Errors getting started

I'm new to ASP.NET and am trying to get a very simple hello world page working.

On my 2003 server, when I hit the hello.aspx page, I get a DNS error. Looking in the httperr log, I see:
2004-08-16 21:22:12 <ip> 1462 <ip> 80 HTTP/1.1 GET /IDE/hello.aspx - 1 Connection_Abandoned_By_AppPool
There's nothing in the web access log (Logfiles/W3SVC1)
And in the event viewer I see:
A process serving application pool 'TestPool' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '1224'. The process exit code was '0xc06d007e'.
And/Or:
A process serving application pool 'TestPool' suffered a fatal communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process id was '3120'. The data field contains the error number.
with an error number of 8007006d
Also, when trying to use Visual Studio.NET to create a new Web project gives me "connection with the server was reset". I'm hoping the second is related to the first, but if anyone has any insights on this one instead, I'm happy to listen.
Thanks,
Peter
0
pkahle

From this article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/monitor_perf.asp

Your first error shows up in the HTTPERR log for requests lost due to a worker process crash or hang. When this occurs the URL will be logged with the message, Connection_Abandoned_By_AppPool, for each in-flight request. An in-flight request is one that was sent to a worker process for processing, but did not complete before the crash or hang.
Details on the HTTPERR Log can be found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 820729: INFO: Error Logging in HTTP API.
Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

Truely just getting started, so where should I start?
I've already been working a thread on a good reference/learning book.  but truely I'm just getting started.  I've a background with HTML and some CSS But this is my first foray into any sort of application language.  I've had an interest in PHP and ASP but have only recently started to make the effort to learn.  I'm starting with the videos available here and they are great for learning the development application but I've not the programming background to easily absorb some of the more programming based processes.  I've no college resources where I'm at other than o...

getting started in VS2005 C# which book should I get
Hello, I am getting started with VS2005, I have use VS2003 but not very much -(I did 4 small applications in it),  I am wondering which book you would recommend to learn the new features of VS2005, while learning more of C# programing in general There some links to good books in this thread i posted : http://forums.asp.net/thread/1489422.aspx Also these two make good reference material  Professional Visual Studio 2005 (Programmer to Programmer)   Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Unleashed  So far I recommend Wrox's C# 2005  Read the beginning chap...

get rid of that ridiculous getting started bookmark
Name: DOCTOR Product: Firefox Summary: get rid of that ridiculous getting started bookmark Comments: Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.22 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

Getting started .net website

Getting started on godaddy
I am following all the steps per the following help web page:http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=688&topic_id=&prog_id=GoDaddy& But I think they forgot the step where the data gets uploaded to the SQL database.  How do I upload the CLASSIFIEDSDB.mdf file? This is what my screen looks like:  Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error detai...

Started getting error for SOME users.
I've started to get a few others to add accounts to the TT web pages and have started getting the error below when the following line in TimeEntry.aspx.cs is executed: //Select User Drop Down to the correct value. UserList.Items.FindByValue(_user.UserID.ToString()).Selected=true; The _user.UserID = 11 in the immediate window when I enter ?_user_UserID <enter>, but if I try to add the ToString() method, it tells me "error: '_user.UserID.ToString' does not exist" Some users work correctly, some get the error. They haven't set up any projects yet, so the only table w...

Get this error at every start up . . .
Name: Product: Minefield Summary: Get this error at every start up . . . Comments: NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS '[JavaScript Error: "Cc['@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1'] is undefined" {file: "chrome://forecastfox/content/ping/ping-service.js" line: 86}]' when calling method: [ffIPingService::start] Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.3a6pre) Gecko/20100615 Minefield/3.7a6pre From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to th...