Getting client machine name

Hi,

I can get the client's IP address with Request("REMOTE_HOST") but is there a way to get the client machine's NT name? (I know that the client will be Win 2000)
Thanks in advance,
Nic
0
NicButler

To get the IP use :
Request.UserHostAddress
To get the machine Name user :
Server.MachineName

Quicky
0
quicky
12/3/2003 1:38:32 PM
Nope, Server.MachineName gets the SERVER'S NAME, not the CLIENT'S...
0
NicButler
12/3/2003 2:53:28 PM
you could try

request.userhostname
i think that you have to enable reverse DNS lookups on your server so it will lookup the
DNS name by IP address.
0
ravy

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

How to get the clients Windows Machine Name?
Hi, Does anyone know which object I can use to obtain the workstations machine name that is visiting the web page? I know all users will be using Windows so this is not an issue. If their isn't a direct ASP Object, I will have to use WMI to obtain this. Cheers, Nick...

Approach to get the actual client IP and machine name
Hi everybody!!  I need to build a web app for an intranet. I have a very special requirement about audit... I need to store every action that the user does since he/she logs in to the the system and with the user name I need to store the client name and the user IP. The client name is required because the IPs are dynamic (the intranet uses a router thet gives dynamic IPs to the client). I have researched about how to get the user IP and client name (machine name) for several weeks (meanwhile I developed almost all the functionality of the site) without any look, I have tried every poss...

How can I get the client's machine name?
Hi, How can I get the machine name requesting my ASP.NET page? I know how to get the IP address. I'm interested in the machine name.Thanks,Sam You may try "Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER").ToString".This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Isn't that going to give me the server's name? I actually wanted to get the client machine's name -- the machine that requested the ASPX page.Thanks,Sam sometins you can't get the name of client machine ,but you can get the IP of it .use the IP Address to do something. assuming a valid ...

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

Getting Start With .net

Get machine name
Hello, I would like to get the machine name in PowerBuilder 9. How can i do this? Thanks On 15 Sep 2004 01:00:19 -0700, Jean-Louis CANTIN <jean-louis.cantin@jii.fr> wrote: >Hello, > >I would like to get the machine name in PowerBuilder 9. > >How can i do this? > >Thanks Ext Function function boolean GetComputerNameA(ref string lpBuffer, ref ulong nSize) library "KERNEL32.DLL" ------------- boolean rc string computer_name computer_name = space(16) rc = GetComputerNameA(computer_name, 16) Boris Gasin [TeamSybase...

how to get start with .NET

How to get machine name
I want to know about how we can get the machine name through some API's or some other way. I try to get machine name through GetComputerName and GetComputerNameEx Api's but the problem is that the system crashes when one of these Api was Called. Please give me some suggestion .I am waiting for ur reply. Thanks Regards Muhammad Ali Khan <Muhammad Ali Khan> wrote in message news:3fcd6a03.4516.846930886@sybase.com... > I want to know about how we can get the machine name through > some API's or some other way. > I try to get machine name through GetCo...

get rid of that ridiculous getting started bookmark
Name: DOCTOR Product: Firefox Summary: get rid of that ridiculous getting started bookmark Comments: Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.22 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

getting started in VS2005 C# which book should I get
Hello, I am getting started with VS2005, I have use VS2003 but not very much -(I did 4 small applications in it),  I am wondering which book you would recommend to learn the new features of VS2005, while learning more of C# programing in general There some links to good books in this thread i posted : http://forums.asp.net/thread/1489422.aspx Also these two make good reference material  Professional Visual Studio 2005 (Programmer to Programmer)   Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Unleashed  So far I recommend Wrox's C# 2005  Read the beginning chap...

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

JSP getting machine name and web app, component gettting package name
Hi! How can I have a JSP get the machine name of the server it is running on? Similiarly, how can the JSP find the name of the WebApplication it is running in? How can a component find out the name of the package it is contained in? Thanks! D In article <58127PGnCHA.329@forums.sybase.com>, daniel@N.0.S.P.A.M.infrontsoftware says... > Hi! > > Similiarly, how can the JSP find the name of the WebApplication it is > running in? Check out getRequestURL in HttpServletRequest API docs. > > How can a component find out the name of the packa...

Web resources about - Getting client machine name - asp.net.getting-started

Star Wars Bits: Pentatonix Covers Star Wars, Phasma Strikes a Pose, Google Gets the Force, and More
After the jump: Pentatonix does Star Wars at the American Music Awards. Who’s Simon Pegg playing in The Force Awakens ? Han and Leia get new ...

Carson joins Trump in claiming US Muslims cheered 9/11
Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson followed rival Donald Trump's lead Monday in saying he too saw a video of Arab Americans cheering ...

American Apparel Encourages Employees to Wear 'Ask Me to Take It All Off' Shirt on Black Friday
According to an anonymous source within the company, American Apparel has started scaling back up towards a sexier image—some aspects of which ...

Euric Cain: Suspect Arrested In Connection With Med Student Shooting
New Orlean authorities arrested a suspect today in connection to a Friday night shooting that left medical student Peter Gold in critical condition. ...

The Walking Dead Recap: Use the Stairway, Dummy!
OKAY, I'm happy that I was RIGHT about a certain character surviving, but after the jump, I'm gonna lose my GOT-DAMNED MIND over how it was done! ...

Square rolls out its new Apple Pay reader
You can now start using Apple Pay at independent shops across the country, if they are set up with Square’s newest device. On Monday, Square ...

Windows 10’s fall update is deleting certain apps without asking
Windows 10 is possibly making unwanted changes to your gaming rig. Microsoft’s first big update for its operating-system-as-a-service is deleting ...

Canada's Syrian refugee plan will keep out single men
Canada to refugees: Women and children only Single Syrian men seeking asylum will be out of luck when the Canadian government announces its ...

FAA Wants To Register Hobbyist Drones
It looks like the registration of drones is going to be a big thing now, even though you do not need to pay anyone to register your drone . Basically, ...

Thank you, 'Game of Thrones,' for coming clean about Jon Snow
To: David Benioff and Dan Weiss, Game of Thrones showrunners From: Your loyal, disgruntled audience Dear David, Dan, and the whole HBO team, ...