Getting back the values of dynamically created controls...

Hello,

If you have a set of input controls that have been generated dynamically, say from values in a database, and after building a form page with those inputs, you want to collect the values again and update the db. However, you don't know how many inputs there are going to be. How do you efficiently gather all the information from your controls given you dont know the ids or the types of the controls??? (Is this a case where you would want to store a couple delimited strings in the viewstate to keep track of the Ids and input types?)
Thanks...
0
jigster99

Actually, Just figured it out...   thanks..
0
jigster99

Get user input from dynamic created control, why i cant get the value???
Hi!, i was tried to dynamically generate some textboxes according the selected number in a dropdownlist, but when i need to get the user input from those textboxes.. i cant get at all!!, Can any1 guide me on tis? Below is my code.Basically, i have 1 dropdownlist (ddltbCount), 1 placeHolder(Pholder1), 1 button(btGetValue), i dont know y i cant post the html here... Private count As Integer = 1 Sub IterateThroughChildren(ByVal parent As Control) For Each c As Control In parent.Controls If c.GetType.ToString.Equals("System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox") AndAlso c.ID Is Nothing Then ' CType(c, T...

How to get the value of dynamically created text box which is created dynamically on click of button control.

Value of Control created dynamically is not getting populated on post back
Hi I am creating a table at run time. If I put some value to textbox, its not getting populated after post back. If I do it on Page onInit event everything works fine.. but I cant do this as I have to make rows on button click. The code is like this Sub MakeTable() Dim ht As New Hashtable ht("1") = "1" ht("2") = "2" For i As Integer = 0 To 2 Dim tr As New TableRow For j As Integer = 0 To 1 Dim td As New TableCell Select Case (j) ...

How get value from a dynamically created control in a user control
HI, I am working with a version of IBuySpy. On one page is a form that contains a user control that lists the items the user purchased, the subtotal, shipping, etc. I wanted to add a DropDownList from which the user could select the shipper. The dropdown list works fine as long as it has .AutoPostBack = false. However, I cannot figure out how to get the value that the user selected when they finally press the submit button on the form. All attempts to locate the control and it's value have failed. I tried drillingdown from the form to the child controls, and sub child controls. N...

Get the value of dynamically created controls
I have created the following function to get the text out of dynamically created text boxes that I have created from the code behind page.When call the function I get a message saying Object Reference not set to an instance of an object on this line -For Each c In Me.Parent.ControlsThe ID of the textboxes have the following format - Quantity_1111 Private Sub btnUpdate_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles btnUpdate.Click Dim c As Control Dim strID As String Dim arrProducts(2) As String Dim dtProducts As New DataTable 'Dim parent As C...

Get values of dynamic created controls?
Hello there,I'm creating some dynamic controls, where i'm getting some info from a db. - Thats working, but I dont know how to get the values from the dynamic created controls again, so i could save them in my database? This code am i using to create the controls (This get looped for each record in the db) 1 ' Connection 2 Dim str As String = System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString 3 Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(str) 4 conn.Open(...

Creating dynamic controls and getting their values
 Hi everyone,i have to create a number of dynamic controls (dropdownlist and textboxes) acording to a number inputed by the user.i've read some articles, posted some posts, but aynone has truly help me, so i'm asking if someone can hepl me beeing objective.i've put the code in the page_load, and in the the page_init (not on both simultaneous), but i don't know in which one is right.The code i putted on the Page_Load was this:Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load        If (Page.IsPo...

How to get values of the dynamically created server controls
i have created a component which will create server controls dynamically from database using Activator.CreateInstance method. This is rendering all the control in the page perfectly.   Now i need to get the user entered values of the generated controls How to get it ? Any help would be appreciated. Karthik. In order for you to access the dynamically created user control after a postback, you need to create the control in the Page_Init Event handler.  This is so the control will be available for the View State to set its value after the postback.   If you create t...

How to get the value fo dynamically created control?

How to get the value of a dynamically created textbox control
Hi,  Can anyone tell me how to get the entered value from a dynamically created textbox apart from getting it from the TextChanged eventhandler? Regards, Vidya Friend, check this thread as similar scenario is discussed over http://forums.asp.net/t/1051661.aspx http://forums.asp.net/t/939377.aspx Another one Good luck!Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.  use Request["TextBoxId"] to get the value entered in it....Also white creating it rememb...

Problem with getting the value of a dynamically created CONTROL
Dear,I'm facing a problem with dynamically created controlsI'm creating RadioButtons  according to certain data from a database, the problem is that the RadioButtons are being created and are being displayed in a dynamically created HtmlTable inside the HtmlTableCell. When i want to get the value of the RadioButton if is it checked or not , i'm using the following codeRadioButton rbtn = (RadioButton)Page.FindControl(ID);The rbtn is always null knowing that if i check the Page source i find the RadioButton with the Same ID that I'm calling in the FindControl. Co...

Get the value or Text of dynamically created controls?
Hello, I have a page with a placeHolder, in wich I create several controls (of textBox, checkBox and dropdownList type) I found several articles on the web about dynamic controls, but I couldn't find how to access each controls properties. I would like to be able to check if the user has checked the checkBox or not, and read the text inside the textBox I created Is that not possible? Thank you An important thing to keep in mind is that you need to recreate the dynamic controls you add to your PlaceHolder control each time a postback occurs.  After that, you can use FindContr...

getting value of dynamically created control as null
Dear All, I am mess with one situation let me explain the scenario. I am making search form where I display 15 field in checkboxlist and user select one or two or three or any no to all field. Depending on his selection (he tick the field  and click filter button ) Now in filter button click I create label and  dropdownlist control(populated from database) and add it to placeholder control. Now I select value and click the search  button. Now in search button I need to access those control and its selected value(ie label and droplistbox ). I  have made function to cre...

Cannot get values back from dynamically created dropdownlist
Hi I have created a dropdownlist dynamically. But when I hit the submit button I cannot get back the values selected. Is it possible that dynamically created controls do not have a viewstate? Thanks in advance.Gary You need to create the control again in the page load to get its value. You can also use Request["DropdownlistName"] to get teh selected value of drop downlistVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you I am just guessing your scenario... you might create the dropdown list in Page_Load. you have the binding code similar to the followi...

Web resources about - Getting back the values of dynamically created controls... - asp.net.getting-started