How can I get the text box.text property of my usercontrol textbox

 I had created a numeric textbox using windows control library and when I added the  text box in my project I cannot get the textbox.text property, How can I get the text box.text property of my usercontrol textbox

Thanks in advance

Regards
Anu Palavila
0
anupalavila

Do you have this code in your User control?

<DefaultProperty("Text"), ToolboxData("<{0}:BaseTextBox runat=server></{0}:BaseTextBox>")> _
Public Class TextField
    Inherits TextBox

../sara

0
saravananr

length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ?
hello friends length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ? second example is ..... textbox1.text is greenhouse.. i want to get green from textbox.text cheer Mark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi,you can always perform a Trim to a retrieved string to delete the leading and trailing space characters. For your second example where you want to gt a part of the retrieved string you can use the SubString method of the String class.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workar...

How do I get the Text of a Text ....
That may sound confusing, but I need to get the text of a Dynamically created text object. For each row the Text objects text might be somthing different, and when I loop through all the rows, I need to see if any of them are a certain Word. When I used Getitemstring, it doesn't like it. dw_1.Describe( 'text_control.text' ) will give you the .text attribute of a text control in a datawindow. How are you getting different values for the .text attributes on different rows? Using an expression or something? -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.v...

How do I get the left part of a text box.text
How do I get the left part of a text box.text???Something like: textbox1.text.left(3) to get 'abc' if the text box contains the alphabeth.But then the correct way You can do something as: string mainString = "abcdefg....";string strSubString = mainString.SubString(0,2); Hope this helps, RegardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP Use the Substring() method.string tempstring = TextBox1.Text.Substring(0,3); thanks all...

Can't use Apostrophes in '<%# %>' databinding expressions, in Text property of TextBox in TemplateField in DetailsView. Any ways to get round this?
Hi, I reckon this must be quite a common issue, but although I've hunted high and low, I can't find an answer. I have a DetailsView control which is bound to an ObjectDataSource. This uses a method in a BLL class to select a single record according to an ID in a URL query-string. Some of the fields in the DetailsView are normal 'BoundFields', and some are 'TemplateFields'. In the TemplateFields I have TextBoxes with Text property set using the standard databinding expression:'<%# Eval("QuestionText") %>'  Some of these textboxes are a bit more complex...

Can someone tell me why I can't get this sentence to get displaye d from a text paragraph file:(
# loop & search for file: while(<>){ print if ($ARGV=~/^has been working very hard.$\i); } Error Msg Search pattern not terminated at line 13. Many Thanks! ...

how to get the Text form TextBox.Text that is not declared in .apsx
i want to make a page that let user config the quantity of smth ,i have 2 page for this , one is the page that have lists for choosing , another is the page that will receive a data from last page and display themwith textbox for config the quantity.  i use session to transfer the data ( i transfer a  GridViewRow). The problem is that i don't know how much itemsthat user will choose in the first page , so i must create a textbox for configuration by writing dynamic code , it means that the textbox i createdare initialized by " Textbox a = new Textbox()"  which lie in the .aspx...

How can I get the selected text from a TextBox?
I am using TextBox as TextArea by making its propery as 'multiline'.Now If I delect few words in the textbox i should be able to pass it to ....say a label.How can I do it?Is javascript is the only answer or we can do it without it?Reply would be appreciated..   If everything needs to be done on client side, then javascript is the best option and easy too. Otherwise if you want you can implement it through Ajax as well.-Chats for selection of text in textbox javascript is the only answer as it is a client side operation.Mark as answer if you are agree with the solution....

RE: Can someone tell me why I can't get this sentence to get disp laye d from a text paragraph file:(
> print if ($ARGV=~/^has been working very hard.$\i); That second slash is going the wrong way (\ instead of /) ____________________ Chris Spurgeon Senior Design Technologist cspurgeon@electronicink.com ELECTRONIC INK One South Broad Street 19th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19107 www.electronicink.com t 215.922.3800 x(233) f 215.922.3880 -----Original Message----- From: AMORE,JUAN (HP-Roseville,ex1) [mailto:juan_amore@hp.com] Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 5:28 PM To: Beginners@Perl. Org (E-mail) Subject: Can someone tell me why I can't get this sentence to get...

Newbie question: How do I get a handle to a textbox on my page? get its text, too?
 Here's the javascript var selectedDateTextBox = new Sys.UI.TextBox(); selectedDateTextBox = $get('DateTextBox');  var selectedDateTextBoxText = selectedDateTextBox.get_text (?)  I know I can do this in javascript ( document.getElementById('SelectedDateTextBox').value ), but I can't find any examples on the MS AJAX Tutorial pages that demo how to write solid Atlas client script and the "Programming Atlas" book examples seem to bomb with the latest MS AJAX I downloaded (ASP.NET AJAX 1.0).  If you can point me to a blog/site that has current examples, I'd real...

cant get text of text box when it dissabled(value changed by javascript)

datalist1 ? how can i get value of datalist item text to label1.text ?
hi i have datalist1 on page.aspx and i have label1 on page.aspx so datalist1 have name and username as items.. how can i get value of name of datalist1 to label1.text ? ThanksMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi, in your DataList1 ItemDataBound event you can use FindControl to get the value of the DataList TextBox's. For example:  Protected Sub DataList1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListItemEventArgs) Handles DataList1.ItemDataBound If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Item Or e.Ite...

Dropdown selected index and text box text not getting reflected on web page
 Hi All,I have to bind the pre inserted data to the web page.Page has drop down lists and text boxes.I am using the following methods to bind these controls: 1. Drop down list:                            int index = dropDownList.Items.IndexOf(dropDownList.Items.FindByValue(value));                                 dropDownList.SelectedIndex = ind...

How do I block a user from entering text in a text box if they type text in another text box?
I have two text boxes, and want the user to complete one or the other.  How can I "grey out" one text box if a user starts typing in the other textbox?  Never make important decisions on a Monday! You can use the OnTextChanged event of the textboxes and write Javascript for both textboxes to disable the other textbox when the user starts to type in something in one textbox. The only problem with that is that once the user starts to type in something in one text box the other textbox gets disabled and locks up, so now the user HAS TO compulsarily type what he wants in th...

can not get file path from fileupload text box
when I choose some file will get a error message below , some not get a error, can get file path, every file name short"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage       Most likely causes:You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address.  " public partial class Default : System.Web.UI.Page    {        int i = 0;        static String fileNamePath1;      protected void getFilePath...

Web resources about - How can I get the text box.text property of my usercontrol textbox - asp.net.getting-started

'url' Top Users - Stack Overflow
current community chat blog Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow Stack Overflow Careers your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. ...

List of content management frameworks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.NET Framework , works with SQL Server, VistaDB , with XSLT or .NET UserControls Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike ...

OPAC Discovery
Switch Language To switch to a different language, select from the following list: English French Spanish Italian British Bulgarian Galician ...

The royal baby - Australian Women's Weekly
MAKE AWW MY HOMEPAGE SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE TODAY FOOD RECIPES ROYALS CELEBS Home Food Recipe search Recipe collections Meal maker Expert Q & A Cookbooks ...

Envoyer par courriel à un ami - Best Buy Canada
Envoyer par courriel à un ami à Best Buy Canada

Bytes - IT + Developer Community - Connect with IT Pros
Bytes.com is a community for Developers and IT Professionals. Join 414,150 members and discuss topics such as software development, networking, ...

Canonical Splines in WPF and Silverlight
January 22, 2009 New York, N.Y. Windows Forms has two methods named DrawCurve and DrawClosedCurve that draw canonical (aka cardinal) splines. ...

Silverlight Toolkit - Issues
Silverlight Toolkit and Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit are a set of Microsoft components for developers.

Delicious
Keep, share, and discover the best of the Web using Delicious, the world's leading social bookmarking service.

DotNetNuke Modules – Anatomy of the View
-*+Now that we’ve laid the foundation of DotNetNuke modules, it is time to start looking at the specific modules. While it would be practically ...