GridView's data sent to another GridView control on another page

I'm trying to get send a Gridview1 control's DATA on page1.aspx to Griedview2 on page1.aspx. I tried adding to a session varible like so:

page1.aspx
Session["gridsData"] = GridView1;

page2.aspx
if (Session["gridsData"] != null)
{
    GridView2 = ( GridView )Session["gridsData"];
}

When page2.aspx loads, GridView2 does not display data. There is data there, because it is NOT null in the conditional statement. Is this the best solution??

Thank you,

Edski

0
edski

Use the data itself, not the Gridview, also, I would use the cache object instead of session

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind

display a gridview's data as it is in another gridview data
Hi all, Following is my requirement  I have 2 pages..in one page i have placed the gridview control and binding in following way I am binding using Dataset to gridviewGridview1.DataSource = ds.Tables["Data"]; Gridview1.DataBind(); Now in the 2nd page..i need to display as it is data present in gridview of the first page but my gridview in the 2nd page will be like Gridview myGrid=new Gridview(); For this grid i need to show the data of gridview present in 1st page... I don't want to keep the dataset in session and pass it to next page and bind it overthere.....

Help with copying data from one gridview to another gridview on another page
Hello,I have a page, frmJobListings.aspx, with a data grid that is populated with data from a table called, tblJobPostings.  I would like to copy all rows of data from three of the columns, JobRefNum, JobRequirements, and JobTitle on the page and populate a datagrid on another page called, frmJobDetails when I click on a button called, btnJobDetailBuilder. Problem: When I click on the btnJobDetailBuilder the page frmJobDetails opens but does not display the datagrid, errors, or any information.  I know that I need to do a data bind, but not sure if or how to databind to the 'Re...

gridview control in another gridview control
Hi ia have a questioni have a gridview control which contains button in one colum.now my question is i need another gridview to be placed in the  first gidviewso that when i click on the button the second gridview will populate the data.now my question is how to place second gridview in first gridview.or is there any approach like first grid itself acting as parent and child.please help me  Hi sirikalavalapalli:                I think nested gridview will help you. Check this link and it will show you how...

Getting data from selected gridview to another gridview
hello, can anyone help me with this problem? this is the situation: i have a gridview(gridview1) connected to a sqldatasource of unverifiedrecord table, and it has a select button. what i'm trying to do is whenever I select an item in gridview1, another gridview (gridview2) will show up showing all posible matches of selected item in gridview1. . gridview2 is connected with sqldatasource but in different table, theorginalrecord, The two tables contains same columns execpt for their ID(gridview1 has AlumniID and 2nd has SubmittedID) thank you in advance... I know below l...

get data from Gridview in one page to textboxes in another page.
 Hi here iam having Gridview in one page .it is binded to some data.I used querystring to transfer data from Gridview to Textboxes in next page.now my question is i want to edit the textboxes and make changes reflect in database.i edited the textboxes by just deleting the value in Textbox and entering new value.but The changes i made to textboxes are not reflected at runtime.When i debug the codeThe values in TextBox are previous values. The changed values are not reflected.because of that iam not able to update the database.Is there property for textbox to take place the changes i made...

What's wrong with DataBind() in GridView control? The data in GridView can't be updated when the datasource have changed!
What's wrong with DataBind() in GridView control? The data in GridView can't be updated when the datasource have changed! I bind the different datasource to the Gridview when I change the node of TreeView, the GridView control always display the same data when I click different the node of TreeView control,why?but I can get the different data in GridView when I click the Button1 or Button2. //-------------------Program Code (You may save it as a ASPX file and run it)--------------------------------<%@ Page Language="C#" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http:/...

Gridview control embedded in another gridview control
I am writing an ambulance crew scheduling application on the web and I need some help completing the last part.  I have an access database that has three tables: user table, shift table (describing the shifts available), and a schedule table (that stores shift by shift_id and user by user_id).  I have a gridview control that will display the available shifts but I cannot get the embedded gridview control that will display the user that is signed up for each shift to display because I cannot figure out how to use the OnRowDataBound method.  I need a simple VB example of how to...

solution for getting postback data in gridview in PopupControlExtender in another gridview
 hello everybody. I have a gridview having linkbutton inside template columns based on clicking a linkbutton some data to be fetched and to be displayed in an internal gridview(inside template field)in PopupControlExtender. i was trying a lot but spite of existance of data,the internal gridview (inside PopupControlExtender) does not being displayed .any help will be greate appriciatable ......thanking u all..... Hi, Thank you for your post! I think it is an issue abot nested gridview and updatepanel. The following example includes a GridView control inside an Updat...

solution for getting data after postback in gridview in PopupControlExtender in another gridview
hello everybody. I have a gridview having linkbutton inside template columns based on clicking a linkbutton some data to be fetched and to be displayed in an internal gridview(inside template field)in popupextendercontrol. i was trying a lot but spite of existance of data,the internal gridview (inside popupextendercontrol) does not being displayed . any help will be greate appriciatable ...... thanking u all Hi, Thank you for your post! I have answered this question at http://forums.asp.net/t/1214091.aspx ThanksSincerely,Jin-Yu YinMicrosoft Online Community...

How can I duplicate all of a GridView's templates to another GridView?
If I customize a GridView and change every template (eg. Item Template, Selected Item Template, Header, Footer, etc), how would i make another GridView use this same layout? Can you save a set of templates to a file?  That would be absolutely ideal... (eg. GridView.LoadTemplate('MyCompanyGridView.html'), or specify a property like <aspx:GridView Template="MyCompanyGridView.html">. Thanks for any help! You can create a theme for the Grid, but this will only apply to styles. If you want to template the columns, I would suggest writting a usercontrol w...

storing values of a modal popup's gridview in another gridview
HelloI have a gridview A which has a column... which is a templatefield... and in the footertemplate (Where i get my insert values) templatefield there is a linkbutton, a modalpanel and an image all in the same column). On firing the linkbutton, the modalpanel displays another gridview B in which the user can select pictures from this gridview with a select linkbutton.Now my question is how do I get the imageid out of the modalpanel gridview (B) and into the image field of the main gridview (A) when i click the select on one of the rows in the modal panel gridview (A)?I hope everyone underst...

How to use sqldatasource to display data on another web page?(gridview to gridview)
Hi, i am new here. i have problem using sqldatasource to display a selected indiviual data from a gridview to another page's gridview. I was told to use repeater but i am not taught before. I do know how to display on the page itself but not on the other page. Can anyone teach me how to do it? thks in advance:)  ...

problem in duplicating row from getting one gridview to another gridview in the same page
I am getting itemcode, itemdescription for the first gridview but I displays only item description on the gridview. Then I add items by using checkbox from the first gridview to another gridview on the same page. Then I used "Session". However when i choose the same item again, it will add new row in the second gridview. If it is same itemcode, it should overwrite. Can anyone pls help me. Here's an example for you: ASPX <%@ page language="C#" masterpagefile="~/MasterPages/Default.master" autoeventwireup="true" co...

storing values of a modal popup's gridview in another gridview
helloi have a gridview A which has a column... which is a templatefield... and in the footertemplate (Where i get my insert values) templatefield there is a linkbutton, a modalpanel and an image all in the same column). On firing the linkbutton, the modalpanel displays another gridview B in which the user can select pictures from this gridview with a select linkbutton.my question is how do i get the imageid out of the modal panel gridview (B) and into the image field of the main gridview (A) when i click the select on one of the rows in the modal panel gridview (A)?i hope everyone understand...

Web resources about - GridView's data sent to another GridView control on another page - asp.net.getting-started