Get email address from DB and send email using VB

OK every time I figure something out on my own, there's 10 more things I can't seem to figure out. I feel like a VB moron. Ha. Anyway. Here's what I need to do...

1. Retrieve the email addresses from my database table of people whose memberships to my organization has expired in the past month.

2. Somehow plug those email addresses into a code to send them a prewritten, preformatted email.

I have found an article on how to send an email using VB coding. I just don't know how I would send one email to every person whose membership has expired in the past month. Ideally, I'd like to be able to log into my page and click a button that would send the email to every person. Is this even possible? Here's the article I found if seeing that code helps at all... http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/080801-1.shtml

Thanks in advance for any help.

0
Brittany0613

append email ids in one string separated by semi colons and put the string in bcc property. and then send it....may be it works

but beware if usend these many emails then the receivers email providers may list ur server's IP as spam source so then ur mails will be delivered to junk email folder. Yahoo is most active in these activities.

Retrieve all data from database & fill dataset & then loop then email address in to field. however dont forget to sleep the thread for a while or else ur isp will treat u as spammer. also by putting each address indiv. in to will not be treated as spam.

Kunal Mehta

Web professionals who refuse to update their skills and insist on using outdated methods can no longer be called web professionals.

0
Kunal
11/14/2006 5:28:28 AM

Where are you having trouble?  Do you know how to get a record from a database?  Based on criteria in the query?  Have you been able to send email?  Are you wondering how to loop through each user and send them an email?

Jeff

jeff
11/14/2006 5:29:53 AM
I had a lightbuilb moment a little while ago, so I'm going to try that and if I can't come up with something that works, I'll come back and let y'all know. Thanks for the heads up about the spam. We have a total of about 220 currently active members in our database, so on average, we'll be sending this email to less than 20 people only once a month, so hopefully we'll be ok in that area.
0
Brittany0613

Getting email address in gridview row and send email
Hi guys, How do i get the email address in my gridview rows?  I wanna get all the email address of all of my records in the gridview and use the email address to send an email to the owner. Thanks,*A newbie C# programmer* hi have a look at threse related : http://forums.asp.net/p/1119999/1746089.aspx#1746089http://forums.asp.net/t/1062163.aspxhttp://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t93436-gridview-hyperlink-column-mailto-event.html Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (l...

How to get the CreateUserWizard to email using the DisplayName instead of From email address?
Hi,I'm trying to work out how to get the CreateUserWizard to email using the DisplayName (or equivalent) so that the recipient sees a name (e.g. Ben Miller) instead of an email address in the From field of their email client.  In my CreateUserWizard control I have tried putting a name (e.g Ben Miller) in like this:    <asp:CreateUserWizard...>    <MailDefinition BodyFileName="~/BodyFile.txt"            Subject="Welcome new User" From="user@domain.com, Ben Miller&quo...

how to get the correct email format when sending email using sqldatareader
I'm getting the email address from an excel sheet.But i need to send the email to multiple peopleWhen printing the below i geta@a.com;b@b.com;; But i want a@a.com;b@b.com; i don't need the extra semicolon Thanks code below------ while (oledr.Read()) { smail = oledr[0].ToString() + ";" + "<br>";   //smail += oledr[0].ToString() & ";"; //mail.To.Add(smail); //this.Label1.Text = smail; Response.Write(smail); }   If oledr[0].ToString() contains only one email address (and not a few), then you can do it this way:while (oled...

Get email suffix (.net, .org, etc...) from email using Regular Expressions
Does anyone have a code snippet that could do this in VB.NET? I want it to return .net if given bob@microsoft.net Thanks, ScAndal.NET Web Based CRM http://www.kineticcrm.com.NET Consulting http://www.kineticmedia.net Hm. Well, I can get you started, but it won't handle sub-domain e-mails. To make this example easier for me to think about, this regex will look for: someword@someword.some.more.words (Why ".some.more.words"? Because of international country extensions) And it will save the ".some.more.words" part in the Groups property of the Match in in...

How to get IP address using Email Address
Hi, I want to know that how can i get actual IP address of a person who is using the email address like gmail, yahoo, msn, etc. If user enter the email address of the any person, it should return the actual IP Address of that person computer which is he connect. Is this possible? Any reference will be apperciated. Guide me............  This is not possible because email address is not related with IP address, Domain names are Mohamed Abb@s------------------------Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post(s) which helps you ! Threre's no correlation between IP...

I've not be able to use my Firefox email lately because of a required password to get into it, which I do not have. So, I have had to go to Yahoo to get an email program. Is there a way to recover
Name: Billl Brewster Email: billb7824atcharterdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I've not be able to use my Firefox email lately because of a required password to get into it, which I do not have. So, I have had to go to Yahoo to get an email program. Is there a way to recover whatever password got registered to my Firefox account? Comments: Thank you. See note in summary. Bill Brewster billb7824@charter.net Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC ...

using relay-host.secureserver.net & getting email on gmail and yahoo account but not getting it on my godaddy account
using smtp server address as relay-host.secureserver.net getting email on gmail and yahoo account but not getting it on my godaddy account. Please help me out, ...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

Using Email Interface
Hi-- I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what email address to send it to. Where do I find this email address/how can I set it up? Thanks rmandal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi-- > > I recently set up a version of Bugzilla for my company (v 3.0.2) and I > want to use the email interface so I can submit bugs via email. I know > how to format an email in order to do this, but I don't know what &g...

hide email addresses from email after using smtp.send()
hello , I have some kind of subscribe feature , the emails are saved in database so am using a sqldatareader and a loop , inside loop am adding the emails with msg.to.add() , but what is happening that all the emails are being shown ( in the to place) when a subscriber receives an email , but I dont want that , cause the subscriber shall not know email addresses of other subscribers , how to fix this thing ?!? thanks alot place all the recipients on the BCC of the email. this prevents them from seeing the email of other BCC recipients  Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need...

How to get rid of warning message "A program is trying to send..." when sending email using Outlook 2007
Hi, How do you find a way to get rid of the warning message "A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf...." when sending an email (using MAPI) using Outlook 2007 from a PowerBuilder application? I would like an email message sent with an attachment automatically without interruption. BusyBeaver There is a setting that your email admin can change to avoid that message. I don't know what it is but I know it exist because we had the same problem years ago. Another option is to ditch mapi and use smtp instead. I just recently changed our syst...

Sending email with Outlook using VB.net
Hi I develop an application in Vb.net that email using Outlook 2003 (Primary Interop Assembly). But when I deploy to the client PC, it only WORK if that user has to be a member of Administrator group. If that user is NOT in that Administrator group then it doesn't work. I don't know the reason behind it? Please advice the reason. Thanks a lot Right click on MyComputer. click on Manage Under see the group section add that user in Administrator group. Alos install "Click yes"  programSatalaj Watch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||I'm big fan ...

Sending Email with Attachments using VB.NET
Hi all, i have searched many sites for sending email with attachments using vb.net but found none. At last i found one using c# at stardevelopers.com. It was a great article. What i did is to convert that one in to vb.net , and here is the code. <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="True" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.web.Mail" %> <%@ import Namespace="system.io" %> <script runat="server"> Sub sendMessage_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Dim mailmsg as new MailMessage 'creating n...

get a security error - get certificate
This has only happened with one person. In trying to send an email to time warner (not an issue I don't think) when he trys to add his signature he gets 'security error' you do not have a security certficate. Talk about being the wrong error for this one. any ideas? GW7sp2 On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:18:51 +0000, mark wrote: > This has only happened with one person. In trying to send an email to > time warner (not an issue I don't think) when he trys to add his signature > he gets 'security error' you do not have a security certficate. Talk >...

getting domain address from email address
I need to get the domain only portion of the email address in a textbox.  How do you trim all from the left of a specified character, john@yahoo.com to result in yahoo.com? Thank you Dim domainName As String = "john@yahoo.com"domainName = Right(domainName, Len(domainName) - InStr(domainName, "@")) Response.Write(domainName)--------------------------------------------------------Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.NHibernate with ASP.net Problem-Design-Solution sample applicationScott ASP.net blog...

System.Net.Mail
Hi and thanks for your help!! I have a window that pops up to send an email to a person using the following javascript: <script type="text/javascript"> //<![CDATA[function OnClientCommandExecuting(editor, args) {var commandName = args.get_commandName(); var strEmail = document.getElementById("PersonsEmail").value;if (args.get_commandName() == "SendEmail") { var oWnd = radopen("sendemail.aspx?email=" + strEmail, "rwEmail"); oWnd.center();args.set_cancel(true); } }   //]]> </script>   On the email ...

How to get Outlook 2007 to use GWIA to send email
Client wants to try Outlook 2007. Installed on test computer and see the GW files OK. Setup the server accounts both incoming and outgoing to office.domain.com ("Domain" being the company's domain). Using test to check settings Outlook is happy but try to send a file to an outside address and the message "Cannot complete operation. One or more parameter values not correct." pops up and the email goes now where. Attempting to send to a GW address doesn't work either. Suggestions? Thanks Spencer On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:10:08 +0000, ssmi...

Getting HTML contents of a module for use in sending in an email?
I have a custom module I am creating, which is basically just a data entry form, number of controls layed out in nexted HTML tables.  When the user submits the module I just want to email all the the contents to a given email address. I know how to send the email, but I'd like to not have to rebuild the HTML body string in code, basically generating the html for all the tables and fields. Is there some way to easily reference the modules html contents, for the entire module or a given section and set this as the email body text?...

Problem in Getting user details using email address
string s = Membership.GetUserNameByEmail(TextBox1.Text.Trim()); MembershipUser u = Membership.GetUser(s);MembershipUserCollection collection = new MembershipUserCollection(); collection.Add(u); GridView1.DataSource = collection; GridView1.DataBind(); This is the code i tried to get all information like Name,islockedout,date,etc...but its not binding to the grid view plz help me  try to make sure that you have AutoGenerateColumns = true in the GridView Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you ya i checked autogenerated colum is true stil...

Send email using VB.NET windows Application
hi... I have created a windows Application using vb.net,to send emails when click on button.And i am having error when running the application on the server machine. Using this code: TryDim email As New System.Web.Mail.MailMessageemail.To = "tomail"email.From = "frommail"email.Body = "MessageText"email.Subject = "SubjectText"email.BodyFormat = Web.Mail.MailFormat.TextSmtpMail.SmtpServer = "MU-WEBDEV"SmtpMail.Send(email)Catch ex As ExceptionMsgBox(ex.Message)End TryI am getting the following error.An unhandled exception of type 'System.Security.SecurityException' ** i am using wi...

How to retrieve email from email account like anil@abc.com using vb.net
Hello to All, This is my first post. I am facing a problem in vb/asp .net that is we can send emails from asp/vb .net pages but we can't store mails that we are getting on email account like anil@abc.com  that is already happend in outlook. In short i want to develop this outlook facility. I want to store that emails on my local MSSQL Database. I want some concept sharing in this topic to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.   Regards, Anil http://www.webmultimediadesigner.com/ Hello, What storage medium are the e-mails stored in? If it is an exchange server, yo...

SM 2.0 Can't Get Email, But Can Send Email
I've just installed SeaMonkey 2.0, imported all my old data, and started the new version. I have a couple of problems/questions: 1. I can send email, but when I click on the Get Msgs/Get All New Messages menu item, nothing happens. No status messages in the footer to show any activity, and the messages I can see in my webmail account inbox are not downloaded. If I start the old version it downloads the messages just fine. 2. When I start the email app, no folder is selected, so my Inbox emails don't appear in the right pane until I select the Inbox folder. I used to...

Web resources about - Get email address from DB and send email using VB - asp.net.getting-started

File:Ipv6 address.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

Emaar earnings hit by The Address Downtown Dubai blaze writedown
Dubai’s biggest listed property developer said last month that there would be 'no material effect on the company' from the hotel fire because ...

Scott Morrison to focus on tax cuts in Press Club address, MPs warn against negative gearing
... on cutting spending, as the Coalition backbench agitates against any changes to negative gearing. Mr Morrison will today make his first address ...

Irish planning body asks Apple to address five concerns before it decides on proposed data center
... those objections. Business Insider reports that An Bord Pleanála has now written to Apple’s consulting engineers, asking them to address five ...

Gmailify: The best of Gmail, without an @gmail address
... features, like spam protection and inbox organization , on these accounts—but don’t want to go through the hassle of changing your email address. ...

John Kasich: Highlights from his address to supporters - Videos - CBS News
John Kasich took to the stage to address his supporters after finishing second in the New Hampshire primary. Here are some highlights.

You Can Now Access Gmail Features Without An @Gmail Address
It’s tough to get people to switch from one email service to another — getting a new email address might be even more annoying than having to ...

Obama pitches 'politics of hope,' voting rights in weekly address
... Your president wants to have a word with you about how you do politics. He’s not happy, and he made that clear in this morning’s weekly address: ...

'Gmailify' gives you Gmail service without the Gmail address
Last March, Google began allowing its users to link their Gmail account with their Yahoo! and Outlook accounts so that all of their emails could ...

Chipotle Used Video To Address Its Entire Workforce. Could You?
What happens when your business is food and it sickens 500 people? If you're Chipotle you close your stores and produce an all-hands video address ...