how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command

anyone can give me a simple explaination and code..
Thanx in advance

0
tryokane

Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...
Sushila Bowalekar Patel
Visual ASP/ASP.NET MVP
http://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb
0
SushilaSB
8/6/2005 2:28:47 AM
There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:

' *** First set up your connection
Dim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")

' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one fell swoop. You can seperate this row into parts if you like
Dim cmdInsert As New SqlCommand("INSERT INTO tblTableName (rowname1, rowname2) VALUES (@rowname1, @rowname2)", conConnection)

' *** Now define the values of the Parameters referred to in the INSERT statement. Parameters are important to help
' *** keep things tidy as well as prevent SQL Injection attacks and help with errors caused by quotes within your strings

cmdInsert.Parameters.Add("@rowname1", Textbox1.Text)
cmdInsert.Parameters.Add("@rowname2", Textbox2.Text)

' *** Now fire away
conConnection.Open()
cmdInsert.ExecuteNonQuery()
conConnection.Close()

I think it is considered a better practice to define an Integer that will have the number of rows affected assigned to it, so that you can check if the query successfully completed or not, but I don't know if it is really necessary in very simple cases.
0
Jungalist
8/6/2005 2:44:56 AM
thanx for u people great help...i was able to solve it...kinda of
thought programming is hard...case senstive syntax, correct placing,
correct input.....
0
tryokane

INSERT data into SQL table... TableAdapter Commands or SQL Commands? Which is best?
I've been working on some unbound data forms, and trying to decide what is best when inserting and/or updating a record into a SQL table.    I can successfully use SQL commands to insert data from VS2008 into a sql table on the server, doing something such as... Dim conn As New SqlConnection("server=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=YourDatabaseName")Using conn conn.Open() Dim cmd As New SqlCommand("UPDATE tableName SET folderName = @folder WHERE id = @id", conn) cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@folder", txtFolder.Te...

Submit Form to insert data into SQL and display with a gridview (edit as well) below how do i insert data into sql table?
I have an asp.net page that has a simple form where a user can submit customers information. Below that I have a gridview which displays customer information submited by the user who is logged in. I have the gridview displaying, sorting and updating as I want however I can't figure out how to bind a button click to insert data into the customer table and then have it refresh the gridview when they submit. Here is the basic code; (I am using AJAX for a calendar when a user wants to edit an appointment date) &lt;div class="leftBar"&gt; <div align=center&...

How to Data Transfer From Excel to Microsoft SQL Server Data base Using .Net.
Hai All, How to Data Transfer From Excel to Microsoft SQL Server Data base Using .Net. I have one Excel Sheet in that sheet 15 Fields (attributes) and 3000 records are there. In this 3000 records i want to store this (Excel) data into  5 related tables on Sql Server Database Using .Net.   How to store Excel Sheet data into Sql Server database. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank You Very Much...Have a Good Day... With RegardsSridhar...

how to study sql server instance(sql server project data instance) design rapidly reffering websites business data
hi.I have learned asp.net and Sql server for two years by myself.Now i want to issue my own websites. But now i am confused about sql server data field. how to design data field to satisfy the websites business logic :The important Thing is :I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER ,ONLY A PROGRAM LOVER, BUT NOW I WANT TO BE A PROGRAMMER COS I HAVE NO tech to have more salary,now my salary is little,so i want to be a programmer. please give me some link about learning this :website,blog,free ebook,advice and so on... Chinese Edition is the best. BTW:who can tell me how to learn websites Data field a...

How to insert data into sql server in bulk using ADO.net
Hi!  I'm building a web application. I need to read data from a text or excel file and process the data and then store the result records into database. The record number is big. I can store the data record into database (SQL Server 2005) one at a time. I think it's slow. Is there any way to insert the data in bulk.   Thanks! ccy Hi, Try DataAdapter's Update() method. Thanks and best regards,Faraz Shah KhanMCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net, MCTS-Win/Web, MCPD-WebBlog HI, If you want to just insert the data then you can use sqlbulkinsert class. If you want to update a...

How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2005?
1) I can't get the 'copy database' function to work from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2005. I connect ok. Everything goes to the last step and then it fails.2) I cant get a SQL server 2008 backup to restore on SQL SEerver 2005 either. The only way I know that works is to script the creation of all tables then export and import. This does work. How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from 2008 to 2005? ThanksSQL newbie. Visual Studio 2008 supports a type of project called a database project. You might try importing the schema of t...

Update sql server with data from a different sql server
I have two different sql server databases on different server. I need to do a select from one database and based on the results, update a record on the sql server. thanks, Add the second server as a linked server, then: UPDATE Table1 SET field1=(SELECT field1 FROM Server2.database.dbo.Table1 WHERE ...) WHERE .......   How do I setup the linked server I've looked in the books online and cannot seem to do it. I get to the properites page to add a New Linked server, but what information do I put where. For linked server do I list the server name I am trying to connect to or is...

not able to insert string to binary data and retrieve binary data to string withount using file in sql server
how to insert string into table in the form of binary data and how to retrieve binary data in ms sql in the form of string. Wellcome to the forums dhirendra11:how to insert string into table in the form of binary data and how to retrieve binary data in ms sql in the form of string. As far as storing and retrieving data in binary format is concerned, SQL Server provides BLOB data types ( TEXT, NTEXT, IMAGE ).  You'll have to provide us more details about what exactly you're trying to do and what are the problems that you're facing for us to help you better.Thanks,Dhima...

move data from access to sql server 7.0 using sql queries
Hi All, I hope I am at the right place to post this question: How can I move the tables with its data from Access to SQL Server 7.0 using SQL queries. Later I might put everything in the store procedure and have a third party running the store-procedure to do it by itself. Please advice what should I do first? Do I create new tables in the s SQL Server 7 or can I move the data and create the tables at the same time?..Thank you. You can do this using DTS from your SQL server.  You can create the package, and even make it recurring if you so choose. This is a link describing DTS f...

The SQL script works at SQL Server, but once put it into .aspx, no data get updated.
Basically what I expect is that when user fill in the web form, trying to insert data into Tabel sell, its in_price column will be updated the same data as the in_price of Tabel warehouse, base on the criterias of same product ID, same size and same color. I have tried the SQL script, it works but when I put it into aspx file with the variable (@) associate the web form input value, it doesn't do anything to the database. Pls advise, thanks! public void Input_Click(Object sender, EventArgs E)    {        String updateCmd = "update sell set in_pri...

Managing Data between SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005
Hello, I have SQL Server 2000 and 2005 running on the same server. My current system is in SQL Server 2000 and the new system is in SQL Server 2005. My users will be using SQL Server 2000 for the most part,  But for the part the processes that have been migrated to 2005, they will be using SQL Server 2005 as well. The database schema is different on both servers eventhough the data will be similar in most respects. Is there is a way through which any data that is inserted/updated in SQL Server 2000 via content Management System/ manually/ via a batch job, the data is automatical...

Getting "When connecting to SQL Server 2005 Error" using MS SQL 2000?
I'm new to using VS2005 and this is my first project connecting to our MS SQL 2000. App worked fine on my dev PC, connection to the same MS SQL Server. Published the web site to the web server (same server running MS SQL Server) and getting the below error. Is this a permission setup problem on SQL Server or does it really think it's connecting with a MS SQL 2005 database? An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remot...

Migrate Data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005 Server Express
Hello:Does Sql Server 2005 Express support data migration  from Sql Server 2000. Anybody? This is exactly what I need to know too, anyone!?   -- Matthew...

Web resources about - how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command - asp.net.getting-started

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.