Help with a Help application

 Hello

I am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.

Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.

Please let me know which products I can look at.

Thanks!

0
indyanguy

what I did:

I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the masterpage

function aide()
        {
               var haut;
               var large;
               var left;
               var path = window.location.pathname;
               var pathTab = path.split("/")
               var truePath;
               var count;
               for (count=1; count<10; count++)
               {
                if (pathTab[count].match(".aspx"))
                {
                    path = pathTab[count];
                    path = path + ".html";
                    break;
                }
               }
               //The path of my help files...I named my help files as my aspx pages
               truePath ='../Help/' + path;
               window.self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth * 0.75,screen.availHeight);
               window.self.moveTo(0,0);
               large = screen.availWidth * 0.25;
               left = screen.availWidth - large
               haut = screen.availHeight;
               window.open(truePath,'HelpOnLine','left=' + left + ',top=0,width=' + large + ',height=' + haut + ',toolbar=no,resizable=yes,fullscreen=no,scrollbars=yes,directories=no,menubar=no,status=no,location=no');

        }
to add new help files...I use FREE TEXT BOX....that allow to edit text in html format...and some code to save the file in Help folder at the root of my application...if you need it...i can send the code
 Regards,
Kotor2000
0
kotor2000
11/29/2007 4:33:41 PM

 Thanks everyone. Yes, we already use the master page way of showing the help. The problem is for any new page that is created, a developer has to create the help file. We would like an external department that is not tech savvy to do it. We would need an application that easily integrates with our existing web app from files that are created by this external department.

A quick google search revealed an adobe product called RoboHelp. I am researching this product more. Any inputs are appreciated?

0
indyanguy
11/29/2007 5:49:03 PM

I store the path of all my form in a database with a name...I have two dropdown list...one listing forms already having an help file, the other all my forms...

The user write his help in the control FREE TEXT BOX that generate html files with an interface similar to word...

Then the user choose the form to associates with the help file and save it...the code save the info in the database (for the maintenance) and the file is saved in my help folder...

With the first drowdown list, the user can choose and edit help files that already exist...

works very well...

Regards,

Kotor2000
0
kotor2000

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

help help help
after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running well but unluckily it cannot start the adaptive server when installing but backupserver and XP server can install and start it Building Adaptive Server "abc", unable to boot server "abc" server "abc" was not connected anyone can help me Was an errorlog created for this ASE in the ASE install directory? If so, what does it say? Zidane wrote: > after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running > well > but unluckily it cannot st...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

help!help!help!
Sorry to re-post again, Hi, Dean : 1. Are you dialing an ISP or dialing modem pool in side the company? I am dailing an ISP. Because some of my client use this way. 2. Is the Jag server behind a firewall? No, there is no Firwall. 3. Do you have a proxy for the remote component? Yes. 4. What is the syntax of createinstance? ls_class = "p_packagename/n_cst_logon" if not isvalid(inv_logon) then ll_return = g_connect.CreateInstance(inv_logon,ls_class) if ll_return <> 0 then ls_return = ...

Web resources about - Help with a Help application - asp.net.getting-started

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...