How can I run the third party application from my web application?

Hi,

I am having an application installed on my server which will take a text file as input and will generate an image as per the content of the text file.

I am having a page in my application that should run a stored procedure and get the output, and put it in a text file and then run the application installed on the server to generate the image and enable the user to view or download it.

How can i acheive this? How can I run the third party application from my web application?

0
kiranj

good luck.. the security setup will be a nightmare if it's an EXE. Ideally that app would have an API call you can reference/use.

But...beyond that, look at the snippet I have here (http://www.darkfalz.com/1128) for starting/stopping a service, same idea...

0
Curt_C
5/3/2007 8:25:13 PM

HI,

I am sorry for not being clear with my question.

My 3rd paty application (dot) can be run from command line if we give a command (dot - Tpng -O ..parameters). so i wanted to pass a command to my server command line from my asp.net page. how can i do that

0
kiranj
5/3/2007 9:07:30 PM

I knew what you meant.. my sample was to get you on to the right namespace...

Try this:
http://codebetter.com/blogs/brendan.tompkins/archive/2004/05/13/13484.aspx

0
Curt_C
5/3/2007 9:21:58 PM

System.Diagnostics.

ProcessStartInfo psi = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo("cmd.exe");

psi.UseShellExecute =

false;

psi.RedirectStandardOutput =

true;

psi.RedirectStandardInput =

true;

psi.RedirectStandardError =

true;

psi.WorkingDirectory =

"c:\\Program Files\\ATT\\Graphviz\\bin";

Process.Start(psi);

Process.Start("dot -Tpng x.txt -o x.png -Grankdir='BT'");

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file speciefied

can anybody help me please??? dot is an exe file which can be run from Windows run mode by typing dot -Tpng x.txt -o x.png -Grankdir='BT' if x.txt is in the bin directory of dot's location

0
kiranj
5/3/2007 10:53:35 PM

does the aspnet account have access to that path?

also, try running it all as one command line call.

0
Curt_C
5/4/2007 12:47:11 PM

>does the aspnet account have access to that path?

Thanks for ur reponse.

The following piece of code works fine and it opens the file newdoc.doc, which mean that ASP.Net is having access to that path.

 Process

myProcess = new Process();

myProcess.StartInfo.FileName = "C:\\Program Files\\ATT\\Graphviz\\bin\\newdoc.doc";

myProcess.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow =

true;

myProcess.Start();

>also, try running it all as one command line call.

Can u please explain this

0
kiranj

Stop and Start a Web Application using Application Pool contains may Web Applications
Hi, In my IIS 6.0, there is a Application Pool. This Application Pool contains 5 Asp.net Web Application. But I need to stop and restart one particular Web Application. How to do that? What is the process to start and stop a Asp.net Web Application. when the Web Application uses a Application Pool and the Particular Application Pool contains other Web Application as well.?     if you want like that then create separate application pool for each web application. Then you can start and stop one particular web application. Other easy way is just modify the web.config file of you...

Java application running from application server without Web Start
Hello All, I have a few questions: - Is it possible to use Java Web Start with the functionality of an application server. Can I have the started Java program to use components from the application server? - How can I make sure a client can start a Java application (not an applet) from an application server and have it running on its own without using Java Web Start. Thanx in advance. Coen Java applications can connect to application servers in exactly the same way as applets do. In fact, if you create an applet in PowerJ, you can deploy it as an application withou...

How to Run my .exe file or Application in the Background using .NET Application like explorer.exe file is Running always in the Background...(you can see in task Manager..)
Hi , This is Sundar , i want to develope one small Application in windows or web ,that should send the mail continiously according to at what time scheduled in the application and that should Running in the Background always like windows service,SQL server ........ so , please help me ......................  what;s the problem if you develop an windows service and install it in your system.  http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htmGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.  see, i have created the Windows services and wh...

How can i get started to build an web-application?
Hey Hi everyone! well i wanna build an web application which do has connection with the database. i am planning it out with ASP.NET,C# with sql server as the database, how can i start doing this? plz do response me to the earliest thanx in advance regards kiranregards--kiran--Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. your best bet would to be buy a book to start building a web application.  To many things to ask to start to help you build a web app. especially if your just starting out.  I would suggest ASP.NET UNLEASHED ISBN ...

Running a web application within my existing web application
 Hi. I have a site set up in .net 1.1 that runs fine. A requirement came through recently to incorporate some elements by way of a third party application. I have set up a virtual directory inside my main application which points to the folder that contains the third party application. This virtual directory is also set up to run as an application. The third party application allows me to create forms. I have created a page in my main application that uses 1 user control from the third party application to display a form. I am getting the following error when trying to run the page:Serv...

Profiling Web Applications. Web Application runs slowly
Hi, I have a general question.  I'm fairly new to web programming (as opposed to windows programming).  I used the Microsoft Personal Web Site Starter Kit and added to it (see www.andrewdwalker.com ).  It works fine on my home computer but it is painfully slow to load up on GoDaddy.  I'm trying to figure out why.  Can someone tell what the methodology, tools, etc. are to figure out what parts are causing it to slow down?  I suppose I'm asking a few related questions.  They are: 1.  In general, on home computer or remotely, how does...

Can powerbuilder .NET Web Form Application run on Win2003 ?
Hello~~ I am testing powerbuilder11 TCP now. I followed the instruction on PDF file, and found I can successfully migrate my pbl to .net with IIS on Win2000 , and run it on browser; while I cannot successfully complete the same process with IIS on Win2003, I cannot run it on browser, various error messages shown on browser.... I guess there is further restriction for ASPNET on Win2003. Does anyone have good suggestion? Regards Alex Alex; 1) Please do not cross-post. 2) Please use the PB 11 Beta News Group. Thanks .. Chris...

Can powerbuilder .NET Web Form Application run on Win2003 ?
Hello~~ I am testing powerbuilder11 TCP now. I followed the instruction on PDF file, and found I can successfully migrate my pbl to .net with IIS on Win2000 , and run it on browser; while I cannot successfully complete the same process with IIS on Win2003, I cannot run it on browser, various error messages shown on browser.... I guess there is further restriction for ASPNET on Win2003. Does anyone have good suggestion? Regards Alex Alex; Try the PB 11 Beta News Group .. we are not allowed to answer your PB 11 questions ...

How do I get my web application running on web server ?
In VB.Net 2003 std I have made ASP.NET web application that runs fine on my home pc when debugging. Then I click "Build web application1" but what are the next/ right steps to get this application running on web server? Then I copied all files to server and made a script(short script with jawa in index.html -file)  that starts WebForm1.aspx, but I get error on web page:<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication1.WebForm1"%>I am a beginner with ASP:NET and internet.      Looks like your server is set t...

Can I open a Web Project application after I install Web Applications Projects?
I have installed the Web Application Projects addin to my VS 2005.  I have used it to convert a web application that was written in VS 2003 to VS 2005. Now I want to open a Web Project application written by another developer on our team.  The Web Project is save in SourceSafe.  When I try to open the Web Project from SourceSafe I get an error "There are no solition or project files in the this location.  Please select a different location".  Am I geting this error because I have the Web Applications Projects installed?  Do I have to uninstall it to work o...

How to get a Windows Server 2008 to run .NET 3.5 AJAX Web Applications
Hi, i'm kinda new to the .NET 3.5 framework.. I just developed a very simple web app using Visual studio 2008 beta2, choosing ASP.NET Futures AJAX. I then added a Web Reference that i call from a Silverlight control.. So far so good: i test it, and it runs locally.. I also have a Windows Server 2008 DataCenter Release candidate version, on which i used to run an ASP.NET 3.0 Web Application, that worked just fine.. But I can't figure out how to run this .net 3.5 Web App on my server: i tried installing the .NET 3.5 Framework on the server, but i still can only deploy 3.0 applications....

Where can I put the code to open a third party application that my web app is going to interact with?
My web application needs to "talk" with a third party application via a COM library. I did add the reference to the COM library and have a test page with a button to open the application which is working fine. Where should I add this code to my apllication to have the web application open the program on the web server machine?     When you compile and publish your web app on the remote webserver it will bring any references to COM, DLL etc along automatically.  Please mark my answer as correct if it was correct.my blog with .NET hints seattle-khv.spaces.liv...

Web resources about - How can I run the third party application from my web application? - asp.net.getting-started

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: Global application processor market to rise 8.5% in 2016
The global market for application processors (AP) will rise 8.54% in 2016, according to Digitimes Research. Growth of demand for applications ...

A new edition of CRISPR promises to make gene therapy ready for human applications
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the McGovern Institute for Brain Research have developed a way to significantly cut down on “off-target” ...