Excel Expert: need a good solution to fill some data into a complex excel sheet

I am stuck with a problem

The Requirement is that, there a complex Excel file(XLS) that is used as template; it has Macros and all the worksheets are either locked or hidden. When the user clicks to download it, the follows operation occurs

  • Unlock a particular worksheet, fill some data @ certain cells and then lock it back.
  • Unhide a worksheet, fill some data @ certain cells and then hide it back.

I think there are two options to resolve it (if there are more then please let me know)

  1. Interop libraries / Excel Object Library
  2. OLEDb Driver

 I cannot got with the option 1 as excel is not installed on the webserver and I heard that it's not a good option to install MSOffice @ webserver.

My question is that can we use OLDb to perform the operations mentioned above OR is there any other option ???

BTW Sharepoint service is also not available :(

Environment : ASP.net 2.0 , C#

Please help!!!!

0
meetmammu

You can't use OLEDb to hide/unhide worksheets or lock/unlock worksheets.

It's also difficult to pick out individual cells, you'd need a column to effectively be a primary key, then select on that key/row

I don't know where you've heard that it's not a good option to install MSOffice on a web server, there's no problem at all with doing that.

0
Mr

Excel experts : Filling an complex Excel file and parsing a complex Excel file
I am stuck with below mentioned problem The requirement is that, we have Excel file template(.xls) which has Macros and most of the Worksheets are either hidden OR locked. When the end user clicks on a button to download it, follows modifications has to be done to the Excel sheet. Unlock the Excel worksheet, fill some data at certain cells and then lock it back Write some data into a hidden worksheet There are two options as far as I know Excel Interop/MICROSOFT Excel 11.0 Object Library  OLEDB Driver I cannot go with option 1 becaus...

Pull data from excel sheet into another excel sheet. Automate it
I have following requirement:- 1. Need to write a script that can be scheduled to run after every one hour. The script should be able to pull the data from an excel sheet (saved on file system) after every one hour and replace the excel sheet already stored somewhere else with the latest contents. Incase the new excel does not exist. it should be able to create that excel as well and populate with the data from the excel sheet being extracted from.   So, I need how to automate this script to run every one hour. and how to pull the data from excel sheet into another.   ...

how to get data from a excel sheet
hi, iam using the following code to get data from excel sheet  if (!File.Exists(strFilePath)) return false; String strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" + "Data Source=" + strFilePath + ";"+ "Extended Properties='Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes'"; OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(strConn); try { connExcel.Open();OleDbDataAdapter da = new OleDbDataAdapter("", conn); da.SelectCommand = new OleDbCommand("select * from [Data]", conn);da.Fill(ds, "data");gdview.DataSource = ds.Tables["data"...

In gridview export to excel how to get colors in excel sheet
 Hello All, I am struck with a small problem here.I am displaying a gridview with some colorful rows.But when I am exporting the gridview to excel these colors are not appearing.Please give me a solution.Below i am giving the class file i used to export gridview to excel. public void ExportGridToExcel(DataSet ds, HttpResponse response,string file_name)    {        //first let's clean up the response.object        response.Clear();        response.AddHeade...

Exporting in Excel without cells or excel columns merging for one column of data table(need sorting, data filters perfectly)
 Hi,   I have an issue with the excel exporting of the report using ssrs.  I am using only the body section for exporting to excel.  Here in the body i have an Image, Textbox(for Title), textbox2(for dates from,to) and below it i have a table having the columns used for showing the data.  The report gets generated but when i exported to excel, All the columns and rows in the excels sheets come close and its like there is no uniformity.  Few columsn of excel are covered under a single columsn of the data table.  So its making users feel uncomfortab...

To select excel sheet in a excel work book using VB.NET
Hi, i would like to fetch the data from different sheets in an Excel workbook. Can anyone give me an idea and the code to do so using  VB.NET.   Looking forward to an early reply..  Thanks,Sravan Kumar. hi, try this "select * from sheet1" -- get data from sheet 1 "select * from sheet2" -- get data from sheet 2"Mark as Answer" -- on the post that helps youRKChaudary...

how to get data from excel using vb.net
how to get data from excel using vb.net Hi, This article might help: http://authors.aspalliance.com/aldotnet/examples/excel.aspx Regards, How can obtain the sheet's list of a Excel document? here u can find the solution for your problem, mark if as answer if u problem got solved http://lakshmik.blogspot.com/2005/12/how-to-get-excel-data-into-net-dataset.html  Vyas Pentakotauniq_vyas@yahoo.com ...

Help needed to insert data into excel sheet
I have a excel sheet with two or three workbooks in it with specific columns which serves as the datasource for one ERP application i have to build a application which must must act as a gui for inserting datas into that excel sheet but i coulnd find any means to insert data to the excel sheet from my asp.net application please some one help me out to solve this issue its really very urjent i can move furhter only after solving this issue . You can connect to an excel sheet with Ado.Net's OleDbConnection. All you need is to set the connection string correctly (something like "Prov...

Problems in Generating and filling data in Excel sheet
Hi Techies, I am loading data from a database into an excel spreadsheet template which is pre-formatted. programatically I am copying this template and filling the data into the cells and give the user of this web application to save the excel spread sheet filled with data to save the file his to local system But when I use this application in localsystem / development system its working fine and filling the data when its deployed in production server its giving varous problems i.e 1. Hresult 0X8001010A being used by another process 2. Some times its creating empty spreadshee...

Import excel data from Microsoft excel to SQL Server usin C sharp .net
Hi Could anyone help me with the sample code in C sharp to import data from excel to SQL server 2005 using C sharp. I have a table called Accounting Calendar ACCT_DATE with 10 columns I have the excel file called example.xls with the same column name as in SQL Server.Please help me with the sample code in C sharp Thanks      Here's a simple way to do it without the need to have excel installedhttp://davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2006/05/26/2973.aspx Hope this helpsJaime Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That wa...

Export Datagrid value to excel sheet(Formatted excel sheet)
Hai     Export Datagrid  value to excel sheet(Formatted excel sheet). I want to copy the content of datagrid(dataset ) to excel sheet . Also i want to  change the header style(Change the background color of the header in excel sheet). Pls help me.....................

Export data from dataset to excel sheet using vb.net
in buttom click event i wrote the code, all the content from database stored in a dataset but i can't export data from dataset to exel sheet any one please help me my email id is "msd200623@rediffmail.com" i sent my code Protected Sub btndownload_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btndownload.Click Dim userid As String Dim tempmobileno As String = "" 'Dim reader As SqlDataReader userid = Session("user") Dim total As Integer = 0 Dim selectedrefid As String = &quo...

Problem when get data from Excel file using ADO.NET
THIS IS MY CODE Private Sub GetDataFromXLS() Dim strConn As String Dim objConn As OleDbConnection Dim sql As String strConn = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " & _ "Data Source=C:\Data.xls;" & _ "Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;" objConn = New OleDbConnection(strConn) objConn.Open() sql = "SELECT ProductCode, ProductName FROM [Data$]" '-Data is name of sheet in Data.xls. Dim objComm...

Getting null values while importing data from excel sheet to sqql server
Hai Friends, Actually i want to import excel sheet in to sql server tables. I am writing the following query                                                                                 &nb...

Web resources about - Excel Expert: need a good solution to fill some data into a complex excel sheet - asp.net.getting-started

Solution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In chemistry , a solution is a homogeneous mixture composed of only one phase . In such a mixture, a solute is a substance dissolved in another ...

Solution to overheating lithium-ion batteries close: study
The problem of lithium-ion batteries overheating – the likely cause of the hoverboard fire that destroyed a family's home last week – ...

Kuwait Oil Company opts for Cisco Security Solutions for high-security network
Al-Bawaba Kuwait Oil Company opts for Cisco Security Solutions for high-security network Al-Bawaba Cisco today announced that Kuwait Oil Co. ...

Conexant Announces New Audio Processing Solutions At CES
At CES, Conexant gave me a demo of some of the audio processing technology that they've been working on. Conexant is a company that probably ...

Why is Compromise Always the Best Solution?
... what I want, or at least compromise so I get a little of what I want while you get nothing." For years, I've been taught that 'win-win' solutions ...

CounterPath Achieves Cisco Compatibility Certification With the Cisco Solution ...
CounterPath Achieves Cisco Compatibility Certification With the Cisco Solution ... Benzinga VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA(Marketwired - Jan. ...

WestRock and T+ink Introduce Internet of Things Inventory Optimization Display Solution Working with ...
WestRock and T+ink today launched the first-ever merchandising display solution to incorporate printed electronic sensors in smart shelves and ...

CounterPath Achieves Cisco Compatibility Certification With the Cisco Solution ...
CounterPath Achieves Cisco Compatibility Certification With the Cisco Solution ... CNNMoney CounterPath (NASDAQ:CPAH) (TSX:CCV) announced that ...

Ben Carson Cites Home Schooling As Education Solution For America
The Jack Kemp Foundation to develop, engage and recognize exceptional leaders who champion the American Idea is actually just a cavalcade of ...

7 Ways The Grand Solution We’re All Looking For Could Actually Be In Nuclear Power
7 Ways The Grand Solution We’re All Looking For Could Actually Be In Nuclear Power