Format decimal places

I have the following expression

a3 = GetNomBal(period, "40011")

GetNomBal is a function which returns a "double" value, I want a3 to display at all times as with two decimal places, at the moment if the function returns 361.23 then a3 displays as 361.23 which is what I want, But if the value is say 200.00 then it displays 200

I tried

a3 = Format(GetNomBal(period,"40011"),currency) but got an error.

Can anyone help

Thanks :)

Ben Durkin

MCP MCSA MCSE, Currently learning VB.NET and ASP.NET

Burnley, England
0
BenDurkin2003

Try this, MyStr = Format(334.9, "###0.00");
My ASP.NET blog ~
God doesn't play dice...
0
JamesBond
5/16/2005 5:04:01 PM

Thanks for advice, I just tried

a3  = format(a3,"###0.00") but its still the same

Sad [:(]

Ben Durkin

MCP MCSA MCSE, Currently learning VB.NET and ASP.NET

Burnley, England
0
BenDurkin2003
5/16/2005 5:45:04 PM

Hey, why are you again assigning the value to a3. I assume a3 is a double variable and you will lose the precision (if it is .00).

The Format() function returns a string. Assign that value to a string and your job is done. Alternatively, you could also use a3.ToString("###0.00"). But make sure you assign this value to a string.

Thanks/007

My ASP.NET blog ~
God doesn't play dice...
0
JamesBond

Formatting a decimal to 2 decimal places
Hi - just testing some code, and the code below returns a number with 3 decimal places (eg. 450.000). Will returning a decimal always give 3 decimal places, and if so, how can I remove the last one? I don't want to use: Return String.Format("{0:C}", decRunningTotal) - as that will automatically add a $ or £ or whatever to the start, and I'd like to control that. I'd really appreciate any help, thanks, Mark Function GetItemTotal() As String objDT = Session("Cart") Dim intCounter As Integer Dim decRunningTotal As Deci...

Formatting decimal places...
I have an application which pulls data (a currency amt) from an Access db. The number is a subtotal from a purchase. This number has 2 decimal places which is correct for currency. The application then performs some functions to display the tax amount and then another function to display the total amount due. The tax and total due figures both have 3 decimal places, obviously a result of the mathematical functions being performed on them. I am presenting these numbers in the form of a label on my form. I know this is silly but how can I present the tax and total due figures with only 2...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

How to format a string of percentage format to decimal format ?
How to format a string of percentage format to decimal format ? 1    orginalValue  // value will be 1265.48 2    percentString // value after applying percentage format will be 126548 %3    requiredvalue // value should be 1265.48  I converted the string from orginalValue to percentString, now i need to convert back to requiredvalue. Is there any way to do ? regards, Ananth RM - msarm.com  string percentString="126548 %";double value=double.Parse(percentString.Replace("%","").Tri...

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started .net website

How to get 2 decimal places?
I have one session var and value of it will be double.How can i do it to be in 2 decimal places rounded up to nearest 5cents. eg.21.781 -> 21.10 21.322 -> 21.05 45 -> 45.00 Math.Round Method (Decimal, Int32, MidpointRounding)   Rounds a decimal value to a specified precision. A parameter specifies how to round the value if it is midway between two other numbers. Namespace: System Parameters d A decimal number to be rounded. decimals The number of significant decimal places (precision) in the return value. mode Specification for how to round d...

formating decimal places in a dataset
I am pulling a decimal value and then exporting it to a textfile. I know how to format if I was doing it on a webform - no prob, but pulling the info otherwise is causing me some problems and I was wondering if anyone can help Sample Code: Dim numberPlaceHolder as string Dim iLoop as int Dim dataSet1 as dataset .... fill dataset1 .... For iLoop = 0 To dataSet1.Tables("tmpDecimal").Rows.Count - 1 numberPlaceHolder = dataSet1.Tables("tmpDecimal").Rows(iLoop).Item(1) Next the numberPlaceHolder needs to be formate...

Getting started with JScript.NET

plz Help: Converting 4 decimal places to 1 decimal place
Hi,I would like to convert 4decimal places to single(1) decimal place.For that i wrote below code. Its working sometimes. ex1:Input: StrAnlPct = "3.0000,2.9833,3.6546,4.65+6,5.54986,81.dsfds"Output: "3.0,2.9,3.6,4.6,5.5,81.d"For first example its working,Ex2:Input: StrAnlPct = "476290.4762,120.0000"For this i m getting error. Error is:    "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: startIndex "And    Source Error: At Line 590Line 588:            &...

Format the value to Two places of Decimal

Web resources about - Format decimal places - asp.net.getting-started

Penny (Irish pre-decimal coin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The penny (1d) ( Irish : pingin ) coin was the third smallest denomination of the pre-decimal Irish pound , worth 1/240 of a pound or 1/12 of ...

Dewey Decimal Classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This highly organized system categorizes books on library shelves in an efficient, specific and repeatable order that makes it easy to find any ...

Decimal Rounding on the App Store on iTunes
Get Decimal Rounding on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Dewey Decimal Tattoo - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Children's librarians represent.

Math of the Day: Sesame Street’s The Count Reads Pi to 10,000 Decimal Places
... has created a true monster out of your favorite Sesame Street vampire, with audio of The Count reading every digit of Pi out 10,000 decimal ...

Paul Harapin heads Decimal Software after VCE ousting
Former VCE Asia-Pacific boss, Paul Harapin, has taken over as CEO of Decimal Software.

Feeling green: the dangers of decimal currency
The curious case of possibly toxic coins, via Austria and a devastatingly original idea for Canberra.

Jobless Rates With Another Decimal
The BLS reported a jobless rate of 8.3% for both January and February. Adding an extra decimal, the unemployment rates would actually be 8.26% ...

JPMorgan Sued by Trader Over $3 Million Decimal Point
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is being sued by a trader who says he accepted a contract from the investment bank because a typographical error made him ...

.Decimal Archive - Houston Gamer
It was only back in August when newly-formed Houston game studio Orb Interactive launched a Kickstarter campaign for “.Decimal”, a sci-fi take ...