Help im geting error Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

 Help im geting error Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

How ca i get this to work

Protected Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

AccessDataSource1.UpdateCommand = "UPDATE `myguestbook` SET `author` = ?, `subject` = ?, `comments` = ? WHERE `PrimaryKey` = ?"

Dim author As New ControlParameter("author", "TextBox1", "Text")

AccessDataSource1.UpdateParameters.Add(author)

Dim subject As New ControlParameter("subject", "TextBox2", "Text")

AccessDataSource1.UpdateParameters.Add(subject)

Dim comments As New ControlParameter("comments", "TextBox3", "Text")

AccessDataSource1.UpdateParameters.Add(comments)

Dim PrimaryKey As New ControlParameter("PrimaryKey", "TextBox4", "Text")

AccessDataSource1.UpdateParameters.Add(PrimaryKey)

Try

AccessDataSource1.Update()

Finally

Button2.Visible = True

Label2.Visible = True

TextBox4.Text = ""

End Try

End Sub

akemp

 Hi

Please check the following line in your code:

Dim PrimaryKey As New ControlParameter("PrimaryKey", "TextBox4", "Text")

 Verify that the if the data type of the PrimaryKey column is really TEXT. It might be integer that's why your are getting this error. Change this to integer if it is not text and that might solve the problem.

Please mark as answer if it helped.

Please Mark AS Answer if it helped.
Regards
ADEEL EHSAN
0
adeelehsan
12/17/2008 12:35:31 PM

 hi ur primary field must be integer or numeric and ur passing string , write code like this

AccessDataSource1.UpdateParameters.Add(Convert.ToInt32( PrimaryKey))

Don't say thanks rather mark my reply as "Answer" if it helps you ,Doing so u'll get points too
amiT jaiN

C#.NET Articles
0
amit

Help with error: Data type mismatch in criteria expression
I have the following as part of a class I created to write and read to various .mdbs used at the school where I work:<code>    Function WriteDiscipline(ByVal FacID As String, ByVal HeadID As Long, _                ByVal StuID As String, ByVal DCode As String, _                ByVal InfracDate As Date) As Integer        Dim cmdSQL As New OleDbCommand       ...

Getting a "Data type mismatch in criteria expression" error when filling a Dataset
cn = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\websites\\budinger\\App_Data\\budinger.mdb;Persist Security Info=True");  da = new OleDbDataAdapter(strSQL, cn); cn.Open();DataSet ds = new DataSet();   da.Fill(ds); This is where i get the error. cn.Close(); obj = (Object)ds;  I can still execute a Your data adapter needs a select command, and we will probably need to see the command text / stored procedure to help you solve the problem....

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Data type mismatch in criteria expression. HELP ME :)
Hellothis is my select code1 Dim ConnString1 As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|Nwind2003(Good).mdb" 2 Dim sqlstring3 As String = "SELECT * FROM customers WHERE CustomerID= '" & CustomerID & "'" 3 Dim conn2 As New OleDbConnection(ConnString1)4 Dim cmd2 As New OleDbCommand(sqlstring3, conn2)5 cmd2.CommandType = CommandType.Text6 Response.Write(sqlstring3)7 8 conn2.Open()9 Dim reader As OleDbDataReader = cmd2.ExecuteRe...

Data Type Mismatch in criteria Expression, Help~
Error in Explorer: Data type mismatch in criteria expression. Following codings: Dim lowestPrice As Double Dim highestPrice As Double lowestPrice = FormatCurrency(txtLow.Text, 2) highestPrice = FormatCurrency(txtHigh.Text, 2) lblLabel.Text = lowestPrice .. .. "UNION " & _ "SELECT p.ProductID, p.ProductTitle FROM Product p " & _ "WHERE (p.Price > '" & FormatCurrency(lowestPrice, 2) & "' AND p.Price < '" & FormatCurrency(highestPrice, 2) & "') " & _ "ORDER ...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression HELP!!!
Hi, Ive got the following problem, i keep on getting the following error Data type mismatch in criteria expression But when i change the value in the database table to Number and the value of strID to Int it works fine, but when i change the database table to text, and declare strID as a string it gives the message when i click on edit, i dont understand why as if it works for int is should work as string. any help would be greatly appreciated.. the error gives the following line as being responsible for the error Line 43: objDR=Cmd.ExecuteReader(system.data.Command...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression. error
hi im creating 2 random numbers, matching one of them (i) to the QuestionsNo column in my database, and then making it display the whole record. but i keep getting the "Data type mismatch in criteria expression." error. can anyone see where im going wrong in this?? _______________________________________________________________________ Dim i,j as integer Randomize i = CInt(Int((10 * Rnd()) + 1)) j = CInt(Int((10 * Rnd()) + 1)) example.InnerHtml = "Random Number : " & i example1.InnerHtml = "Random Number : " & j...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression HELP PLEASE
Hi im having a small problem, The problem is when i have my database table feild changed to a string and i declare strID as a string it gives the following error Data type mismatch in criteria expression but when the database table feild is changed to number and strID is declared as integer is works fine, no problems, i cant understand why it wont work when its changed to string, i would leave it as an integer but the rest of the system needs the database table feild to be a string Any help at all as to why it causing this prob...

Error Datagrid : Data type mismatch in criteria expression
I have the code below whitch N° RMO is a int field in my Table Batiment. If I execute I have the error Data type mismatch in criteria expression in the line : OloDBDataAdapter adapter = new OleDbDataAdapter("Select * From Batiment where [N° RMO]='"+nc+"'",oleDbConnection1); Please help me. int nc=12; oleDbConnection1.Open(); DataSet dbat =new DataSet(); OloDBDataAdapter adapter = new OleDbDataAdapter("Select * From Batiment where [N° RMO]='"+nc+"'",oleDbConnection1); adapter.Fill(dbat,"Batiment&...

Help needed / Data type mismatch in criteria expression.
Hi folks, I'm writing a .NET page using VB, attached to an Access database. I've run into the dreaded "Data type mismatch in criteria expression." error. I've reviewed what seems like hundreds of post on the same topic here, and as much as it galls me, I can't seem to figure out where the problem lies. I'm calling a parameterized query when a user selects a value from a listbox. As soon as this happens, I get two data type mismatch errors. 1        Sub lstCategories_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal s As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Ha...

Error: Data type mismatch in criteria expression. Dealing with Insert statement
Every time I try enter this into the access database, I get the error    Data type mismatch in criteria expression. And it only seems to happen when I try to add "restore," when I dont' have this it works better. Restore is set to Yes/No in the access database. Do all of the field need to have something inserted even if I  want the field left blank. //you have to put square bracket around reserved words..."size" is a reserved word.     objCmd = new OleDbCommand("INSERT INTO backup (jobNum, [size], urgency, restore) VALUES (@jobNum, @size, @urge...

"Data type mismatch in criteria expression" error when entering a date
I am having a very infuriating problem when trying to write dates to an access database.Everythime i try and add a new record I get this error back: "Data type mismatch in criteria expression." I am inputting the data correctly, the correct date format for the access fields etc but it doesnt like it. This is my code:    <%   Dim StartDate, EndDate, DepositAmount, DailyRate, data_source, con, sql_insert   Function ChkString(string)   If string = "" Then string = " "   ChkString = Replace(string, ...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression error when hit adp.Fill(tempDt)
Hi all, I was using the following code to get the data out from the excel file and try to do some checking and will insert or update into the oracle database base on the whether is it exist in the database. But it will always show me this error ' Data type mismatch in criteria expression.' when it hit 'adp.Fill(tempDt) '. How to solve this error?   strIN = "(" For Each key As Object In htUser.Keys Dim EE_No As String = CStr(key) If EE_No.Substring(0, 1) = "0" Then EE_No = EE_No.Substring(1, 4) End If strIN &= "'" & EE_No.ToUpper().Replace("'", "''") & "',...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression error when using a DetailsView control in VWD2005 on access DB
I have a Yes/No field in an Access 2000 db that im using to show a simple yes/no checkbox on a web form in VWD2005. When I click the insert link, Im getting the error "Data type mismatch in criteria expression". I believe this is because the form is giving ADO.NET true/false instead of yes or no. Is this correct? And how do I make it so Access will accept the input from a checkbox in a detailsview control? Thanks! -Matt Yes you are correct. The check box checked is a boolean value that is 1 if true and 0 if false. You can hardcode the yes/no in the insert command just pu...

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Data type mismatch in criteria expression.
Hi Forum, I have a login script working using text as password, i want to change this to a number, format (000) 000-000, when i submit 025987654 which is formated (025) 987-654 in a field im receiving; Data type mismatch in criteria expression. Any help out there!!! Thanks Paul if the password is truly a number, then you need to drop the quotes from around it when you build the sql statement i.e. select * from tblUser WHERE Password=025987654 and NOT select * from tblUser WHERE Password='025987654' Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? T...

Web resources about - Help im geting error Data type mismatch in criteria expression. - asp.net.getting-started

Expression (sign language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Signs with two different expressions. The pursed lips and partly closed eyes on the left, and raised lip on the right, are necessary for proper ...

Fighting abuse to protect freedom of expression
We believe that protection from abuse and harassment is a vital part of empowering people to freely express themselves on Twitter. Today, as ...

Joe Rogan's Facial Expression After Ronda Rousey Got Knocked Out Was Priceless - Bleacher Report
Joe Rogan 's face spoke for us all Saturday night. After UFC superstar Ronda Rousey got knocked out by a lethal kick from Holly Holm, the commentator ...

Jack Dorsey: 'Twitter stands for freedom of expression'
Newly-instated CEO Jack Dorsey laid out Twitter's commitment to open dialogue, in a keynote on stage at today's Twitter Flight developer conference ...

Make your technology a force for musical expression with this digital guitar
Computers, tablets, even iPhones have grown into powerful tools for music making, but for many who play guitar the bridge from analog instrument ...

Computers learn how to spot hidden facial expressions
Machines are good at spotting obvious emotions like smiles, but they're not so hot at detecting the extremely brief microexpressions that reveal ...

Turkey's YouTube Ban Violated Freedom Of Expression, European Court Rules
A YouTube ban in Turkey that lasted two years has now been ruled a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights. Back in 2008, a Turkish ...

Redbubble, A Profitable Channel For Artistic Expression
There is a growing movement of people who never want to follow a trend. Instead they embrace their own creative self-expression and are just ...

Smile!: Impressive Real-Time Facial Expression Transfer
This is a video from Stanford University of a system developed to transfer one person's facial expressions in real time to a live video feed ...

How Facial Recognition Uses Super-Simple Patterns to Understand Your Expression
Facial recognition systems use all kinds of clever software to work out who you are and even how you’re feeling. But in this video explainer, ...