file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client

hi,

i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. Smile

-1
aspdotnetcuser

you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.

http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspx

Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.

Regards
Mitesh Darji
http://www.indianic.com
http://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com
-1
Mitesh_Darji
9/29/2008 12:27:12 PM

As always there are many ways and which one's best... depends on your specific scenario.

In many cases it's perhaps better to store file contents in the database. It certainly simplifies backups, which become messy once you put stuff in the database that refers to stuff outside the database. It also ensures noone can request files directly by just typing in URLs so if you need to authentitce and/or authorize requests to download files that is another benefit. It does mean a performance hit.

If you want to authorize requests but still store files outside of the database you can rename the files using GUIDs while keeping the metadata so your application will know that the file FASDFASDFAS52345234t34.file is really "Christmas Bonus Bonanaza.xls" Stick out tongue...

If you want to make an AJAX-like file upload (like the one gmail provides for example) have a look at my old posts and you'll find one from a while ago that is quite nice.

Good luck!

"Man is the Only Animal that Blushes. Or needs to." (Mark Twain)

Remember to "mark as answer" any relevant and useful posts!
1
redbull2

File Upload to server and save path to uploaded file into a sql database
   I am trying to upload a file to a server and save the path of the uploaded file to a sql 2005 server. I have some code below but im getting the error Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Any help would be greatful. By the way I got this code from these forums and just tweaked them for my website. 1 Dim Fileupload1 As FileUpload = CType(FindControl("FileUpload1"), FileUpload) 2 Dim filePath1 As Label = CType(FindControl("filePath1"), Label) 3 4 If Fileupload1.HasFile Then 5 Try 6 Fileupload1...

file upload without saving the file on the server
Hi guys I want to let users insert a picture to their profile and I started working on upload subject. with my previous postings I was able to complile a complete script to upload an image to the server and save under a folder. However this isn't working for me. I like to upload the picture without saving it to the server. Is there a way to read the file without saving it ?Thanks where do you want to store them ?if this post unswerd ur question marke it as answer  You can stick the data into a streamDim stream As Stream = fileUpload.PostedFile.InputStream &n...

When I upload a text file from client to server using stream, how can I guarantee that the uploaded text file can be displayed correctly?
When I upload a text file from client to server using stream, how can I guarantee that the uploaded text file can be displayed correctly? A user want to upload a text file from client PC to server (normally it is Windows 2003), but I'm not sure which OS it is in client, maybe it is a english version Windows or chinese Windows (default encoding is GB2312).so the encoding of text file in client maybe is ASCII or GB2312.I think that "StreamReader myRead= new StreamReader(FileUpload1.PostedFile.InputStream,Encoding.Default) will be run in server,so "Encoding.Default" will be the default encodin...

File Upload control, file loads in VS2008 and server browser, file fails load from client browser across LAN
Win2008 Standard with IIS7.0. VS2008 website project with grid and upload control in form template.  File upload control loads image file to database blob column for display by grid. Using Windows authentication for an intranet application. Image file uploads to the database blob without errors in VS2008 test environment and from the Win2008 server IE7 browser. Image file does not upload (falls through to CATCH for file not loaded) when file is selected from client IE7browser on LAN or WAN. I suspect the problem is then with security setup of IIS 7.0 and/or web.config. Unable to f...

Upload multiple files to the server without using File Upload
I want to upload multiple files to the server without using input type file (File Upload). Is there a way to do this. What I want to do is retrieve multiple file paths (paths are displayed in a user control like text boxes) and upload those files to the server as a bunch. I tried to set the value of the File Upload cotrol (using javascript) but it was not succeed since attributes of the File Upload are readonly. (document.getElementById("fileUploadValue").value = "C:\Test.txt") Is there a way to override the values in File Upload control or is there a way to up...

Uploading files to server and adding new file to database
Hello guys, I need to enable client computers to be able to upload pictures to a folder on my server. After doing some search, I managed to get it working. Here's my code:   <script language="VB" runat="server">    Sub Upload(Source As Object, e As EventArgs)     If Not (myFile.PostedFile Is Nothing) Then      Dim intFileNameLength as Integer     Dim strFileNamePath as String     Dim strFileNameOnly as String      'Logic to find t...

Save a file to remote server with out the help of file uploader
Hi All,               here i want to save a file to remote server where my file will be in client system...here i don't want to use file uploader control.........In my application we have one function which will save word document to client systems temperory folder and that document again I want to save to server.........  Merry Christmas.............to You All........... Krishna. Could you transfer it via ftp to the folder? I assume you mean that you want the file saved automatically, rather than the user having to u...

how to save the content of uploaded files with my Solution when the number of uploaded files are not known
Hello There!,   First of all i have coded in jscript to add html file input dynamically when we click a button called "Attach". So that we can attach files of any number according to our need.   Now i want to save the uploaded file's content in a text document that is added with the Solution.   But this code actually adds the content to the text document correctly if the number of uploaded file is only one .else it just adds the content of all files in to this only one text document.   Because i don't know how many files will be attached i just want ...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

upload file by file
hi all,   we have project, local in server, more then one people do the update, let's say, if all file local in test, I did the modify in local and build and upload the whole test file into service, it work fine. but if I only upload helloone.aspx. and its Vb file (under test) into service, it did not work( the VB code) , is that a way to only upload file by file to service, thank you   If I understand your problem correctly, I think the problem that you may be having is that after pages are compiled locally they are not being compiled for the entire site.  I would su...

Save a file on the server...using file upload..(Urgent plz)
Hi frinds I am using asp.net fileupload control to uplaod the file from My system.. and store that file on the server disk.. that is on one folder.. can any one tell me what are the things I need to have to stroe my uploaded file on the server.. like server path? servername?.. and can anyone give me a code that to map serverpath..my code is now.. /* fileSaveAsName */ //FileUpload1.SaveAs("C:\\uploads\\" + fileSaveAs); FileUpload1.SaveAs(fileSaveAs); this is here I am stroing in local system in c drive..   Thanks You need Server.MapPath(string path);FileUpload1....

Upload files using an IFRAME and save the name of the file to a database
Hello guys, I have a form that saves some data to a table. One of that field is a filename. I am using an iframe with a fileupload control to put the file on the server but I don't know how to pass the name of the file to the container form to save it to my database.  Any ideas? Thanks a lot. David If the IFrame is in the form itself then why cant you directly use the file upload control in the form ?? If you want to learn file uploading you can check it here http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/fileupload.aspxNo question is so difficult...

File Upload Problem
Hi Everyone,I was grateful to be able to download the code for uploading files into a folder from Sreedhar's web page. The code works well, but whenever there is another new file with the same file name being uploaded into the destination folder, the old file will be replaced. I am wondering if there is any way to solve this problem (How about adding a number to the new file's name, e.g. File1.doc, if there is an existing File.doc?) I am an absolute beginner and any help is deeply appreciated.The original code is as follows: <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterP...

Upload all files in folder with file upload control
H i I'm trying to upload all files to a wesite that is in a specific local folder. My code workes fine when I run it locally but when I upload it it fails. I think it looks for the files to upload on the web server and thus cannot find it.  1 Dim files() As String 2 folderExists = System.IO.Directory.Exists(foldername) 3 If folderExists = False Then 4 Label1.Text = "Folder does not exist. Did you enter a folder name or just a file name ?" 5 Exit sub 6 End If 7 files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(foldername) 8 For...

Web resources about - file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client - asp.net.getting-started

Send large Files online for free by Email by uploading with Zeta Uploader
Send large Files and Folders online be e-mail. Without registration.

User:Multichill/top self uploaders/Billbeee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Building a Better Photo Uploader
... for ways to make sharing more efficient. Today we're announcing a significant upgrade to our Photos product: a new and improved photo uploader ...

Facebook’s New Ads Power Editor Replaces the Bulk Uploader with a Streamlined GUI
This week, Facebook launched its new Ads Power Editor desktop software for buyers who work directly with a Facebook ads representatives. The ...

App Store - Imageshack Uploader
Get Imageshack Uploader on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Address Book Uploader coming to Google+ - YouTube
We've been listening to feedback from our users who want more flexible ways to find their friends on Google+. One of the most flexible tools ...

Queensland nude photos uploader near 'impossible' to prosecute
It will be &quot;very difficult if not close to impossible&quot; to prosecute whoever uploaded hundreds of nude and revealing pictures of Queensland ...

Apple’s new Documents and Data manual uploader/Sync to iCloud
... your Mac to the iCloud using this screen: Open Textedit (it must be closed while you enable Documents & Data) and hit “Open.” A manual uploader ...

Facebook Tests Snapchat-Like Photo Uploader for iOS App
If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, the photo uploader Facebook is testing for its flagship iOS application should make Snapchat ...

Download the Google Photos Desktop Uploader to back up your photos with ease
... saved on your computer? If you have more than a few images that need backing up, we'd suggest trying out the new Google Photos Desktop Uploader ...