from COM to .NET

Hi all,

My company are slowly migrating from vb6/com environment to a .net/web service environment. At the moment we have a financial system running on our intranet that allows user to request and retrieve reports- we have a .Net web service that retrieves these requests and passes them on to a COM dll, which queries the database and generates the reports using Crystal.
After some testing, we've found that when there's more than one person running reports, the system crashes. After some research i've found out that calling a COM component with a .net web service can have threading issues. The COM component works fine when called in serial though.
The obvious solution is to rewrite the component in .NET as this would work perfectly with the .NET web service- but time is an issue. It took months to create the exisiting component and we want to continue to utilize it if we can.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Neile
0
neile

COM .NET Interop
Hi, I need help here.. I have this problem.I have COM VB6 that call a .NET class library, and this class library use the .NET SAP Conector to extract the information from SAP. I receive the information from SAP in a DataTable, the problem here is that I dont how to return this DataTable to VB6 COM. I made a test, and I can return a String to COM and basic types, but I dont know how to do it with this DataTable.Thanks for your helpI really appreciate. One alternative might be to add the DataTable to a DataSet and then convert the DataSet to an XML string using WriteXml(). That said, quic...

.NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary)
 I need to write a data access code to replace the method of GetPerson() in COM data access, since the existing method is too slow. .NET can reduce the database round trips by using the dataset. The existing COM data access will stay except the GetPerson() method. So I am going to call the .NET getPerson() mehtod from the COM,  The original GetPerson() method in COM just go to data base, pull data from 7 tables and write to dictionary.  If the .NET getPerson() can populate the COM Dictionary, that would be great! I know .NET object can be directly assign t...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

.NET classes hindering .net assembly from being com?
I posted an earlier thread about instanciating a .net assembly from a com client, like an asp page. My problem was that no matter what I did, I could not get the class to instaciate, so I could not call any methods on that class. After quite a bit of trial and error, as far as weak and strong named assemblies, GAC, etc, I came to the conclusion that the object WAS being referenced properly, therefore it was not a problem getting access to the object's class declaration. My problem was that everytime I called a method on the object, I got a "object not set to instance" error. ...

Call to non .net COM not working after .NET
I have developed small samples of ASP.NET and one of them I tried to call a standard COM (non .NET). I took the code out for now, but a call to that COM from traditional ASP application now does not work. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Getting started with JScript.NET

.Net Application generators
There are a few .Net complete n-tier application generators that generate directly from your database. Some even have their own database building tools. They are great and easy to follow and their applications generate real VB.Net and C# code, easy to learn. These are great starts for .Net stuff except for one thing, PRICE. Iron Speed is about $1500 and for the same exact product features ASPNetNow sells for only $279 for their Web Matrix version or $530 for VS version. Another company Avalanche sells for $995. Amazing price ranges. The first two match feature for feature except the first yo...

net send in .net

Web resources about - from COM to .NET - asp.net.getting-started

Watch: Liberty University Students Laugh at Trump Quoting From ‘Two Corinthians’
“I don’t need to be politically correct,” GOP frontrunner Donald Trump said today during his convocation at Liberty University, where he bragged ...

'I'm a hell of a lot better than I was 48 hours ago': Freed Americans head home
The Americans who have been detained for months in Iran until they were freed in a prisoner exchange are slowly making their way back to U.S. ...

‘Love’ Trailer: Gillian Jacobs and Paul Rust Play Not-So-Grown-Up Grown-Ups in Judd Apatow’s Netflix ...
Now that we’ve met Mickey and Gus , the first full-length Love trailer has arrived to show us what they’re like together. The upcoming Netflix ...

SpaceX Fails To Land Rocket On A Ship Yet Again
SpaceX has already tried to land its Falcon 9 reusable rocket on a floating ship in the ocean multiple times and, unfortunately, it has not been ...

Match-Fixing Scandal Rocks Tennis World With Australian Open Underway
Match-fixing has been prevalent in soccer for a long time, invoking a black eye on the world’s most popular sport. But now, it’s cast a large ...

The CEO of WhatsApp explained why it killed its subscription fee
WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum has explained in an interview with Wired why the company killed its $0.99-a-year subscription option. "We've done really ...

David Bowie constellation now lights your night sky
The Bowie constellation "Stardust" has been registered with the MIRA Public Observatory, part of the IAU, the organization in charge of "official" ...

Linda Perry Slams Lady Gaga’s Oscar Nomination
Lady Gaga is off to a very good start to 2016, scoring both a Golden Globes win and an Oscar nom, but Linda Perry spoke out on Monday to say ...

Candace Cameron Bure: I’m Open to Exploring Gay Issues On ‘Fuller House’
Fuller House star Candace Cameron Bure may have been outspoken about “religious freedom” on The View , but her TV counterpart DJ Tanner could ...

Michael Moore: How Racism Poisoned Flint’s Water
Flint water — a weapon of mass destruction (not a metaphor). Source . by Gaius Publius I'm a former resident of Michigan, in particular, Saginaw ...