Getting started with JScript.NET

I'm a Javascript and Actionscript developer, and the thought of being able to do server-sides in something I know was too good to resist.

Does anyone know some good tutorials for developing ASP.NET pages in JScript?  I can find lots of console code, but simple things are hard: like I can't even figure out how to print something out to the web page (just a string).

What I'm really trying to do is access a database, verify a login, and print JSON out to the response.  What should I do to start?  Is there a better way to do this? (IE: using some JSON library already?).

I'm communicating with flash, so I can't use web controls or anything automatic like that.

Thanks!

~sean

0
seanhess

JScript is basically Microsofts Javascript.

J# (sharp) is something else entirely. It is a server side code language that would enable you to accomplish your goals - particulalry suited to ex Java developers. My advice would be to avoid it like the plague. Not because it doesn't work, but because all of us use VB.Net, C#, or both.

So take your pick of these two and dive in.

VB.Net probably has the easier learning curve, but this depends on your experience and familiarity with C style code syntax etc.

JScript definition

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154585

Rgds,
Martin.

For the benefit of all users please mark any post answers as appropriate.
0
mokeefe
4/11/2007 3:41:38 AM

Thanks mokeefe for sharing your ideas.

hi seanhess, jscript is client script and J# is used to do server side coding. these two are completely different.

as per my suggestion do't use jscript beacuse this jscript client side script is not supported by all the browsers available in market.

use javascript instead of jscript. javascript is supported by all the browers.

Please mark as answer if my post is useful and Please correct me if I am wrong anything here.
0
duttavr

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started .net website

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

Getting started with .net mobile/wireless application programming
Hi friends, I am very much amateur to the world of mobile/wireless application programming that's why m is having thousands of doubts and confusion regarding the technology. My first few concerns about the terms i.e. mobile web applications vs. windows mobile applications first thing are these 2 things are same if not what are the main differences. I hope you will also show me some light how to move further ahead in this field as i m having small exp approx. 1.5 yrs in Asp.net application. Any help in the form of links, URL, code will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

getting started with jscript
i m trying to make a digital clock whose code is given on http://www.techxcel.com/content/view/55/29/ i havent use jscript yet . please tell me steps about how to create this clock by using jscript.i have VWD 2005 express installed ,plz do tell me that for jscript i need to install additional plugins or not. thaks for ur considerationFailure is not but aiming Low is a Crime.Ahmed Bilal JanUniversity of Engg and Tecnhnology,TaxilaPakistan. Just paste this into a blank .html file.  You don't even need VWD, just make a new html file with notepad, paste this in and save...

Getting 3.1 to start in debug mode in vs.net 2003.
  Hi All, I have a run time version of dnn installed and working at D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke on my laptop. I want to be able to learn how to write DNN modules etc and so I have installed the source code in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\. I set the debug flag in web.config to yes..... as in the lines.. <!-- set debugmode to false for running application --> <compilation debug="true" /> I updated the solution file D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All to look at localhost/dotnetnuke3100 which is my source code version. I have created the...

Truely just getting started, so where should I start?
I've already been working a thread on a good reference/learning book.  but truely I'm just getting started.  I've a background with HTML and some CSS But this is my first foray into any sort of application language.  I've had an interest in PHP and ASP but have only recently started to make the effort to learn.  I'm starting with the videos available here and they are great for learning the development application but I've not the programming background to easily absorb some of the more programming based processes.  I've no college resources where I'm at other than o...

Web resources about - Getting started with JScript.NET - asp.net.getting-started

President Obama on San Bernardino Shooting: ‘It Is Just Too Easy’ to Buy Guns
President Barack Obama said authorities do not yet know the motivations of the suspects who opened fire on a holiday party in San Bernardino ...

Marco Rubio Hits Donald Trump Over Israel
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio attacked GOP front-runner Donald Trump’s assertion that the Israeli people must be willing to sacrifice more for peace. ...

Speccy restores compatibility with Windows 10, supports latest Intel processors
Piriform has released Speccy 1.29 , a new version of its free Windows system information tool. The headline new feature in version 1.29 also ...

Mark Hamill Goes Undercover as Stormtrooper to Greet ‘Star Wars’ Fans on Hollywood Blvd.
Mark Hamill disguised himself as a stormtrooper and took to Hollywood Boulevard to tell fans that this is their last chance to win tickets for ...

Syrian activists react with dismay to UK decision to launch air strikes on ISIS
Many Syrian campaigners have expressed concern the bombing campaign will do little to hinder ISIS while others suggested it would drive new recruits ...

‘Batman Vs. Superman’ full-length trailer drops: this looks really stupid, right?
For the love of all that is holy, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice looks like an exquisite mess. To be fair, I’m sure it will make billions. ...

7 apps I really want to see on the new Apple TV
Theres plenty to choose from in the tvOS App Store for the new Apple TV, but the set-top box still hasnt become my absolute go-to device for ...

Russell Knox three off lead in South Africa
Scotsman Russell Knox three off lead in South Africa Scotsman A good effort for his first competitive outing in South Africa, it saw Knox ...

Climate Change Policy Should Start With Energy Efficiency
A new report explores the important role of energy efficiency in policies attempting to address global climate change. According to Yu Wang, ...

Africa Launches 300 GW Renewable Energy Initiative
The heads of state of African nations have launched the African Renewable Energy Initiative in an attempt to provide 300 GW of renewable energy. ...