Exporting data from a web form to a rtf file

I have searched all the knowledge base articles on Microsoft site and I haven't been able to find anything on that. Is it actually possible to export the webform on the user's computer in a custom format?

Thanks!
0
jovsun

Not automatically (at least not out-of-the box),

the easiest way is to add the ContentType to some specific editor, say Word or Excel, and then in the client machine, it will try to open it and the user can save it in the format he needs.
I've seen some XSLT that can transform XML to PDF or RTF and other formats. In the upcoming version of Word, you can use WordML, and return a Word document in XML also.
0
CarlosAg

passing the data to the dll file and then get the data back to web form
 I want to input data to the text box and then that text box is reading and combining data to the dll file and then get the data back to the web form and show the result.I don't konw how to write this application.  I hope the dll you have is a .NET assembly. If so, you can follow the below steps.1) You must first give reference to the dll in your web application by using the Add Reference menu. Then place the "using <namespace>" at the top in your codebehind.2) Instantiate the class file in the dll and invoke the method with the appropriate parameter value (t...

Exporting data from web form to excel file
I have a page with datgrid and one button called export into excel. I use this code to export data into excel sheet. If my excel file size become more then 50k then i am having error and i can not open or save the excel file. Here is the code:  Server.ScriptTimeout = 12000 Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" dvwdetail = GetSQLData(VSQL) grdapex.DataSource = dvwdetail.Tables(0) grdapex.DataBind() If i have less row means the excel file size is less then 50k then it works fine but if i have more data file size is more then 50k then it give me error m...

Getting data form SQL Server 2005 to a Web.SiteMap file
I want read a hierarchal data table in SQL Server 2005 to write My Web.SiteMap file. How I to do it? web.sitemap is a static file used by the XmlSiteMapProvider if you know your site navigation at development time. If you have a data-driven navigation, then you should consider creating your own SiteMapProvider. -Brock  DevelopMentorhttp://staff.develop.com/ballen...

Trouble getting data from an XML file form XSL file
I am having trouble writing an XSL file and getting the data to display. The XML file comes from an external source, and so I do not have control over how it’s written. Here’s the XML <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <THREAT_ADVISORY CONDITION="ELEVATED" /> I am having trouble getting the condition attribute to display. I done have several variations on the code below in my XSL file: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Submitting data from a know web form to unknown web form
hi i m making a software in which i will submitt some data from a web page that will go to a web form of which contrlos are unknown to me only i know the name and how many controls in that form it means i can see the form only. how can i do this please help me soon with code plz its very argent.i m doin this wit the help of foxtrot.xray.WebRobot but its giving me error that this dll file is already exists in The file ('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\_foxtrot.xray.WebRobot.dll' already exists).i don know what will do so please help me soon please thanks praveen We ca...

Get data question on web form
Hi !! i have the code that get data from database, please read the code and i will ask some questions:- Dim cnNorthwind As New SqlConnection cnNorthwind.ConnectionString = Application("cnString") cnNorthwind.Open() 'Me.lbEmployees.Items.Add(cnNorthwind.ServerVersion) Dim cmdGetEmployee As New SqlCommand Dim drEmployee As SqlDataReader cmdGetEmployee.CommandText = "select EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName from Employees order by Lastname, firstname" cmdGetEmployee.CommandType = CommandTy...

WEB FORMS and datasetS (do I have to repeat the file definition in every web form?)
I am working on vb.net.I have a project with 35 web forms and an access file with 18 tables.Until now I have defined the oledbadapters in every form by dragging the tables from the server explorer tool box.This is not a good idea because every time that I make a change on the database design I have to drag the new definition on 35 web forms and I have to create the datasets again. This is boring and time consuming!The question is:WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE THE FILE DEFINITION ONLY IN ONE PLACE AND THAT EVERY WEB FORM WOULD TAKE THE DATA ADAPTERS AND DATASETS FROM THERE? how about if you write a...

synchronizing chunk of data of one web form for another web form
I'm making a web application. In one web form; i'm taking inputs from user. Now; there is some info given by user in this page which is needed for web form which is going to be displayed next. i want to display that info automatically on that web form so that user doesn't have to re-input that info in this next web form. Info from first page would be inserted into database when user clicks on the submit button. then that next web form would be displayed. and the chunk of info from previous page should be displayed there!!! how can i do this?? cany anybody help?? nobody can help me!! I...

Help getting started with a dynamic web form
I'm new to .NET so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a form that needs to be dynamically created based on the contents of a XML file. The XML contains data for each 'row' to be created and what type of fields (textbox, custom select box, etc) should be displayed. The number of each type of field will vary from time to time. Using ASP I would have either used XSL to create a form or DOM to walk through the contents of the XML and display/name the proper fields. Using .NET I'm not sure what the proper method is to accomplish my goal. I can use XML c...

VS.NET Web Data Form Wizard
New to asp.net and using the Web Data Form Wizard. Cannot get the datagrid sort or paging functions to work. Do I need to add code for this manually? When selected both options just reload the main page. Thanks, SCott Check out the following two MSDN articles: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbconintroductiontodatagridwebcontrol.asp and http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskaddingsortingtodatagridwebcontrol.asp bill "This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

Appending data from a Web Form to a CSV file.
All of the examples in the forums are for working with databases.  What I need to quickly do is have a user enter data on a webpage and then append this data to a flat file on the server. Being new to ASP.NET I would appreciate it if someone could point me to some code that does the above?  I would recommend an XML file if possible, it is a single file like a CSV but it is structured like a database. However, what I would recommend is use a CSV on a line-by-line basis, something like this:1 Entry1, Entry2, Entry3, Entry4 2 Entry1, Entry2, Entry3, Entry4 3 Entry1, Entry...

Web resources about - Exporting data from a web form to a rtf file - asp.net.getting-started

Gas Exporting Countries Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gas Exporting Countries Forum ( GECF ) is an intergovernmental organization of 11 of the world's leading natural gas producers made up of ...

Facebook policy now clearly bans exporting user data to competing social networks
... of account settings, so it’s unlikely that many users have done this. Google and Facebook blocked or put up roadblocks on importing and exporting ...

Lower dollar a boon for Canberra's wine exporting king
It may mean more expensive holidays for some, but one ACT registered company has enjoyed a profitable time thanks to the sharp fall in the Australian ...

Irish plant shut for exporting horsemeat

New online freight marketplace Cargohound aims to be the Uber of exporting
Cargo Hound wants to revolutionise the way goods are shipped from Australia.

Exporting the desperate; out of sight ... and mind
The boats have stopped, the point's been made, so why continue to treat those already ''here'' with such unconscionable cruelty?

Meat market: Andrew Forrest sees fortune in exporting beef to China
China is so desperate for good beef that Australian billionaire Andrew Forrest will be taking sample parcels of steak in his luggage on his next ...

Exporting carbon and hypocrisy: our big growth industry
Never mind our modest cuts to local emissions, new research shows Australia is heading into a carbon export boom.

Montreal men accused of illegally exporting railway equipment to Iran
Two Montreal men are charged with illegally exporting American-made railway equipment to Iran, violating Canada's Export and Import Permit Act ...

Canada's Most Unequal Provinces: Energy Exporting Regions See Growing Inequality
StatsCan’s new survey of top income taxfilers shows the country’s one-percenters are taking home slightly less of the national income pie than ...