How creating file Excel from table in DB, and saving the file (. xls) in server side (in asp.net)

I know how create object Excel and use it in client side

But I didn’t success create it in server side in asp.net
I know how to give recordset from DB, my problem is how save it as Excel file in server:
Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
Dim oXL As Object
oXL = New Excel.Application()
oXL.Visible = False
How to continue??????
End Sub
0
sivan

check out the links from this post http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=376736

These do not sound like exactly what you are looking for, most of these pass html to the browser but specify ContentType="application/vnd.ms-excel" to force it to open in excel.
maybe these will help
http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive241.html
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/csharp_excel.asp
0
jhouse
11/16/2003 4:50:02 PM
How about just saving the file as a CSV format? Or does it *have* to be Excel specifically?
~Brad Kingsley
MCSE, ASPInsider

www.orcsweb.com

Powerful Web Hosting Solutions
#1 in Service and Support

0
sbradk

How to Create .mdb file from Excel file using C#.net
Hi all I want to create .mdb file that i have created excel feel from MS jet Database... through code behind Help me in this..  Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. How to create an mdb file programmtically:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317881How to import Excel data into it: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=79 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

upload data from an excel file directly into db without saving the excel file
Hi, I want to give users the ability to upload an excel file and then take the data out of the first column in that excel file and insert that into my db.  NB The users will be told to only put data into the first column. I know how to put the input file on my webform and have them upload the file to the server - but i think there must be a better way as i dont want to keep the excel file - just take the info out of the column and discard the excel file. Does anyone have any ideas/tutorials on best way to do this. Thanks...   I have done similar thing, but you can not j...

Save Excel file on server-side
Hi! In the page i've made i create an Excel file on the server. The name of the file depend of the session ID and i delete the file once the session is lost. Right after i've create the excel file i open it in the browser to allow change. My problem is that when i try to save the change made in the excel file it prompt to save on the client computer and not on the server. How can i save the file on server?Thank and sorry for my bad english!...

How to Create an Excel File from VB.Net
VWD 2008 Express.  Visual Basic. Is it possible to build an Excel workbook from VB code behind an aspx page.  What do I need to do?  Can anyone provide a code sample?  Thanks.Dr. Douglas PruiettGood News Jail & Prison Ministrywww.goodnewsjail.org Not knowing your exact needs, this code sample from ASPNet101.com shows how to export from a Gridview to an Excel file http://www.aspnet101.com/aspnet101/aspnet/codesample.aspx?code=gvExportExcelDavid WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Contro...

Keep getting..."Unable to get project file from server",when using vs.net
When trying to open any existing asp.net project in Visual Studio it keeps giving me the message above. It is also throwing an error when I create the project in the first place, it happens when a dos window is opened, the text in the dos window is running "Common Language Runtime Minidump Utility version 1.0.3705.0" and then VS craps out says there was an error and shuts down. I've re-installed the .net components and framework with no avail, and FrontPage extensions etc.. are all installed. I'm running XP professional and have installed IIS 5.1. This is driving me fec...

How to get the load address of the .net executable file(exe file) ?
hello: I am reading an article about .net(Rewrite MSIL Code on the Fly with the .NET Framework Profiling API)from msdn, http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/09/NETProfilingAPI/ ,but i have some trouble about it . it said : If you added the method's RVA to the load address (the address where the executable file for the "Hello World!" assembly was loaded), you would see a memory dump layout similar to the one shown in Figure 3. On my machine, the load address was 0x06EA1000, I want to know : how can i get the load address of the exe file on my machine?is there s...

Creating .NET Code to read a .his file (like a .txt file)
Hello all! I'd like to read data from a temperature control program that posts data to a .his file.  Sample entries are pasted below: "","",RT3-RH%,RT3-HUSP,RT3-ZNT,RT3-RAT1,12/4/06 4:10:52 PM,13.12,45.00,64.44,65.882,12/4/06 4:15:52 PM,13.13,45.00,64.44,65.813,12/4/06 4:20:52 PM,13.08,45.00,64.44,65.754,12/4/06 4:25:52 PM,13.13,45.00,64.44,65.695,12/4/06 4:30:52 PM,13.11,45.00,64.44,65.696,12/4/06 4:35:52 PM,13.09,45.00,64.44,65.637,12/4/06 4:40:52 PM,13.27,45.00,64.44,65.568,12/4/06 4:45:52 PM,13.32,45.00,64.44,65.75  I'd like to skip the first line...

I create the file like this System.IO.File.Create("pallingtest1.txt") but how do I tell it where to save the file?
can anyone help? Why don't you specify the fully qualified path where you want to write the file rather than try and figure out where its going to write it? Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.  From the MSDN docs: <i>The path parameter is permitted to specify relative or absolute path information. Relative path information is interpreted as relative to the current working directory. To obtain the current working directory, see GetCurrentDirectory.</i>http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us...

Creating an Excel file using VB.Net
Just after some help to create an Excel file using VB.Net please. I've had a bit of a hunt around but can't find an exact example of code that I'm after. I'm new to .Net and VB.Net and wanted to create and save records to an EXCEL file. I can translate from C# if need be. Thanks for any help. Hi Amelia99, welcome to the forums. Which version of Excell do you want to use? The latest version (2003) has xml possibilities and you can download a free SDK at the microsoft site that makes it quite easy to use with vs.net 2003. It makes new project templates and one of them is for ex...

error message: Failure creating file. while connection excel file on server.
hi Regards Mike I changed te your says;<add name="excelbaglantiyeni" connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=//mysitei.com/App_Data/seyit.xls; Extended Properties= Excel 8.0"providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>and I tryed connection str  <add name="excelbaglantiyeni" connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=//mysitei.com/seyit.xls; Extended Properties= Excel 8.0" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>but mysite gives error Server Error in '/' Appli...

error message: Failure creating file. while connection excel file on server.
hi Regards Mike I changed te your says; <add name="excelbaglantiyeni" connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=//mysitei.com/App_Data/seyit.xls; Extended Properties= Excel 8.0" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>and I tryed connection string  <add name="excelbaglantiyeni" connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=//mysitei.com/seyit.xls; Extended Properties= Excel 8.0" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> but mysite gives error Server Error in '...

how can i Get OCX File in .net IDE vb.net/C3
hi all,      How can I generate OCX file in VB.net/c# 2005 that will interact in web pages...?Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, As far as I know, VB 2005 and C# 2005 cannot create the project for ocx file. However, I hope the following link will be helpful to you. Creating an ActiveX Control in Visual Studio 2005http://msmvps.com/blogs/pauldomag/archive/2006/08/16/107758.aspxSincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other co...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client
hi,i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspxPlease Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com As always there are many ways and which ...

Excel File to DB with Database and Table Created Dynamically
We have many colleagues that use excel files to manage data, and we're trying to promote the idea of using web based forms with database backends. With that in mind, I successfully completed the 5 part tutorial, "Importing an Excel Spreadsheet Using Typed DataSets and TableAdapters" by Nannette Thacker (http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/022708-1.aspx). For the sake of simplicity and common ground, the article uses a specific xls file and hard-codes the number of columns, datatypes, etc... My question is, given normalized data in the xl...

Web resources about - How creating file Excel from table in DB, and saving the file (. xls) in server side (in asp.net) - asp.net.getting-started

Wikipedia:Creating a bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is often far simpler to request a bot job from an existing bot. If you have only periodic requests or are uncomfortable with programming languages, ...

Sandi Krakowski’s Tips for Creating Great Content
Quick tips to help you create great content for your business.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook simplifies process for creating repeat events
Facebook introduced a new feature for events this week that allows users to quickly create a similar event as one they previously hosted or attended. ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Road Map To Market Your Startup
Spreading the word can be challenging when you’re new to an industry, don’t have a big budget, and have little helpbut it’s possible.You’ll need ...

Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine ...
Get Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine, and Twitter on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Creating Economic Dynamism: Joseph E. Stiglitz
DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 25JAN13 - Joseph E. Stiglitz, Professor, Columbia University, USA talks during the session 'Creating Economic Dynamism' at ...

YouTube - Super Human Abilities: Tila Tequila Creating Energy Balls & Electricity Out of Thin Air!
Veröffentlicht am 24.04.2013 Hey Guys! For a long time now I have been able to do some pretty supernatural things that most would consider "SUPER ...