How to call a web app from a windows deskstop app?

 Hello,

I need to call a web page from a windows application and I'm not sure how to approach this. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks!

0
bdover

What do you mean by calling a webapp. Do you just want to load a website or web page in your windows application? If yes, then look into WebBrowser control.

FYI, this is an ASP.NET forum.

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
7/3/2008 3:30:54 PM

Hi i know is not the same but there is a thread that get close to what you need :  http://forums.asp.net/p/1271833/2406416.aspx

harrifer

Web app called by windows app...
Hey everyone,Well I have not worked with .Net at all regarding windows apps etc. What I have is a website with a secure login. My customer wants all his employees to access the secure site without knowing the user name and password, as there is a high turn over rate. Is there a good way to accomplish this?My thoughts were possibly to create a windows app they could download and execute which would basically pass encrypted parameters to our secure login page, therefore logging them in and no one being the wiser.Is this poosible?Is there a better way?Hope I explained it well!Thank youJorellz...

Web app calling a windows app
How do I get my web app to open a windows program on the server side using a button click evenT? First off you'd have to give the ASPNET user execute priviledges on the server which I don't think that you want to do.NC... Hi,If the windows Program is of exe format then try with the following codeTry to include the exe in to your web folder or the ASP.NET process needs to have permissions to access the external applicationstring filePath = Server.MapPath(@"ApplicationName.exe"); System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo info = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo(filePath , "Arguments of th...

Determining if an app is a web app or a windows app
Hi all,  I'm writing a generic utilites class and one of the methods needs to get the physical path of the application. I know Server.MapPath("~") gets the server path of the app for windows and also that Application.ExecutablePath gets the path for windows app. Now how would i determine which app is a windows app or a web app?   Thanks in advance. add a reference to system.web and then do the following  if (System.Web.HttpContext.Current == null)            {       &...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

calling a windows app in my clients pc, thru my web app
Please i have searched and searched, and i have not seen a suitable answer, i need to know how i can call a windows application from my client computer, i know about the process control, but that calls the app. only on the server, i need to be able to call the app, from the client pc, i'll app. so help. thanks you mean to say, call an exe from a webpage? that is quite impossible and even if its done, it will cause severe security vulnerability issuesCheersBinowww.codepal.co.inPlease Mark as Answer if you find the post useful. disearches: Please i have searched and searched, and i...

Web app to Windows app.
I’m new at this so please bear with me. In theory, is it possible to create a .net web application that can talk to a .net windows application? What I would like to accomplish is to use a .net web app to talk to Microsoft’s Windows Media Batch Encoder. Any comments are appreciated. Tome...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

Calling local client apps via web form/web app.
Hello all,I am not sure if this is the correct area to ask this, so excuse me ifI posted in wrong area. I'm a bit of a newbie to this but I was wondering if I can call a local app. via a web application.  A friend suggested looking into ActiveX controls, but I am not familiar with them.  Also what other alternatives are there beside using ActiveX? I read about using Flex and Applets but again I don't know which would be my best option and what kind of security issues I may be dealing with?  If anyone can inform me or suggest a reference or book I would appr...

Web App unable to get same data that a sibling WinForm App gets
 Working in VS08/3.5 on project based very closely off EntLib's DataAccess QuickStart.The sln has 3 projects -   1. VB Class Library (CMS) to provide db access to the other UI projects   2. Winform (WinFormUI) - references CMS to show output to conventional WinForm (bascially I just broke the QuickStart's Winform to a seperate project and then referenced CMS)   3. WebServices app to provide SOAP output of the same db WinForm works correctly so at least I've gotten that far.The WebService app is calling the correct function in CommonData breakpoi...

running windows apps in web apps
Hi all, just to check it out if there is a way to run a windows app when a button in a web app is clicked.? Hi, you're referring to what's known as smart clients. You can place a windows forms executable in the virtual folder of your webserver (IIS of course ), then create a hyperlink in your webform to the executable. If the enduser has the correct .NET framerwok installed he/she can execute the application on his/her pc. Another trick, one I recently used BTW, is to embed a winforms user control, build as .dll file, in a webform. An example can be found here: Hosting a Windows Contr...

Web app and Windows Forms app
I've done a lot of .NET web development, but I'm trying to write a Forms App.  I'm trying to populate a GridView Control with a simple "SELECT *" query, but I'm not having any luck.  I keep getting this error:"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections." I enabled remote connections on my SQL Server, then as a test I built a local web app that conne...

connect web app to windows app
Hello folks.i want to connect web application(asp.net) to desktop application and transfer data but when some events triggered from user web browser. (for example live support packages)i know it can be done in win applications with sockets but I'm not sure for asp.net applications.Any advice/help greatly appreciated.   oh, no body knows? It is possible to wire into events on the client, but this is outside the scope of ASP.Net.  Presuming your Desktop APP is a dotnet app this is a Windows Forms question, consider posting here http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.asp...

conversion of windows app to web-enable apps
guys i know this may sound strange but a friend of mine told me that he saw a software/application that can somehow convert windows application into a web-enabled application or at least make these windows applications accessible to the internet without rewriting the whole system... is there such a thing? Maybe he was talking about Smart Client applications?  These are still windows applications, but connect to the internet via such mechanisms as web services for data exchange.Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question mr. tmorton i found something i dont ...

Send by Windows App - Receive by Web App
Ok. I've read something about Web Services (ex. http://abstractvb.com/code.asp?A=1004).I want to make:- Windows Application which after click the button would send string to the web page - example: "Server is online" or simply Boolean "True".- Web Application will receive this string and if is "True" than on the page is displaying information that this is true till the windows application will close down.How can I get simply that what I want ?I have a problem, cause I don't know how to receive information form Win App and make to display results on other sites.  OK, let me make sure I...

Web resources about - How to call a web app from a windows deskstop app? - asp.net.getting-started

Phone Dock Promotion-Online Shopping for Promotional Phone Dock on Aliexpress.com - Alibaba Group
Phone Dock Promotion, Enjoy Oline Shopping, Buy Promotional Phone Dock at ,Speakers Promotion,Mobile Phone Holders Promotion Promotion, at Speakers ...

Eight boring HP computers leak out before CES
Whoops, it looks like most, if not all, of HP's CES computer lineup has leaked a few days early. So far detailed spec sheets are missing for ...

First Benchmarks And A Primer For Intel's Core i7-5960x CPU, X99 Chipset, And DDR4 Memory
... tech press is finally at liberty to rave about the release of DDR4 memory, the new X99 chipset, and Intel's first 8-core CPU for the Deskstop. ...

TRANSCRIPT: Q&A with Al Gore
TRANSCRIPT: Q&A with Al Gore

The Julia Dean Photo Workshops - Registration & Info
Overview How to Enroll Refund Policies Directions & Parking Lodging & Restaurants Hollywood Information Join Our Newletter Request/Download Catalog Be ...

LiveRail - The real-time ad platform at the heart of online video - LiveRail
Online video advertising runs on LiveRail. With over 3bn monthly impressions (25% of all online video ads) delivered via our platform each month, ...

Microsoft revives familiar in Windows 8 update - Seattle Times Newspaper
Microsoft is drinking too much of it's own kool-aid. I've worked there and they have a mantra that it's all about change and always moving to ...

OCZ SSD Accessories
PRODUCTS SATA 3 SSD Vector 150 Vector Vertex 450 Vertex 4 Vertex 3.20 PCI Express SSD RevoDrive 3 RevoDrive 3 X2 SSD Accessories Power Supplies ...

Wishlist - PTTV
follow us on twitter donate thru PTTV's Email List Email * First Name * Last name * Wishlist One way to support our work is through tax deductible ...

YIWUCHINA.ORG - Yiwu City - Yiwu Market
Yiwu Supplier Directory, Business( Yiwu markets, Yiwu Trade Agents, Manufacturers ) & Tourism Information. Yiwu China is the world's largest ...