hide email addresses from email after using smtp.send()

hello , I have some kind of subscribe feature , the emails are saved in database so am using a sqldatareader and a loop , inside loop am adding the emails with msg.to.add() , but what is happening that all the emails are being shown ( in the to place) when a subscriber receives an email , but I dont want that , cause the subscriber shall not know email addresses of other subscribers , how to fix this thing ?!? thanks alot

0
Mazenx

place all the recipients on the BCC of the email. this prevents them from seeing the email of other BCC recipients

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige
1/4/2009 3:24:24 PM

thanks alot , emails are hidden now :)

0
Mazenx
1/4/2009 3:30:31 PM

thanks , emails are hidden now

0
Mazenx

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

Get email address from DB and send email using VB
OK every time I figure something out on my own, there's 10 more things I can't seem to figure out. I feel like a VB moron. Ha. Anyway. Here's what I need to do...1. Retrieve the email addresses from my database table of people whose memberships to my organization has expired in the past month.2. Somehow plug those email addresses into a code to send them a prewritten, preformatted email.I have found an article on how to send an email using VB coding. I just don't know how I would send one email to every person whose membership has expired in the past month. Ideally, I'd like to be able to lo...

using SMTP localhost in the webconfig is it possibale to hide our outgoing email address and change it so that a message appears to have been sent from our members email address rather then what is in
Hi there Can any one help me. I am asking this question for our .net guy who is a little busy at the moment. We have a website which has two online forms which get sent direct but to us using localhost which work fine. We also allow members to create and send their profiles to companies to apply for jobs. The members profile is sent via the webconfig file (code below). <mailSettings> <smtp from="support@ourdomain.co.uk"> <network host="localhost"/> </smtp> </mailSettings>At the top of every profile...

Using Email Interface
Hi-- I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what email address to send it to. Where do I find this email address/how can I set it up? Thanks rmandal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi-- > > I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I > want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know > how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what &g...

Getting email address in gridview row and send email
Hi guys, How do i get the email address in my gridview rows?  I wanna get all the email address of all of my records in the gridview and use the email address to send an email to the owner. Thanks,*A newbie C# programmer* hi have a look at threse related : http://forums.asp.net/p/1119999/1746089.aspx#1746089http://forums.asp.net/t/1062163.aspxhttp://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t93436-gridview-hyperlink-column-mailto-event.html Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (l...

How to get the CreateUserWizard to email using the DisplayName instead of From email address?
Hi,I'm trying to work out how to get the CreateUserWizard to email using the DisplayName (or equivalent) so that the recipient sees a name (e.g. Ben Miller) instead of an email address in the From field of their email client.  In my CreateUserWizard control I have tried putting a name (e.g Ben Miller) in like this:    <asp:CreateUserWizard...>    <MailDefinition BodyFileName="~/BodyFile.txt"            Subject="Welcome new User" From="user@domain.com, Ben Miller&quo...

how to get the correct email format when sending email using sqldatareader
I'm getting the email address from an excel sheet.But i need to send the email to multiple peopleWhen printing the below i geta@a.com;b@b.com;; But i want a@a.com;b@b.com; i don't need the extra semicolon Thanks code below------ while (oledr.Read()) { smail = oledr[0].ToString() + ";" + "<br>";   //smail += oledr[0].ToString() & ";"; //mail.To.Add(smail); //this.Label1.Text = smail; Response.Write(smail); }   If oledr[0].ToString() contains only one email address (and not a few), then you can do it this way:while (oled...

Instigating emails via SMTP alters the email address to
We have an application which uses mapi32.dll to send emails via SMTP. I didn't write the software but am supporting it so please forgive me for my ignorance about how it all works behind the scenes. When using Outlook, our app sends the emails directly to the mail server, ie. Outlook does not come into play. When using Groupwise, it detects a new mail message and opens up a compose message window. This was fine with Groupwise 6 but now with Groupwise 7 it is prefixing "SMTP:" to the email address. This causes problems at the mail server as it can't recognise the e...

Get email suffix (.net, .org, etc...) from email using Regular Expressions
Does anyone have a code snippet that could do this in VB.NET? I want it to return .net if given bob@microsoft.net Thanks, ScAndal.NET Web Based CRM http://www.kineticcrm.com.NET Consulting http://www.kineticmedia.net Hm. Well, I can get you started, but it won't handle sub-domain e-mails. To make this example easier for me to think about, this regex will look for: someword@someword.some.more.words (Why ".some.more.words"? Because of international country extensions) And it will save the ".some.more.words" part in the Groups property of the Match in in...

Cannot send email to Hotmail addresses using IIS SMTP
Note: Please excuse me for being so verbose. I just want to make sure I accurately convey my situation I have a Windows 2003 server running IIS both as a web server and an SMTP server. On this server, I have a two different websites, one in legacy ASP and one in ASP.Net. Both of these websites are able to send email successfully to almost any email address (e.g. xxx@aol.com, xxx@somecompany.com, etc.). However, neither of the sites can successfully send email to hotmail addresses (e.g. xxx@hotmail.com). Neither website gets an error when sending emails, which indicates that the m...

To send Email thru SMTP using PB.Net
Sir Please help me Sir I developed one program to send mail to General Manger when other manager requesting the holiday . I used MAPI mailsession . But that program is not working in some of the machine of Managers having outlook express with SMTP . But from some machine the mail automatically send to General manager without any problem. So I am trying to change the code to send the mail thru SMTP . I wrote a simple program in the similar way of the code in Sybase codexchange .Net Interop. I am using PB11.1.That program exe is working in my machine . When I try to run that ...

Non existing email address cancels sending to other email addresses
Hello ppl.. My WebApp sends emails to a series of email addresses without any problem... the problem is that when i send a email to a series of email addresses which contains a non existing email account... the email doesn't go at all.. Do you know what's the problem and what can be the resolution? Thanks in advance Bracoute How are you running the email process? Is it running in multiple threads so that more than 1 is sending at a time? If not, this should take care of that. Perhaps checking the email addresses for validation before allowing them to be entered into the databas...

How to get IP address using Email Address
Hi, I want to know that how can i get actual IP address of a person who is using the email address like gmail, yahoo, msn, etc. If user enter the email address of the any person, it should return the actual IP Address of that person computer which is he connect. Is this possible? Any reference will be apperciated. Guide me............  This is not possible because email address is not related with IP address, Domain names are Mohamed Abb@s------------------------Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post(s) which helps you ! Threre's no correlation between IP...

EMail address removed from address book remains when I send EMail to a list
I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list. An address I removed from a mailing list remains when I send EMail to a list. Consequently unwanted mail is sent and I receive bounce messages in return - - since it is no longer valid. What is required to remove an entry from a mailing list and rely that it won't be included as if I had not removed it? -- Regards, TOM BLACKWELL TOM BLACKWELL wrote: > > I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list. > > An ad...

Web resources about - hide email addresses from email after using smtp.send() - asp.net.getting-started

Postal addresses in the Republic of Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ireland is one of the few countries in the world, and the only EU country, that does not have a Postal code system. As of 2012, the Irish Government ...

How To: (Possibly) Restore Your Contacts After The Switch To Facebook.com Email Addresses
Still having issues with lost contacts following Facebook’s recent controversial move to make Facebook.com email addresses the default emails ...

Facebook Users Can Now Opt Into Letting Friends Export Their Email Addresses via Download Your Information ...
Previously, Facebook's Download Your Information tool let users export an archive of their status updates, photos, as well as a list of friends' ...

IPCC Chair Addresses Summit on Climate Change - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Rajendra Pachauri, Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), addresses the opening plenary session of the Summit on Climate ...

Steve Jobs addresses Cupertino City Council - YouTube
Steve Jobs addresses Cupertino City Council

Premier addresses LNP poll result at American Chamber of Commerce event
Annastacia Palaszczuk's 'funny story' about being mistaken for an actor fell flat during her address to the American Chamber of Commerce (Queensland). ...

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Addresses VP Exodus
Several prominent Twitter executives recently left the company, including senior vice president of product Kevin Weil — a key member of the Project ...

Ben Carson Addresses Cruz Tactics in Iowa: ‘By Their Fruit You Will Know Them’
Ben Carson Addresses Cruz Tactics in Iowa: 'By Their Fruit You Will Know Them'

Hillary Clinton addresses lack of diversity at Oscars
The Democratic presidential contender was asked what she thinks of the controversy

Chipotle addresses multiple illness culprits
Sick employees, problematic tomatoes and an unknown ingredient all plagued Chipotle safety last year.