general question for ASP and SQL database

Hi everyone,

I've wrote a ASPX page that reads data from my SQL database. The SQL database reside in virtual window server 2003 that has put on the company's network. Everything works fine when the virtual server is on company's network. And now I unjoined the virtual server from the network and ASPX page doesn't work anymore. It seems because it can not get data from SQL server.

Is there ways to make ASPX and my SQL server work fine without putting the server on the company's network?

Should I setup a physical server and put SQL server and ASPX project together on that server??

Thanks for any input : )

0
ansdhr

 It doesnt matter where you put the server in, the web server should be able to find the SQL server. If you have a test domain configured, you can put the SQL server in that domain too.. But make sure to  configure the access permissions

Also, if it suits your requirement, you can install SQL server in the same server, where IIS is.. But again, if you need it to be accessed by some one else, that server need to be connected to some network obviously

Kumar Reddi
0
Kumar

GENERAL SQL SERVER: Question about the Script that setups the SQL Server Database.
This is the first time I have created a script for Sql Server 2000, and I have run into a few syntax ereas that I am not familar with. Bellow is a section of the script from the Portal server packages. At the end of the sample, is "ON [PRIMARY], Can anyone explain to me what this does and why the primary key isnt setup inside the code itself? I am basically trying to take parts of the script and incorrporate it into my own script and hate added syntax that I dont understand, makes debugging a real pain in the future. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Portal_Announcements] ( [ItemID] [in...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Getting started with Sql Server 2005....Create Database
Hi all I'm a newbie with Visual studio 2005 .Recently i installed it ,AFAIK sqlServer 2005 also is shiped with vs2005.after installing vs2005 i have the following entries in my StartMenu/All Programms/ 1) Microsoft Sql Server 2005 Configuration Tools sql Server Configuration Manager Sql Server Error and usage Reporting SQL Server Surface Area Configuration 2) Microsoft Visual studio 2005 ..... ........ Apparently there isn't any ENTERPRISE MANAGER and query anal...

.NET question in general: Different modifiers for get/set members?
In good ol' VB6, you could declare the GET member of a property to be public and the SET member to be private, or visa versa.But you can't seem to do this in .NET - the property of a whole is private/public/protected/whatevered, and you can set the get/set members individually.Not that I really care, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows a good reason for this? IMO it should have been included at the very least because VB6 had it! ;-) Last I heard it was added to .NET 2.0. You are right, I have wanted something like it for a while now.  I have been sticking with a internal method wi...

Free .Net and Sql Server Training Videos for Developers just getting started
I figured since this is the Getting started forum I would mention a great .Net training video site with some free videos.http://www.TechnicalVideos.netThanksMike James...

for arabic characters getting question marks while fetching rows from ms sql Database
------=_NextPart_000_03A9_01C65EDD.F1C43970 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Actually when I fetch records from Database then I getting question marks for arabic characters, so any one can help me to solve this issue. my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:sms", "smser", "smspassword") || die "Can't connect to $DBI::errstr"; my $sth = $dbh->prepare( q{ select Messagetype,message,mobilenumber from sms where status=0 }) || die "Can't prepare stateme...

Getting a SQL Database Error...any ideas SQL experts?
 I am trying to insert a value into a field in a database named ASPNETDB.MDF.  The table name is "profiles_BasicProperties" and the field name is "UserID".  I get an error when I attempt to do this.  See the code I am using to try to do this below...and then the error that I get which is further down in this post.  Note...both the code and the database are on my laptop.  I can connect to the database just fine using Server Explorer in MS VS 2005.  Thanks in advance for any help anybody can offer...  Here is the code I am using: &l...

Getting a SQL Express Database to work on a SQL Server
Hi, I'm getting ready to deploy an ASP.NET application to a server that does not support SQL Express, but does support MS Access and SQL Server. Is there any easy way to convert my SQL Express code to either Access or regular SQL Server code, without having to change very much code in my application. I really like the integration that SQL Express has with Visual Web Developer, and would like to be able to keep that sort of integration if at all possible. Thanks,Drew Assuming by "SQL Server" you mean "SQL Server 2005", the only thing that should need to change is the connection string.&n...

Backing up the sql database(*.bak) and restoring the Database in VB.net
Hi There, I want to know how to backup and restore database from VB.net. ie I am trying to put two buttons on my form, Backup and Restore. When I click on Backup a Backup of the SQL Database with extension of *.bak is created. Similarly when I click on restore and select a database with *.bak extension it should restore that database. I saw a software where it created a backup of Sql database with extension of .zip containing the bak file which is password protected. when u restore the database it automatically gets unzipped and the database is restored. Can anyone help me. Thanks in advan...

Best way to get MS SQL Server database into SQL Anywhere?
What is the easiest way to get a MS SQL Server database into SQL Anywhere? The only way I've been able to do it is to export into a text or dbase file and import, table by table, but my database has around 200 tables and this isn't a workable strategy! Replies by email would be much appreciated. Sarah Howarth Platinum technology, inc. howarth@platinum.com Sarah, There is two ways off the top of my head. The first is to use the scripting options for MS SQL Server and see if that works, that may take some direct manipulation of the Syntax though. The second is to u...

SQL in .NET question
How do i use the LIKE and the wildcards in a search in .NET (using c#) example in straight SQL: SELECT * FROM myDB WHERE LastName LIKE '%Jo%' if i try and use it in .NET like follows: SELECT * FROM myDB WHERE LastName LIKE %@MyVar% I get an error. Try: SELECT * FROM myDB WHERE LastName LIKE @MyVar and then prepend and append '%' characters to the string you are passing in.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog Wow, I didn't know you could do that. I usually do this which works as well (no prepending of...

SQL database question
Hi, Since there is no user interface for creating sql server databases with VWD, can I create databases with Visual studio 1.* and use them with VWD? What about the compatibility and constraints? Otherwise, if I want to create databases programmatically, is the code in VWD different from visual studio 1.*? Is there somewhere where I can find samples? Thanks for any pointer. Char22 You could build a sql script based on modifing the sqlTour or Geekspeak sql scripts and execute a Run command like ex. in the Tour or Geekspeak samples. ...

SQL database question
I have a small question and I`d appreciate an answer. I`m still learning asp.net and I`m having some trouble with my database. I want to access the VideoPath and VideoName from my database, to pass on to my flv player embedded in my page. Can anyone explain exactly how I can do this? Thanks in advance!  Go through very easy and simple to understand ado.net tutorial http://www.csharp-station.com/Tutorials/AdoDotNet/Lesson01.aspxKamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the p...

how to get start with .NET

Web resources about - general question for ASP and SQL database - asp.net.getting-started

Media Search of Suspects’ Apartment Raises Questions
“There is something so strange about all of this,” said MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell , as correspondent Kerry Sanders picked up baby’s toys, sifted ...

Tragedies to question, tragedies to ignore
When a white male shoots people, we ask why, but no explanations are needed when the killers are Muslim.

Question answered
The San Bernardine massacre was caused by workplace stresses combined with climate change.

Question of the Day: Would you choose smog-reducing gear?
Filed under: Etc. , Green , Emissions Governments now enforce emissions laws. What if you could choose to comply or not comply? Continue reading ...

Some Questions
1.) Yesterday’s shooter was American born, and arguably more American than Ted Cruz. Why isn’t the fact that he was legally able to obtain that ...

The Question People Need to Stop Asking Women
Lately, I'm getting it a lot. The dreaded question. The one that each and every woman in has to hear in her life, probably more than once. I ...

Hillary was asked the blunt question: "You say that all rape victims should be believed, but would you ...
Clearly prepared for that question, she answered: "I would say that everybody should be believed at first until they are disbelieved based on ...

Syed Farook’s Family Doubts FBI’s San Bernardino Account, Questions Sandy Hook Shooting
The family of San Bernardino gunman Syed Farook spoke through their attorney to say they doubted the FBI account regarding their son.

Questions raised on ex-Trump adviser
Trump tapped a man to be a senior business adviser after the man's involvement in a fraud became publicly known, the AP reports.