.Checked Then ''.... End If Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks! try to do this.. take two check boxes and and check one of them... and do a post back.. and there  <input type="checkbox" name ="a" value="a" /> <input type="checkbox" name ="b" value="b" /> <asp:Button id="b" runat="server"></asp:Button>   on serverside.. in page load and check this..if(Request.Form["a"]!=null) { Response.Write( Request.Form["a"].ToString()); } if(Request.Form["b"]!=null) { Response.Write( Request.Form["b"].ToString()); }  you will find how to check it.. or you can set these cont...

i want to get value from code behind in html page using javascipt
  Hai .........   i want to get value from code behind in html page using javascipt i used one usercontrol,,,,,,,,,,, im my ascx page the i placed in one more usercontrols the user controls like as seat type... regarding my application .. the user select the one usercontrols...like select one seat.. to set the "dim   lintselectseatcnt as integer =1" this lintselectseatcnt value i want to access the html page... function fun() { var  seatcnt=<%=lintselectseatcnt %> alert(seatcnt); if(seatcnt==0) { alert("please select the seat ") ...

Get html code of aspx page from code behind
Hi all, Do you how we can do what I mention in the title?Example: aspx code <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Header.aspx.cs" Inherits="Header" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <!--js--> <script type='text/javascript'> alert('hello'); </script> <!--/js-->  Is there any way that in the code behind I can have the above string?. Actually I like to ge...

if I change a server or html control property in a javascript function, how can I get the new property value in available in my code behind
if I have server or html control declared in my aspx; then I use a javascript function to change one of its properties or attributes, how can I get the value of that new property or attribute available in my code behind.If u also can give me a small code example, that d be great. thanks(my need is to persist controls properties that I change in javascipt functions between postbacks)Thanks  a lotThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. > my need is to persist controls properties that I change in javascipt functions between postbacksIf you change any...

Get value in code behind
How to get value in code behind from source,I assign text value to Label in source file and want to get text of same lable in code behind  file, but i am not able get value in code behind.please give me reply if possible AzharPirana Dargah I assume you mean that in your .aspx or .ascx file you have something like this:<asp:label id='lblTest' runat='server' text='Hello' />And you want to get access to the value in your code file. Assuming this is true you can access the label's properties using its id. For example, above I specified that the lab...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Field1 value --> variable name ; Field2 value --> variable value (C# code behind)
 I would like to add quantities to variables based on two fields in a table.  The table includes two field names: ingredient, weight.  Assume a simple formulation: add 50 lbs water, add 20 lbs eggs, add 10 lbs water, add 5 lbs salt.The table would have: water, 50 eggs, 20 water, 10 salt, 5The variables water, eggs, water and salt have already been defined. I want something that will cycle through and add the quantities (lbs) to the variable. Ingredients can appear more than once in a formulation--notice that water appears twice and at the e...

How to get a value from code behind to source
I am trying to get a session value to the sqldatasource on the html page. I use the session value in the VB code behind but can't seem to get it to the source page. The underlined, bold text below is what I'm needing. Thanks for any help. <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource2" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:DevConnectionString4 %>" SelectCommand="SELECT convert(varchar,[PersonID ]) + ' - ' + LastName1 + ', ' + FirstName1 AS PersonIDandName, PersonID FROM vwChecklistPeople WHERE Number = SESSION VALUE...

not getting boundfield value in code behind
Hi, I am having one gridview like this, <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" ForeColor="Blue" Width="705px" style="left: 7px; position: absolute; top: 410px" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Font-Size="Smaller" Height="136px" OnRowDeleting="GridView1_RowDeleting"><RowStyle BackColor="BlanchedAlmond" BorderColor="SandyBrown" /><Columns><asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Action"><ItemTemplate><asp:HyperLink ID="actionlink" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ACTION_TAKEN") %>' runat="server" NavigateUrl=<%#"~/UI/addAction.aspx?actionid="+DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ACTION_ID")+ "&flag1=true" %>> </asp:HyperLink></ItemTemplate></asp:TemplateField><asp:BoundField DataField="REVIEW_CAUSE" HeaderText="Project Review Cause" /><asp:BoundField DataField="ALLOTTED_HOURS" HeaderText="Work(hrs)" /><asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Actionid" Visible="false"><ItemTemplate><%# Eval("ACTION_ID")%></ItemTemplate><EditItemTemplate><asp:TextBox ID="txtaid" runat="Server" Text='<%# Eval("ACTION_ID") %>'></asp:TextBox></EditItemTemplate></asp:Template...

Get string value from code behind
 I cant get string value from code behind. Please help me. this is my code. this is in aspx page<div class="username"> <%GetLanguage("BACK.INDEX.USERNAME");%> </div>  in this code. GetLanguage is a method which return a string value. GetLanguage is ok but return value can't show.Never give up, never quit Try this: <%= GetLanguage("BACK.INDEX.USERNAME") %>Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET Hello,try out what ecbruck said, also ensure the GetLanguage method is mark as public ~ Remember to mark as Answer, if i...

getting variable from the code behind in javascript
i have global variable inm my page: Private Property CurrFolder() As String Get Dim res As Object = Me.ViewState("CurrFolder") If Not (res Is Nothing) Then Return CStr(res) End If Return "Inbox" End Get Set(ByVal Value As String) Me.ViewState("CurrFolder") = Value End Set End Property   can i get it's value in the javascript side?   thanks! Assign the value also to a hidden input or another control you hide on your WebForm. Then in the javascript you can do something like this: var serverValue = document.getElementByID("MyHiddenInput").value Hope this helps!WimP...

Get value of hidden gridview into session variable
 Hello and thanks for any ideas on this in advance.I have a hidden casegridview from a sqldatasource with 2 values (case_id, client_id) The case gridview datasource takes a client id parameter from a second gridview, clientI'm trying to get the case_id into a session variable and can't figure out how to do it.I tried using onselectindexchange for gridview2 but that didn't return anything because gridview2 doesn't have select enabled.I have this code for my client gridview that gets a client id into a session variable: protected Sub GridView1_SelectedIndexChange...

Getting Textbox Value in Page Code Behind -
The client side webpage has textboxes displaying current information of a specific record (first name, last name, company, title,etc). This information is displayed, the issue becomes when that information is changed and the update button is clicked, how to get the value that was changed (if the text box already had a value), how to get the value if the textbox was empty. How to get the newly changed value  on the codebehind so that it can be processed through an update function. The update function is already written , the only thing that is needed is the new value in the textbox. ...

getting client side value in code behind
Dear all, i have declared a variable in client side to hold a particular value..i have to access this variable within pageload evrnt.how can i do it???please suggest   mama Hello, You can make use of Hidden variable, which can be accessed in client side as well as in code behind. I hope this will be helpful..S.SRIRAM hello take a hidden field in your page fill it with ur javascript variable then access the value of hidden field in page loadHAPPY CODINGhttp://shobhitrai.blogspot.com/ Hi It is an easy codding man.. just add runat="server" attribu...

How to get values for hidden HTML input field ?
I tried to put the following code into my aspx page. But, it block the design view of the page in VS.NET. <INPUT type="hidden" value="<%=Request.form("firstname")%>" name="first name"> It is a HTML control and I am trying to use it to store the value of a text field in previous page. I have two recommendations: 1. Use this technique for hidden fields. The Page class offers the RegisterHiddenField method. It installs the hidden field for you. You supply an ID and its value. Page.RegisterHiddenField("[some_id]", Reques...

How to get value into javascript from code behind page.....
Hello friends...               I want data from .cs file into javascript.How to do that.   Please help me...   HI Here i am sending a radibuttonlist selected text to the javascript function. foreach (ListItem li in optSearch.Items) { li.Attributes.Add("OnClick", "javascript:return GetSearchOptValue('" + li.Text.ToString() + "');"); } This way u can pass the value to javascript function. Thank Venky Hi,server code can be there inline also, for e.g.var controlvalue=document.getElementById('''<% any_server_textbox_or_label_control.ClientID %>') .value; but remember this will work only if the page is being rendered , you can't expect it work once the page is rendered fully on the browser, or for e.g. include server side code in .js files. SHASHANK BHIDECAPGEMINI INDIA"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)"  hi,Assign data to hidden controls from server side code and access those controls from javascript.  Mark as ANSWER if you got the solution from this post. Regards,Ravi Kishore.ChMark as "ANSWER" if you got the solution from this post. You can send data from code behind to java script like this.. Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.Ge...

Getting Textbox Value in Page Code Behind
The client side webpage has textboxes displaying current information of a specific record (first name, last name, company, title,etc). This information is displayed, the issue becomes when that information is changed and the update button is clicked, how to get the value that was changed (if the text box already had a value), how to get the value if the textbox was empty. How to get the newly changed value  on the codebehind so that it can be processed through an update function. The update function is already written , the only thing that is needed is the new value in the textb...

Getting a value from code-behind into ASPX file
I am calling variables from a database and assigning them to places on the main page, I have a script which allows image zoom and one of the requirements for this is work is a 'title' element inside a link. I am using asp:hyperlink to dyamically set the URL of this link but I cannot assign 'title' dyamically, when i try to set it via: hyperlinkname.title = whatever, it says that it's not allowed. Can you think of another way for me to set this value? Is there a way i can assign a variable by using the <% bind(whateveer) %> syntax?  In the code-behind, have Hy...

Web resources about - How to get html hidden variable value in code behind? - asp.net.getting-started

Mozilla moves Firefox to variable release schedule
... schedule process "carefully" and learning "a lot" from it in the past years, Mozilla has announced that Firefox is now moving to a variable ...

Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been a hard year'
... 41° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been ...