How Can I Do This (*if i can)

I currently maintain a website for a nightclub which runs on asp.net cms system which has been written by a company.

The guy who runs the contract is not the designer of the software he is more of a designer, I need to do a couple of things on the site but this guy wants big money for getting a programmer to do them (simple post back forms like refer a friends or questionaires)

I do have a high level access to the site which I can uploads asx pages but not tried this as yet.

How easy is it to write code on the front end of the site to use the server to email the response ?

How easy it to adapt a form so i can get to enter information and post it to an email address ?

The system has a login in system for registered users, and it basically gives them access to extra features how do you detect if a user if logged in or valid ?

The site is www.lifeleicester.com if someone can give me some pointers as not dealt with asp ... more php stuff and cgi

Thanks

Devo
0
devo

here is a tutorial on how to send eMail from an asp.net page
Tory89

Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP
I am using 2.0 to try to send an email to the IisPickup directorySystem.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(test@testing.com, "test@test.com", "Testing " + DateTime.Now.ToString(), "Testing the Mail Drop Folder");System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient client = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");client.DeliveryMethod = System.Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis; client.Send(message);Example Site : www.andrewworral.com (hit the button)This code worked on our old deployment server but not on our new server.  I s...

Should can can?
$ cat test.pl use v5.14.1; use warnings; tie my $foo, "Foo"; say tied $foo; say ref $foo; say $foo->can ("FETCH"); package Foo; use strict; use warnings; require Tie::Scalar; use vars qw( @ISA ); @ISA = qw(Tie::Scalar); sub FETCH { [ "#", 1 .. 3 ]; } # FETCH sub TIESCALAR { bless [], "Foo"; } # TIESCALAR 1; $ perl test.pl Foo=ARRAY(0x81a220c) ARRAY Can't call method "can" on unblessed reference at test.pl line 9. -- H.Merijn Brand http://tux.nl Perl Monger http://amster...

I can do what I can...
Name: Kevin Issac Email: speedtweaker_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: I can do what I can... Comments: I will certainly submit as much feedback as I can as long as you guys do us firefox soldiers right as far as privacy goes...I don't need to know my data's been encrypted end to end and requires quad-form-factor uber-authentication on your end...whatever that may mean, just do us right and I got a helluva a lot of time in which to do a) nothing or b) something.....submittng feedback being a "thing" you'd be wise to keep makin' cool shit an...

What can c#.net do that vb.net can't?
That's pretty much my question - what can you do with c#, in terms of web application building, that you can't do in vb.net? Thanks Which language you choose is pretty much up you, your preferences and previous experience. There are some differences, but most importantly one have to realize that all .Net compliant languages are translated into an Intermediate Language and at the end of the day, what run is pretty much the same. Read this if you need to know more: "Microsoft Programming Languages" http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/whitepapers/default.aspx ...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

How can I get conky start automatically when I start fvwm?
How can I get conky start automatically when I start fvwm? I setup the conky under fvwm session for my Opensuse 11 but it won't start automatically. I am wondering how to write some kind of scripts to force it to start automatically and with a delay about 10 seconds after fvwm starts. Thanks a lot. :P -- ggyyree ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Maybe this will help you: 'Conky Hardcore! � ssc.sh' (http://conky.linux-hardcore.com/?page_id=503) -- Coffee is like Linux, only cool people use it. Tea is like W...

update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email
Name: martha Email: mjhartleyatchampmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email Comments: The directions about bugging aren't helpful to me because I don't know what you're talking about. You offered an update, I tried it, now it is in an endless loop of trying to install, failing, and trying again. It is very frustrating because I can't even get into my old email files to get addresses, photos, etc. I have turned off my firewall and have rebooted the computer, per some of the suggestions in the...

I can start an exe with ShellExecute, how can I close it?
I am using ShellExecute to start up a separate application, which may not be needed by the user when running the main program. But when I close the main application, how can I kill the process I started with ShellExecute? I was going to have a private boolean that tracks if the other application was started and when the main program terminates, I will kill the separate application if I had started it. But what do I call to terminate it? I have had a look through the threads about ShellExecute, but non e appear to contain anything about how to kill the process you executed. Thanks Trev...

How can I can get the name of a file in a directory?
How can I can get the name of a file in a directory? Let's say I have "c:\test" directory and there is a tst.txt file how can I get the name of that file? thanks... hi You can use the fileinfo.name property to retrive the name of the file the name space which u should include is system.io for further reference you can use the msdn and search for fileinfo.name property feel free to ask more doubts See below link has live example and source, probably it could helps you! http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/052803-1.aspxSreedharhttp://www.w3...

Can't get site
I'm trying to get <http://www.blackfive.net/main/>. I get about 38% of the site downloading before it stalls. I've tried with both IE and Beonex. Wondering if it's the site or Verizon Online. Thanks. -Jeff B. (probably the site) yeff at erols dot com Yeff wrote: > I'm trying to get <http://www.blackfive.net/main/>. I get about 38% of the > site downloading before it stalls. I've tried with both IE and Beonex. > Wondering if it's the site or Verizon Online. Thanks. > > -Jeff B. (probably the site) > yeff at erols dot c...

Web resources about - How Can I Do This (*if i can) - asp.net.getting-started

Larwyn’s Linx: GOPe Cozying Up to Trump to Stop Cruz
Send us tips ! Bloggers: install a Larwyn's Linx widget . Get real-time news, 24/7, at BadBlue . Nation They Fear Cruz This Much: GOPe Cozying ...

Recommended Reading: The brilliance of David Bowie
'Heroes,' Heavenly Bodies and David Bowie's Untouchable Brilliance Bomani Jones, Playboy I've followed the work of ESPN's Bomani Jones long enough ...

Burkina Faso hotel siege declared over
At least 27 killed, including four assailants, and 126 freed as standoff ends, but operation continues at nearby hotel.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Queen Of The Dragons Emilia Clarke Teases ‘Big Moments’ In Season 6 And The Return ...
With the new season of Game of Thrones only months away, fans are eagerly waiting for any spoilers concerning the fate of one Jon Snow (Kit Harington). ...

Wal-Mart to close 154 stores in the US
Wal-Mart is closing 154 stores in the U.S. and another big chunk in its challenging Brazilian market.

JohnAndLisaGiveBack.com Scam? Are Powerball Winners John And Lisa Robinson Giving Back Money Through ...
The scam website johnandlisagiveback.com is getting plenty of attention, with its claims that the “Powerball Winners are Giving Away Cash To ...

President Obama Raps ‘Forgot About Dre’ — Find Out Why And Watch The Video
President Barack Obama and Eminem may not showing up together at any events in the near future, but the two well-known figures do share bragging ...

Taiwan elects new nationalist president, threatening China relations
It’s getting hard to keep track of all the international news this week, what with so much of the world being on fire and all, but there was ...

For better or worse, Bill Clinton not a big factor among U.S. voters
By Chris Kahn and Amanda Becker NEW YORK/MANCHESTER, N.H. (Reuters) - Bill Clinton may not be the “secret weapon” that Hillary Clinton needs ...

The IBM engineer that controlled a 'Star Wars' toy with his mind thinks brain readers could be the next ...
Earlier this week Business Insider reported that an IBM programmer managed to successfully take control of a BB-8 droid from "Star Wars" with ...