how to format number to 4 decimal places

I have a decimal type number in my datagrid that I want to format to 4 decimal places.

I tried
<asp:BoundColumn ... FormatString="{0:n}" ..../>
It give me only two decimal places: 0.28
How can I format my number to display as: 0.2833 (4 decimal places)?
0
aspnet127

Check out this link:

http://programmers-corner.com/viewSource.php/123
Met bet is:
   Console.WriteLine("Number formatting to 4 decimal places: " + theDecNumber.ToString("N4"));

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp
8/12/2004 9:20:45 PM

 Try theDecNumber.ToString("###0.0000");

0
mraath
10/15/2007 9:28:04 AM

http://www.csharp-examples.net/string-format-double/

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.
Blog | Download Songs
0
krish_09

Formatting numbers -- maximum decimal places?
Stupid number-format question here: I want to format some prices with either zero or two decimal places. 19.9000 -> $19.90 19.9900 -> $19.99 20.0000 -> $20 The only way I can think of doing this is: dim dTemp as decimal dTemp = Decimal.Round(dInput, 2) if Decimal.Truncate(dInput) = dTemp Then return "$" & Decimal.Truncate(dInput).ToString else return "$" & dTemp.ToString end if Is there a better way? have u tried somethign like: String.Format("{0:c}", dInput);Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, M...

plz Help: Converting 4 decimal places to 1 decimal place
Hi,I would like to convert 4decimal places to single(1) decimal place.For that i wrote below code. Its working sometimes. ex1:Input: StrAnlPct = "3.0000,2.9833,3.6546,4.65+6,5.54986,81.dsfds"Output: "3.0,2.9,3.6,4.6,5.5,81.d"For first example its working,Ex2:Input: StrAnlPct = "476290.4762,120.0000"For this i m getting error. Error is:    "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: startIndex "And    Source Error: At Line 590Line 588:            &...

How to format a number to remove unnecessary decimal places?
My db query is returning numbers with decimal places. i.e. 12.00, or 14.50 What function can I use so they are displayed as 12 and 14.5? (vb.net please)ThanksMarkUsing www.HostingUK.net in the UK, and www.QuadraHosting.com.au in Australia for my ASP.NET hosting. Check out Standard Numeric format stringsSushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb Here's what I've decided to use. It seems to take care of all my issues.Label1.Text=CType(reader("AnyColumnFromDB"), Single).ToString("G")(I'm using a datareader here, but other db/dataset syntax should work th...

Repeater: formatting to force 4 decimal places
I have a repeater that I use to show invoice items, the layout is like this: Item Code || Description || Unit Price || Quantity Ordered || Total the Unit price can be up to 4 decimal places ie: .0058 etc. but it is not always four decimal places. That means my numbers don't line up. I use the Format(value, {format type}) command successfully for many things, I don't want to format this as currency (even though it is) I want it to be Integer value . (dot) 4 decimal places. How can I force 4 decimal places at all times (zeros added when necessary) easily. There has to be a ...

Format Number to two decimal places problem
Although it should be pretty straight forward, I am having a problem dividing two numbers in two textboxes and displaying the result, formatted to two decimal places, in a third textbox - Box3 This is what I used but the end result still has many decimal places. Box3.Text = String.Format("{0:c}", (Convert.ToDecimal(Box1.Text) / Convert.ToDecimal(Box2.Text))) Hi there, you can do this: Box3.Text = String.Format("{0:c2}", (Convert.ToDecimal(Box1.Text) / Convert.ToDecimal(Box2.Text))) At least in C#, but the number after the C means the number of decimal...

How to round off the decimal value to 4 places in VB.NET
Iam getting the result ddlintresult as some 12.344444444444444444444  Dim ddlintresult As Decimal = Convert.ToDecimal(ddlint / lval)  How can i round off the values as 12.3445 Any suggestions or solutions are appreciated    Fred--Thats what my buddies call me Mark this as Answer, if this reply answers your post http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zy06z30k.aspx Math.Round has overloads to do exactly this.   Thanks ShadosFred--Thats what my buddies call me Mark this as Answer, if this reply answers your post...

European (German) number formatting
Hello, we are developing a PB65 application using PFC and Cornerstone running on NT. I datawindow columns representing decimal numbers we would like to use the German formatting, that is a comma as a decimal delimiter and a period is representing thousand. As mentioned in the online books I used the the U.S. notation for numbers in the dadatwindows display format and edit styles and changed the Systems national settings to German. If I'm trying to save a datawindow containing a number with decimal places, e.g. 123,51, only 123,00 is stored in the database. This case is true...

Format a number to contain commas and to remove decimal places if = .00.
HI there, I am binding data to a gridview & I would like to format a number so that it contains commas and also maintains the numbers after the decimal point BUT if there is 00 after the decimal point it would be removed. Note I dont want to round the number to the nearest integer or to fix to a specifc number of decimal places i.e  1000.00 as 1,000   1000.5  as 1,000.5 1000.66 as 1,000.66  1000.666 as 1,000.666    The best I can come up with is   DataFormatString="{0:n}" but then I would be left with 1000.00 and fi...

Bug : Loosing decimal places on European number format in PB7
Hello, We use PB7 and ms sql server 6.0. In our Windows 95 configuration, the decimal point is a comma. For datawindow columns representing decimal numbers we would like to use the Euopean formatting, that is a comma as a decimal delimiter and a period is representing thousand. When you type in 123,45 only 123,00 is represented in de datafield when you leave the field. The problem only occurs when you have fields of data type 'float' ( double ). For fields of type 'real ' the reaction is correct. Early versions of pb65 had the same problem for fields of type 'r...

Formatting a decimal to 2 decimal places
Hi - just testing some code, and the code below returns a number with 3 decimal places (eg. 450.000). Will returning a decimal always give 3 decimal places, and if so, how can I remove the last one? I don't want to use: Return String.Format("{0:C}", decRunningTotal) - as that will automatically add a $ or £ or whatever to the start, and I'd like to control that. I'd really appreciate any help, thanks, Mark Function GetItemTotal() As String objDT = Session("Cart") Dim intCounter As Integer Dim decRunningTotal As Deci...

Trying to get and display a number as it is in the DB (with two decimal places), not rounded
Hi,I am running a command in my aspx page that calls a SP that retrieves data from the DB. But the numbers stored in the DB with several digital places are displayed in the web page rounded and without decimal places.Sub show_Q(of_num)   Dim CmdShow As New SqlCommand("detail_Q", strConnection)  CmdShow.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure   CmdShow.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Offer_id", SqlDbType.bigint))  CmdShow.Parameters("@Offer_id").Value = of_num   CmdShow.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Caliber_Q", SqlDbType.Decimal, 5))  CmdShow.Parameter...

Change the number of decimal places in a label number?
I have a small web form that calculates a rate. How do i change so the output label being used doesnt show more than two decimal places? Try this   Dim x As Decimal = 12.35468 Dim y As Decimal = 13.2654 Label1.Text = (x * y).ToString("#,###.##")   HTHPlease remember to "Mark As Answer" if this post answered your question!Bilal Shouman - MCAD.NET|My Blog|--------------------------------- Dim STR As String Dim VALUE As Decimal = 12.5555555555STR = String.Format("{0:#.###,###}", VALUE) Label1.Text = STR   THE OUTPUT OF THIS ST...

How to format a percent number as decimal using string.format in VB?
Hi, I have a GridView-Control with labels which contain numbers in percentformat, which are formatted in the RowDataBound-Event, but when I try to update the GridView i get the Invalid String format Exception because the labels are in the percentage Format like -27,5% but i need this number as double-value like 0.275. How can I convert the number from percentage to number? Any idea?  Thanks in forward,  Vlad  Dim str as string = percentlabel.Text ' Get rid of percentage sign str = str.Replace("%", "") ' Check if you can convert dim dbl as ...

VB.NET: How to convert hexadecimal number to normal (decimal) number?
Hi to all VB.NET function Hex() converts numbers to hexadecimal strings, is there any reverse function that converts hexadecimals back to numbers?? Thanks, Hooker Hi, how are you? In C#, we have something like: Convert.ToInt32(string strValue, int Base)... So I basically can do: Int iDecimal = Convert.ToInt32("AF8", 16); I'm pretty sure there must be something like it on VB.Net. Hope this Helps, Covohttp://covodev.blogspot.com/"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", A. Einstein That should work, thanks. I'm fine, BTW...

Web resources about - how to format number to 4 decimal places - asp.net.getting-started

Penny (Irish pre-decimal coin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The penny (1d) ( Irish : pingin ) coin was the third smallest denomination of the pre-decimal Irish pound , worth 1/240 of a pound or 1/12 of ...

Dewey Decimal Classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This highly organized system categorizes books on library shelves in an efficient, specific and repeatable order that makes it easy to find any ...

4th Grade Splash Math Worksheets to learn decimal numbers, multiplication, division & fractions for kids ...
Get 4th Grade Splash Math Worksheets to learn decimal numbers, multiplication, division & fractions for kids on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Dewey Decimal Tattoo - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Children's librarians represent.

Math of the Day: Sesame Street’s The Count Reads Pi to 10,000 Decimal Places
... has created a true monster out of your favorite Sesame Street vampire, with audio of The Count reading every digit of Pi out 10,000 decimal ...

Paul Harapin heads Decimal Software after VCE ousting
Former VCE Asia-Pacific boss, Paul Harapin, has taken over as CEO of Decimal Software.

Feeling green: the dangers of decimal currency
The curious case of possibly toxic coins, via Austria and a devastatingly original idea for Canberra.

Jobless Rates With Another Decimal
The BLS reported a jobless rate of 8.3% for both January and February. Adding an extra decimal, the unemployment rates would actually be 8.26% ...

JPMorgan Sued by Trader Over $3 Million Decimal Point
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is being sued by a trader who says he accepted a contract from the investment bank because a typographical error made him ...

.Decimal Archive - Houston Gamer
It was only back in August when newly-formed Houston game studio Orb Interactive launched a Kickstarter campaign for “.Decimal”, a sci-fi take ...