Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit

I just made my first custom module for the Portal.  As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error:

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get ArticlesDB into the namespace correctly. The following is the first couple of lines for my ArticlesDB class. Anyone see anything wrong?
Thanks in advance!
Jon
using System;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Data;
using System.Data.SqlClient;
namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal {
//*********************************************************************
//
// ArticlesDB Class
//
// Class that encapsulates all data logic necessary to add/query/delete
// articles within the Portal database.
//
//*********************************************************************
public class ArticlesDB {
0
sawzall710

Help getting portal registration info into custom module.
Hi, Can anyone tell me an easy way to reference the user registration info of a logged-in user in another custom module.I successfully created my custom module following a step-by-step, to capture additional custom registration data to pass onto another database.  The problem is I also need the portal registration data to pass along as well.I have tried copyping the code from the page that you would update user info, but it blows up on me.  I simply need to add references to populate those fields just the way that user.ascx does.Thanks in advance!-Matt Use the UserInfo object.. U...

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

How to get started with this starter kit
I' m a newbie n really do not know how to proceed. Is there any documents r tutorials related to this kit other than the book, so that I can quick start now untill I purchase the book. I have downloaded the .zip file and opened it in Visual Studio 2008 with the version selector. The problem is one of the file called TBH_Deploy.wdproj could not be opened as it is not supported in this version. How to get rid of this error. Could anyone please help me out.   Thanks in advance Priya You need Web Deployment Projects for Visual Studio 2008 for that project to compile. Download and...

Customizing Portal Starter Kit
Hello, everybody Could anyone tell me if do I necessary need to have Visual Studio .Net to compile the *.vb component files to create the ASPPortal.dll or is there other way (program - vs 6?) to do it? Thank You, Hi, Yes,you need to have a Visual Studio.Net and Portal VBVS version to be able to compile or just see/change the sourse code of the software. Alex. Uh no, you dont need visual studio. Download the SDK version and use the framework sdk's commandline tools and your favorite editor.. Better yet get the free .NET editor right off the home page of ASP.NET excus...

Help understanding module-starter aka Module::Starter
Hi, I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it up. I think I understand all the files it created except one: t/boilerplate.t What does it do? -- Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth, Shawn Programming is as much about organization and communication as it is about coding. My favourite four-letter word is "Done!" On Jul 30, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Shawn H. Corey wrote: > Hi, > > I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it > up. I think I understand all the files it created except...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

Customization of Starter Kit / Help Request
Hi there, I understand it uses SQL Server for it's Data Store. Would it be hard for me to modify it so that it uses MS Access instead? ----------------- or better yet would be greatly appreciated if someone and point me to a tutorial or briefly explain how to do the following. 1) Data Grid / List to display item description + Images [ similar to the starter kit ] using ASP.net / VB.net. User able to click on the item to display more info 2) How do "send" stuff something like "http://www.xxx.net/xxx/AddPost.aspx?tabindex=1&ForumID=84" the part where...

getting started with community starter kit
Hi I have just installed the community starter kit and i am very lost in the ocean. Basically i am looking for the files involved in the registration form of the community, and i cant find any in the solution provided. Where shd i look for users_registrationform.ascx and corresponding aspx. I cud only see register.cs and registerform.cs and i am vey handicapped with this only. am also looking for a way to prevent the redirection to the homepage the mmt user clicks on "register" button.. but i am not aware how to modify this below to achieve my purpose : if (result >...

How to get started writing Custom Modules?
Can someone point me in the direction to a step-by-step guide my writing my own custom modules for DNN 3.1.1?My background is ASP VBScript.Thanks check out the videos on dotnetnuke.com by seabury design.  Top notch, plus they are free.Cheersmidspot Awesome. Thanks for the tip....

HELP: How to get personal starter kit to work?
am new... i have MVS2005 i am running msql 2000 and i downloaded the personal starter kit and ran the pers.vsi and that installed the files on a directory... i am running winxp asp.net 2.0 what would be my next step am completely lost... or can someone point me in the right direction....thanx... I have not used the Personal Site Kit with VS2005, only VWD Express 2005. In VWD, after installing the pers.vsi, the next step is to click the New Web Site option on the File menu. You should look at options for types of new projects to create from the File menu. I would guess you will find ...

help me out in Portal Starter Kit 1.1
hello friends ,I am referring Portal Starter Kit 1.1 , I am confused when i sawcode page PortalCfg.cs ,//------------------------------------------------------------------------------// <autogenerated>// This code was generated by a tool.// Runtime Version: 1.0.3705.209//// Changes to this file may cause incorrect behavior and will be lost if// the code is regenerated.// </autogenerated>//------------------------------------------------------------------------------this mean all 2260 line of code generated by tool automatically ???i want to make application like postal kit , but ...

Null Reference with Portal starter kit.....help....!
I am getting a null reference with this line of code: ViewState["UrlReferrer"] = Request.UrlReferrer.ToString(); I am not clear on why this happens b/c this code should simply assign the url of the page you come from to the value "UrlReferrer". Any advice? Anyone else had this problem? Installation was fine, db is intact. -Brian "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda If you have a software firewall such as Norton Internet Security you need to turn it off......

Web resources about - Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit - asp.net.getting-started

Zvezda (ISS module) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
27,743.8 kilometres per hour (17,239.2 mph) Zvezda ( Russian : Звезда , meaning "star"), DOS-8 , also known as the Zvezda Service Module , is ...

Popular Xposed module GravityBox now supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Be sure that whenever the Xposed framework is updated to support a new Android version, the popular module GravityBox is to follow. It has been ...

Samsung's first 128 GB DDR4 RAM modules for servers go into production
Samsung has announced that it is starting mass production of the industry’s first "through silicon via" (TSV) 128GB DDR4 memory modules for high-end ...

JA Solar Delivers Modules To Largest Solar Power Project In Philippines
One of the largest Chinese module manufacturers, JA Solar, announced that it has completed delivery of 92.5 MW solar PV modules in mid-October ...

China PV module makers eyeing India market
China makers whose PV modules may not be able to meet the government's procurement requirement are looking to ship their products to India, which ...

Intel throws its tiny Curie module in an Arduino board
The low-power Curie from Intel helps developers quickly prototype a device with turn-key access to Bluetooth, a six-axis sensor with gyroscope ...

Intel Unveils Arduino Development Board Featuring Curie Module
The board, which will be called Arduino 101 in the United States, will be marketed to students in elementary and secondary schools.

This Is What the Orion Service Module's Propulsion System Looks Like
... You’re looking at a model—though sadly, not a working one—of the propulsion systems that will power the Orion European Service Module (ESM). ...

The Latest, Best WiFi Module Has Been Announced
... ago, a new product was released onto the vast, vast marketplace of cheap electronics. It was the ESP8266, and this tiny and cheap WiFi module ...

Cops say head of al Qaeda in India caught, module busted
An active module of international terror network al Qaeda was busted with the arrest of Mohammed Asif, the head of its India operations, in the ...