How can I edit a pdf file using C#.net

Regards
Anu Palavila
0
anupalavila

I think you need to look for a good API.

I found this one. I don't know if there is an opensource API. Try Googling Edit PDF .NET API

Jef Claes
~~~~~~~~~~

Visit my blog
0
Nemesis116

U may use itextsharp

http://sourceforge.net/projects/itextsharp/

http://csharpdotnetfreak.blogspot.com/2008/12/export-gridview-to-pdf-using-itextsharp.html

Hope It helps

Thanks
Avinash Tiwari

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you.
0
qwe123kids
4/22/2009 9:04:57 AM

 Hi anupalavila,

You can use pdftotext to convert pdf to plain text file and iTextSharp   for converting plain text to pdf.

check out these links for how to use these two component in asp.net

http://aspdotnetcodebook.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-convert-pdf-file-to-text-in.html

http://aspdotnetcodebook.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-convert-web-page-to-pdf.html

Santosh kumar

Blog
0
santosh

HI allI have a urgent requirement i want to convert .tiff image to .pdf file Thanks in advance Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. I dont think its possible without doing a lot of code or using third party tools, but if you  are looking for a free tool you can try a combination of http://blog.codebeach.com/2008/02/convert-multipage-tiff-to-pdf-in-net.htmland  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Creating_PDF_documents_in.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this pos...

Generating a PDF file using c#.net
Hello,  I' m having to create  a pdf file at the click of a button. I' m new to this can you please suggest a procedure I could follow or a tutorial I could read. thanks Mythili You would be best advised to use a component to help you with this. It's going to be very hard to do by hand. Google should be able to find you alternatives fairly easily.  check this 3rd party control  HTML to PDF converter. The conversion can be done with only a few lines of code.  and also check this linkMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'l...

Read a PDF file using C#.Net
 Hi,    Is there any way to read a PDF file using C#.net?I have already used third party tools like itextsharp and its dlls. But it is not worthy.Is there any alternative third party dlls?If any body tell means it would be a great help.Thanks in advance!    Have a look at the following - they are C# projects that include a read of PDF's Parsing PDF files in .NET using PDFBox and IKVM.NET (managed code). http://www.codeproject.com/KB/string/pdf2text.aspxA Windows Service that indexes DOC, PDF, XLS, PPT, RTF, HTML, TXT, XML, and other file formats http:...

how can i Get OCX File in .net IDE vb.net/C3
hi all,      How can I generate OCX file in VB.net/c# 2005 that will interact in web pages...?Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, As far as I know, VB 2005 and C# 2005 cannot create the project for ocx file. However, I hope the following link will be helpful to you. Creating an ActiveX Control in Visual Studio 2005http://msmvps.com/blogs/pauldomag/archive/2006/08/16/107758.aspxSincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other co...

problem with editing the content of pdf file using vb.net
hi all.... is the any way to edit the bookmark in a pdf file ...... for exmaple replace some string and save it... like replace("abcde","lmnop") is it possible to do it ? thanks  you can define variables in PDF Files and can access those variables programtically than change values of that required variable and save you pdf againIf this post helps you, please mark it as Answer.Cheers,Muhammad Rizwan JavedSr .Net DeveloperAim 168, Dubai, UAE. thanks for ur help..... u got any reference on this...... sorry ...cos i am new to pdf actions in vb.net thanks &nb...

What can c#.net do that vb.net can't?
That's pretty much my question - what can you do with c#, in terms of web application building, that you can't do in vb.net? Thanks Which language you choose is pretty much up you, your preferences and previous experience. There are some differences, but most importantly one have to realize that all .Net compliant languages are translated into an Intermediate Language and at the end of the day, what run is pretty much the same. Read this if you need to know more: "Microsoft Programming Languages" http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/whitepapers/default.aspx ...

use of vb.net and c#.net

Smart Device Application for file transfer to a remote server in .Net Compact Framework (Using Visual Studio.Net 2003,C# code)
Dear all, We are developing a smart device application (using C# code) for .Net Compact Framework where we need to write a programme in C# code to transfer a file from mobile device to remote server/machine.Can anyony help us regarding this aaplication.If you have already done this or you find any article/link regarding to this application then please let me know about that. My mail id : anirbandas.ju@gmail.com Looking forward for your reply soon. Regards Anirban   hi hav u got any solution , becoz i too need. plz share with me...

Help! Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition?
Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition? I downloaded Web Martrix. But I don't want to use its IDE. I just want to use its webserver because Home Edition can't have IIS. Thanks.HeiGe Visual Studio.NET neededs IIS, But in home addition you can't use IIS. So in XPHome you can't use Visual Studio.NET from ASP.NET development!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thanks for your answer. But I have successfully added IIS to my XP Home. Special thanks to Holeinone, Pippo a...

COnverting image file into PDF file in C#.NET
hi friends, i have a problem in creating a PDF file from an image file. first of all pls clarify what is the internal concept in converting to PDF file. if nay one knows pls mail me the related code if you find any solution pls mail me at spend5mins@yahoo.com thank u all hari babu...

Can i use a c/c++ from a vb.net program?
Hi everyone,I have downloaded a tarball of c/c++ library named gnump which is supposed to help in large arithmetic calculations. The file contains only source (c and c++ files).I would like to know if there is a way to compile and import that library to one vb.net projects?Can someone explain the procedure to follow?Thanx in advance! Yes. You need to learn about Platform Invoke. You can't directly invoke C++ classes, but you do cal call plain C or COM objects (i.e. C++ exposed via interface). http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0h9e9t7d(VS.80).aspx http://pinvoke.net/Thanks---------...

Web resources about - How can I edit a pdf file using C#.net - asp.net.getting-started

Belgium Police Arrest Two People Suspected of Plotting New Years Eve Terror Attacks
Belgian law enforcement has placed two people under arrest in connection to a plot to commit terror attacks throughout Brussels during the holiday ...

Hillary Clinton More Admired Than the Pope, U.K. Criminalizes 'Controlling' Behavior, Rogue Elephant-Seal ...
Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama are Americans' most admired people, according to a new Gallup poll —beating out Malala Yousafzai, ...

The 5 most annoying things about ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
Despite the onslaught of praise directed at Star Wars: The Force Awakens , I can't help but feel that the film's rave reviews are undeservedly ...

Almost half of all Christmas week activations were Apple devices
It looks like Cupertino has once again dominated the Christmas season, because according to a recent poll, almost half of all new device activations ...

Samsung's Bio-Processor chip that has built-in support for measuring body fat, muscle mass, heart rate ...
Jacob Kastrenakes / The Verge : Samsung's Bio-Processor chip that has built-in support for measuring body fat, muscle mass, heart rate, skin ...

Belgium arrests two over suspected New Year attack plot
Belgian police have arrested two people suspected of plotting attacks in Brussels during New Year festivities, just weeks after the jihadist ...

Did James Harden dump ‘moody’ Khloe Kardashian on Christmas day?
Help me, because I actually want Khloe Kardashian’s haircut in this ^^ photo. It’s a great length, right? We should do a poll: should I get a ...

`Lemmy' Kilmister, Founder of Rock Band Motorhead, Dies at 70
Newsweek `Lemmy' Kilmister, Founder of Rock Band Motorhead, Dies at 70 Bloomberg Lemmy Kilmister performs with Motorhead during the Hellfest ...

'Affluenza' teen arrested in Mexican resort after weeks on the run
The "affluenza" teen is once again in police custody after weeks on the run, and may finally face jail time. Ethan Couch, the drunk-driving ...

San Francisco's Housing Shortage Threatens African Americans
Space-strapped San Francisco mines historic African American neighborhood for housing, retail