Getting MAC address or Serial number of Hard disk

Hi,
 I would like to track whether my client come back my site or not. Is it possible to get MAC address or Serial Number of hard disk of client PC accessing our site?

Thanks
Tran Hong Quang
0
quanthvn

There is no direct way of doing this in ASP.NET. However, you could use WMI in ASP.NET, and I beleive WMI can tell you that information.
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones

How to get hard disk serial number for NT
For windows 95 and 98, I can use an API call 'GetVolumeInformationA' to get the hard disk number of a local hard-disk. However it does not work for NT 4.0 workstation and servers. The serial number returned is '0000-0000' which is incorrect. Please advice if there is another specific API call for getting serial number from a NT 4.0 workstation. Tilden That function is supposed to work on NT as well. However, the function itself has a bug with regard to reporting the serial number for remote drives. You might want to look at: http://support.microsoft.com...

How to get the hard disk serial number of a network drive?
I know that there is a function called 'GetVolumeInformationA' and with this funcion, I can get the serial number of a local drive. However when I change the local drive to network drive (say Z:) as below: lb_ret = GetVolumeInformationA("Z:\", VolName, Len(VolName), VolSerial, MCompLen, VolFlgs, VolFileSys, Len(VolFileSys)) 0 instead of a proper serial number is returned as the VolSerial. Please advise! Tilden Lau Doesn't the solution given for the local harddrive on wednesday work on the network? -Charles Tin wrote: > I know tha...

Need code to get hard disk serial number
Does anyone have a working piece of PowerScript code to read the hard disk volume serial number under Win95? This is the eight character string (such as '3733-1ED8') that you see when you run the ChkDsk command. Thanks in advance, Justin - Remove the X from my reply to address! - Justin Purington jnp@mottthehoople.mv.com - Use this API function GetVolumnInformationA( ) This function returns information about the harddrive. Global External Function: FUNCTION boolean GetVolumeInformation(ref string lpRootPathName,ref string lpVolumeNameBuffer,ulong nVolu...

Get Hard Disk Serial Number Delphi XE3
I have been using this great component from Devlib for many years in D7, D2010 and XE2 http://www.devlib.net/tgetdiskserial.htm The Delphi XE3 VCL installs without problem, but in an application the GetDiskSerial registrations are not recognised and Delphi... crashes (Close down)! They claim it works but not on my computer. Please install this and report if it works on your Delphi XE3 system? > {quote:title=Pieter van Wyk wrote:}{quote} > Please install this and report if it works on your Delphi XE3 system? I looked as far as the 'buy' button and just started laughing...

Get Hard disk serial no.
Hi, I have a requirement, where I need help. We are developing a VB application, where I need to avoid users from misusing the application. So we track the serial no of the hard disk on which he has installed the program. But the issue here is that we are not able to get the actual Harddisk number of the system from where we are running the application. We are making use of an OCX file and try to get the Serial No. This OCX returns the serial no of the hard disk on which the application is developed on. But if the same app is run from a differnt system as an exe, then it returns the sl...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Get MAC Address and IP number
Hi, All of us know how to get the MAC Address and IP number using Windows functions, because we have a lot of examples on internet. But now in Mac platform, how we can get this information too? Thanks in advance. Ralph Wesseling wrote: >> {quote:title=romulo nascimento wrote:}{quote} >> Hi, >> >> All of us know how to get the MAC Address and IP number using >> Windows functions, because we have a lot of examples on internet. >> But now in Mac platform, how we can get this information too? >> >> Thanks in advance. > > ...

Get Hard Drive Serial Number
Hi,Is it possible for me to get the hard drive serial number of the client's machine in my web application?Thanks I wouldn't think so, since ASP.Net is a server side language - and I would shudder with fear if this were actually possible.....David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when it applies) Yes, I am now realizing ...

Getting the FLoppy Disk Serial Number ?
Hi! How can I Get the floppy Serial Number ? I'm using the GetVolumeInfoA WIndows Api but even all drivers (A:,c:,cd-rom) always return 0 Declaring local external function FUNCTION boolean GetVolumeInformationA(ref string lpRootPathName,ref string lpVolumeNameBuffer,ulong nVolumeNameSize,ref ulong lpVolumeSerialNumber,ref ulong lpMaximumComponentLength,ref ulong lpFileSystemFlags,ref string lpFileSystemNameBuffer,ulong nFileSystemNameSize) Library "kernel32.dll" boolean rtn string lprootpathname = "a:" string lpVolumeNameBuffer = space(256)...

Get MAC Address and IP number
Hi All, Can we obtain de MAC Address and the IP number of the local machine use Indy Components? I want to get this information without using exclusive Windows functions. My problem is how to obtain this information on Mac OS X and iOS systems. Thanks. <romulo nascimento> wrote in message news:415847@forums.embarcadero.com... > Can we obtain de MAC Address and the IP number > of the local machine use Indy Components? MAC, no. MACs are not exposed in socket APIs. IP(s), yes. Use the LocalAddress and/or LocalAddresses properties, or the AddLocalAddressesToList()...

Get real serial no. for hard disk
Hi all how can I get the real serial no for hard disk, I know there is API function called GetVolumeInformation but I want the real serial no. how can I get it I am using PB11.5 and ASA11 thanks finestraco http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0214.html You will need to change the definition to GetVolumeInformationW instead of GetVolumeInformationA because PB 10+ is Unicode. -- Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <finestraco> wrote in message news:4c0a...

Getting the hard drive serial number
Is there an easy way to obtain the hard drive serial number (the factory ID, not the one created by windows). Thanks Michael Michael Gurnett <> wrote: >Is there an easy way to obtain the hard drive serial number (the factory ID, not the one created by windows). Google is your friend. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hard+drive+serial+number The only "easy" way would be to download a library that does it for you. http://www.diskserialnumber.com/ DiskID32: Code and interesting links near bottom of page http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.html ...

How to getting the Hard Disk Serial no? not the Volume Drive no!
Hi all, Any ideas to getting the physical Hard Disk Serial no? not the calling function GetVolumeInformation! Thanks~! > {quote:title=Kent Foong wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, Any ideas to getting the physical Hard Disk Serial no? > not the calling function GetVolumeInformation! A two-second Google search on "Delphi hard disk serial number" (without the quotes) found dozens of hits. Here's the first one: http://delphi.about.com/od/windowsshellapi/a/volumeserial.htm Kent Foong wrote: > Hi all, Any ideas to getting the physical Hard Disk Serial no? > not ...

The trick to get the real serial number of hard drive
I have just published a blog post about a solution that works both in XP and Vista under user account privilage without using P/Invoke. Everyone knows how to get serial number of hard drives but it took me over 50 hours to figure out how to do it in .Net without any user privilage problem. Here is the direct link to the blog entry. Happy Coding! Very cool stuff, you are to be commended for your hard work digging up these details and how to leverage them.Chris LoveASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications Not bad at all. Now, if you really want to take it to &q...

Web resources about - Getting MAC address or Serial number of Hard disk - asp.net.getting-started

Claims that Ted Cruz is not eligible are “pure speculation”
My interview on Iowa radio about the "natural born Citizen" controversy.

At least 13 dead, 14 wounded in attack, says Afghan official
At least 13 people have been killed and 14 wounded in a suicide attack at the home of a prominent politician in the increasingly volatile eastern ...

Green Bay Packers left scratching heads over coin toss, catch ruling in loss to Arizona Cardinals
A disputed coin toss and a catch controversy added spice to an already-dramatic NFC divisional playoff game Saturday night between the Cardinals ...

Daesh Massacres Up To 300 Near Syria’s Deir ez-Zor
Daesh militants have reportedly murdered scores of people in attacks on government-held areas near the Syrian city of Deir ez-Zor on Saturday. ...

10 things you didn't know about Tom Brady and Bill Belichick's 10 AFC championship games
With an easier-than-it-sounds 27-20 win over the Kansas City Chiefs, the New England Patriots find themselves back in the AFC championship ... ...

Nicole Kidman Mourns David Bowie on Set of 'Big Little Lies'
Nicole Kidman films a scene with Reese Witherspoon for their upcoming HBO series Big Little Lies on Saturday (January 16) in Los Angeles. The ...

Kylo Ren SNL Skit Shows The Latest Star Wars Villain on ‘Undercover Boss’
Adam Driver recently guest starred on Saturday Night Live and hilariously performed an “Undercover Boss” skit. Driver portrayed Kylo Ren going ...

FX CEO John Landgraf updates his forecast on 'too much TV,' talks Netflix
The man who ignited the “too much television” discussion six months ago has an update to his thoughts on the state of television.FX Chief Executive ...

Celine Dion's brother dies of cancer only days after her husband
Two days after Céline Dion's husband René Angélil died, it has emerged that her brother, Daniel Dion, also lost his battle with cancer. In a ...

Marine Corps releases names of missing Marines from crash
HONOLULU (AP) — The latest in the crash of two Marine helicopters off Hawaii (all times local):