How to copy one existing excel file contents to a new excel file?

Hi All,

   I need VB code to copy sheet contents of one exisiting excel file to another new excel file.

  For example: I have abc.xls file with sheet name abcd.

  I want to copy the contents to xyz sheet of new excel file xyz.xls.

Pls help me regarding this.

Regards

Abdul

Pls help me.

0
abdulmg

Which version of Excel are you using? The latest uses an XML format which can be manipulated programatically.

TATWORTH

How to copy data from one excel file to other excel file
Hi I have two excel file (Ex1 and Ex2), both have same template (headers) and data will be populated from the dataset. Upto this step its works fine. My question : How to copy the data  form 6th row to last row of "Ex2" and paste it into the "Ex1" after the last row in Ex1.   Advance thanks Have a look here: For VB - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306022 For C# - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306023/ -Damien  Visoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Blog Post: ASP.NET 4.0 AJAX Preview 4 - Client Templates...

How to convert the html content in Excel file to csv fomat in Excel file
How to convert the html content in Excel file to csv fomat in Excel file  Hello Tapan,Can you explain what are you trying to do? Do you want to export the html content in Excel or CSV File ?Thanks,Deepesh Verma Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers....

Excel experts : Filling an complex Excel file and parsing a complex Excel file
I am stuck with below mentioned problem The requirement is that, we have Excel file template(.xls) which has Macros and most of the Worksheets are either hidden OR locked. When the end user clicks on a button to download it, follows modifications has to be done to the Excel sheet. Unlock the Excel worksheet, fill some data at certain cells and then lock it back Write some data into a hidden worksheet There are two options as far as I know Excel Interop/MICROSOFT Excel 11.0 Object Library  OLEDB Driver I cannot go with option 1 becaus...

File.Copy and File.CopyTo DO NOT COPY CONTENTS OF FILE!@
I posted on here before but no one has been of any help. I am trying to copy files of type .zip .jpg and .pdf from ones folder to another (I dont want to move it, just make a copy). How can I do this? When I use File.Copy and File.CopyTo it makes a new file in the right folder but has no content and it also erases the content on the orignal file. WTF? This is really making me mad. Visit VistaForums.com #1 Windows Vista Forum Here you go --->  http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=207Regards, Narayana Rao Surapaneni Architect | Author | MCSD for .NET | MCSD | SCJP ww...

Convert dataset to excel in xslt and open in new browser or new excel file
I have a problem that look very eazy , i am using xslt to convert datset to excel - working greta here is the cod( server side ) DataSet dsExcel = new DataSet(); dsExcel = (DataSet)Session["DatasetDataToExcel"]; //Remove the tabel pk in the db from excel //dsExcel.Tables[0].Columns.Remove("CustTabelId");dsExcel.WriteXml(Server.MapPath("datasetDataXml.xml")); Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";Response.Charset = ""; DataSet ds = new DataSet();ds.ReadXml(Server.MapPath("datasetDataXml.xml")); XmlDataDocument x...

Got error after open excel file from server..During Export Excel File
this error appears if you have tried to save a workbook on a drive and you do not have Modify and Delete permissions to the location where the file is being saved. It is also possible that another user has a read lock on the file.Excel saves a file using three steps (if the file already exists in the target location):Creates a temporary file with a randomly generated name, such as 4CCA4100.Deletes the original file.Renames the temporary file to the original file name.If Excel cannot delete the original file or cannot rename the temporary file, this error message appears.To temporarily work a...

copy specified content from one file to another file

Is there a routine to copy an excel file into a txt tabulate file ?
Hi everybody, In a powerbuider software, instead of loading data from a txt tabulated file, I would like to execute a free routine (with parameters coming from PB variables) which could copy xls or xlsx data into a txt tabulated file. This would avoid to ask users to save their data into a specific txt format which is quite unknown to them. Sorry for my bad english ! I hope there is an easy solution ! Many thanks for your help. Didier Riche ( www.expertizers.com from Paris, France ! Hi Didier ; How about importing the Excel file into a DW object within a hidden DataStore? Th...

Existing excel file... how to copy data
Hi! I've an excel file that create a charts from the data that I have in 2 columns.How Can I copy some data from an ASP.NET page in the existing excel file... and open it for allow the user to see the charts??Thanks Somebody can help me??I still have this problem :( I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish. Couldn't you just let users download the excel file?Visit my blog Yes, but before open the files, I must copy my dateset datas in a specifi column of my excel file!Thanks for reply! I think the way I would approach this is to use something like...

New Excel sheet in existing File
Can anybody help with the code for, inserting a new excel sheet in an existing excel book file. Also I want the command for renaming the excel sheet name in an excel book file. Thanks, Jemson Someone posted a solution for the new sheet recently: http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general/msg/73e7fa1dffb1c967?dmode=source I don't know about renaming, but I've always found the Object Browser in the Visual Basic editor in Office tools to be very helpful tracking down available OLE commands. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the te...

upload data from an excel file directly into db without saving the excel file
Hi, I want to give users the ability to upload an excel file and then take the data out of the first column in that excel file and insert that into my db.  NB The users will be told to only put data into the first column. I know how to put the input file on my webform and have them upload the file to the server - but i think there must be a better way as i dont want to keep the excel file - just take the info out of the column and discard the excel file. Does anyone have any ideas/tutorials on best way to do this. Thanks...   I have done similar thing, but you can not j...

Copying more than one file using File::Copy
Good day=3B I apologize in advance if this is a very stupid question=85 I=27m trying to concatenate two files and have the results written to a = third file=2E = Maybe I=27m missing something obvious=2E=2E=2E but in Perldoc for File=3A= =3ACopy I = read=3A =22The copy function takes two parameters=3A a file to copy from = and = a file to copy to=2E=22 What can I do if I have a second file I want to copy from=3F (i=2Ee=2E Li= ke = DOS copy command=3A c=3A=5C file1=2Etxt + file2=2Etxt file3=2Etxt will co= py the = contents of file1=2Etxt =26 file2=2Etxt and put the...

Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file.There are several possible reasons: • The file name or path does not exist. • The file is being used by another program. • The workbook you are trying to
Hi all,I am workin on Arc IMS web application project where I will be uploading an excel file containing data say city,addresszip(column headers in excel file)..etc..and load necessary column data in listboxes..and finally save the data to an excel file..when I run though Studio I dont get error..when I run through browser..I got errors ..I even modified DCOMCNFG...But..I get the below error..Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file 'E:\vijay\ArcIms\Excelsheets'. There are several possible reasons: • The file name or path does not exist. • The file is being used by ano...

get file path for excel file in class library project
Hello Guys I have a class library in which I have included an Excel file. To read the work book, I need the file path. How can I get the file path of a excel file that is inside this class library? I am guessing there is a way I can set the property of the file as "Resource" and not a part of the dll. What is it? I am looking at "Build action" and "Copy to output directory", but no combinations in either of them works. Please help. I must add: this is inside a "test" project. We follow TDD. So when I set the build action to Content and Copy ...

How to merge sheets from multiple excel files into one .xls file?
 I have several excel spreadsheet fils, each of them contains multiple work sheets that may storing images or data. How could I merge all of these work sheets to just one .xls file and keep their original layout and style using asp.net?  Thanks in advance. you can readand write data using ADO.Net refer my articles http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/2009/02/04/Read-Excel-using-ADONet.aspx http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/2009/01/31/Export-Data-To-Excel-using-ADONet.aspxMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets T...

How to Create .mdb file from Excel file using C#.net
Hi all I want to create .mdb file that i have created excel feel from MS jet Database... through code behind Help me in this..  Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. How to create an mdb file programmtically:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317881How to import Excel data into it: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=79 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

ADO.Net for Excel files
I wrote a windows form application in C# that uses ADO.Net to read from an Excel file. I receive xls files but have to manually save them as xlsx files because I can't get the program to read xls files (I get "External table is not in the expected format"). As an aside, for broadest .net compatibility, I set each of the Projects (which create assemblies/dlls) for the application to .net framework 2.0. I have 2 questions: 1. How can I get my program to read xls files when Excel 2007 is installed? 2. How can I support environments where Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 are installe...

Saving the dataset contents to an existing excel file
hi how can i save the contents of my dataset into an existing xls file? i have seen some posts which use the open/save dialog box. i want to do this without the dialog box. i have already seen posts but wasnot successful . any code snipplet would be of great use. Thanks in advance    ...

Import Files to Excel File
Greetings, I have a directory full of invidual GEN000*.Result files. Each one of these files has some output which looks like this: PDI Number: GEN000240 Finding Category: CAT I Reference: UNIX STIG: 2.5.3.1 Description: A non-local/non-authoritative (Government) time-server is used. Status: Not Reviewed For example: GEN000240: Please perform a manual review of the domain.net network time server/client using Checklist Section 3, GEN000240, to check the configuration. SRR Script Version: UNIX_51-28Jan2011 UNIX SRR Checklist Page: 28 I want to parse over 300 of these...

Pls post code to start/open an Excel file and then close the file
Pls post :- (1) Codes to start/open a particular Excel file (eg xyz.XLS in path c:\abc) and(2) Codes to save this XLS and(3) codes to close this XLS file preferably in VB. I want to just keep the Excel file opened and saved at the background (ie without notice to users. Thanks a lot.Thanks in advance for the help. I will try to credit the ones who helped but most important is we really do sincerely thanks to all who have helped. Please help !!!Thanks in advance for the help. I will try to credit the ones who helped but most important is we really do sincerely thanks ...

Error when copying using File.Copy and files exist
I'm trying to copy and overwrite files to an existing directory using :file.copy(source,destination,true)The command works perfectly when the files do not exist, but when trying to overwrite the files, I get an access denied error to the destination directory and files.It's not a permission issue because the folders have 'ASPNET' and 'Everyone' Access set up with full rights.Anyone have any ideas?Thanks in advance.JeffJeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCPC# WEB DEVELOPMENT-SQL SERVER DBA"If I have answered your question please mark as answer" Check if the File exists before copying and...

exporting to excel
Hi all, I read some the threads on here regarding exporting a gridview to excel. particularly: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1488594.aspx I thought i had it working but i discovered a bug. If the datagrid is displayed with paging and sorting, and then i click the export button, it exports with all the paging and sorting stuff. Which means it displays the 'edit' link, and its only displaying 1-100 records (or whatever page # i was on). If i click the export button before the grid is displayed (i dont display the grid until they click a search button) then it exports correctly showing all r...

Start Excel & Populate with Existing xls file
Hi All: I am trying to select an existing client in a Delphi v6 project, start an Excel 2000, load an existing worksheet and select a cell in that worksheet based on the initial selection in the project. I can start Excel fine, but no worksheets are shown. What am I doing wrong? Later.. Jerry Hello, Did you something like this: {code} var oXL, oWB, oSheet: OLEVariant; begin oXL := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application'); oXL.Visible := True; // Get a new workbook oWB := oXL.Workbooks.Add; oSheet := oWB.ActiveSheet; oXL.W...

read and export a csv file and tab delimited text file to new excel sheet
Hi guys,Can anyone suggest how to read and export a csv file and tab delimited text file to new excel sheet.I tried this way..but the prob is I need to know..with what kind of delimiter the file has been formatted and from the list of 20 col headers(usually first line has col headers) generally...i have to  read and get the selected col names edit and finallly rename only selected ones..and atlast...save the whole standardised file into excel file.for ex .we hav a list of 10 col headers as we see filenumber,type..etc..below.i will load all col headers in a dropdownlist first..and&n...

Web resources about - How to copy one existing excel file contents to a new excel file? - asp.net.getting-started

Pre-existing condition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
J. James Rohack, president of the American Medical Association , has stated on a Fox News Sunday interview that exclusions, based upon these ...

STUDY: Facebook More Effective In Driving Viewers To New Shows Than Existing Ones
... television and Facebook and other social networks, finding that social media are more effective at driving viewership of new shows than existing ...

A New Way To Re-Engage Your Existing Mobile App Users
Today we are introducing a new way to re-engage your mobile app users with Facebook ads. You can now advertise to people who have taken specific ...

Facebook expands IPO with additional 83.8M shares from existing stockholders
... according to an eighth amendment to its S-1 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Most of these shares are being sold by existing ...

How do you grow your brand through existing clients?
Anna Farmery and I are doing a podcast this week on how to leverage happy clients to grow your brand. We&#39;d love to include your advice in ...

Video Zoom - Apply Zoom To Existing Videos, Crop on the App Store on iTunes
Get Video Zoom - Apply Zoom To Existing Videos, Crop on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” Albert Einstein ...
Pretty dreary here today, but this stop sign caught my attention. Bright, vivid colors can draw attention and add "pop" to a photo. Make a photo ...

Shorten unveils Labor election policy: No more negative gearing existing homes
... policy that Opposition Leader Bill Shorten says will save the federal budget $32 billion over a decade. But, from July 2017, buyers of existing ...

US existing home sales fall in August
... as investors retreated from real estate and first-time buyers remained scarce. The National Association of Realtors says sales of existing ...

Leaked cabinet advice shows existing road funding to be relaunched as new
... under question, after a leaked cabinet submission showed Roads Minister Luke Donnellan&#10003;&#8203; is preparing to simply repackage an existing ...