Help!! Problem accessing a WORD file in web server using C#.NET

Hi experts,

I am trying to open the content of a WORD file from C#.NET which resides in the REMOTE SERVER, however I get an error:
"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Server execution failed"
when declaring new Word.ApplicationClass().

string fileName = this.btnWorkOrder1.Value;
object readOnly = false;
object isVisible = false;
object saveChanges = false;
object missing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;
object dynamic = 2;

//error here:
Word.ApplicationClass oWordApp = new Word.ApplicationClass();

Word.Document oWordDoc = oWordApp.Documents.Open(ref file, ref missing, ref readOnly,  ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing,
ref missing, ref missing, ref isVisible);

Does anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks alot..

Handy Mulia

0
handymulia

getting access to VSTS server using .net,c#
Hi all, is their any possible method in which i can read visual studio team system "VSTS" server, and get to know the list of all the files checkout in the server using asp.net,c#. my main requirement is i have a "VSTS" server and a login user, i need to get the list of all the files thats checkout by the particular user and generate a report using asp.net c#, pls let me know any clue on this, its very urgent thanks in advanceRamesh SDELL,Bangalore, Koramangala,IndiaPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does ...

Smart Device Application for file transfer to a remote server in .Net Compact Framework (Using Visual Studio.Net 2003,C# code)
Dear all, We are developing a smart device application (using C# code) for .Net Compact Framework where we need to write a programme in C# code to transfer a file from mobile device to remote server/machine.Can anyony help us regarding this aaplication.If you have already done this or you find any article/link regarding to this application then please let me know about that. My mail id : anirbandas.ju@gmail.com Looking forward for your reply soon. Regards Anirban   hi hav u got any solution , becoz i too need. plz share with me...

How can I use c# 's project web server control on a vb.net project....Help Please
Hi       I am using a server control in a C# project in an aspx file. It works fine when I use that in that same c# project. But when I import the assembly into a vb project and place the control on the page. Its giving me a System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error message. Please help me with it, I cant even debug it as soon as I land on the aspx page this error appears. Please help me in getting through with this message. I have spend two days working on it. Its giving me an error message on this line this.t...

Keep getting..."Unable to get project file from server",when using vs.net
When trying to open any existing asp.net project in Visual Studio it keeps giving me the message above. It is also throwing an error when I create the project in the first place, it happens when a dos window is opened, the text in the dos window is running "Common Language Runtime Minidump Utility version 1.0.3705.0" and then VS craps out says there was an error and shuts down. I've re-installed the .net components and framework with no avail, and FrontPage extensions etc.. are all installed. I'm running XP professional and have installed IIS 5.1. This is driving me fec...

connection Mysql C#.net in web.config problem help
 webconfig this code <connectionStrings> <add name="planku" connectionString="Server=localhost;user id=root;password=;database=planku;" providerName="mysql.data.mysqlclient"/></connectionStrings> <system.web><sessionState timeout="60" cookieless="AutoDetect" regenerateExpiredSessionId="true"/> <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true"><assemblies> <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, Publ...

Problem when get data from Excel file using ADO.NET
THIS IS MY CODE Private Sub GetDataFromXLS() Dim strConn As String Dim objConn As OleDbConnection Dim sql As String strConn = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " & _ "Data Source=C:\Data.xls;" & _ "Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;" objConn = New OleDbConnection(strConn) objConn.Open() sql = "SELECT ProductCode, ProductName FROM [Data$]" '-Data is name of sheet in Data.xls. Dim objComm...

Problem with using custom web server control in C# file
 Hi guys,  I'm getting compilation errors when I try accessing a ASCX custom web server control in a C# source file that's not a code-behind file for a ASPX page. The ASCX control's name is "AutoFilledInputBox", and in the C# source file (named "ApplyPage.cs" in the App_Code directory), I'm trying to access via statements like: submitRequest(AutoFilledInputBox autofill_box) { string name = autofill_box.getName(); string age = autofill_box.getAge(); ...} The "AutoFilledInputBox" ASCX control has a .ascx.cs code-behind f...

Web resources about - Help!! Problem accessing a WORD file in web server using C#.NET - asp.net.getting-started

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...