Error While Uploading image to my Web Folder Vie Web Form, Please Help

Hi

i am getting this error when i am trying to upload image to my website folder, its showing this error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: F:\gotnet\ASP_NET Full Article Listing Creating Dynamic Data Entry User Interfaces_files\arrowLTR.gif at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement) at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename) at Af.AfnanSchool.InsertVB.Connection.SaveImage(String FileName, DateTime JoinDate, String StrPath)

and also my asp.net validation is not working, but it was working fine on my local pc,
please help

thanks in advance
viking

HostingFest ASP.NET 1.1, 2.0, MSSQL 2005
Reliable Windows 2003 Hosting
0
viking_p

First of all make sure that the  folder has privileges for the aspnet user account to write there. You can always use another windows account and use impersonation.

The validation can be restored with a call to aspnet_regii -c

Grz, Kris.

XIII
7/3/2005 2:35:41 PM
Is this a hosted solution ? - if so then your problem is that you have
hardcoded the paths "F:\..." in your app, but that is not the layout on
the server. Also, what authentication ? probably a problem again
between local development PC and webhost. webhost can probably help
sort it out.

Hope That Helps
All that wander, are not lost...
What were we talkin bout
0
uncleb
7/4/2005 1:02:04 AM
thanks for replying, but now this error have came up

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+. at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename) at Af.AfnanSchool.InsertVB.Connection.SaveImage(Bitmap FileName, DateTime JoinDate, String StrPath)

what might be the reason for this Sir, i am new to .net world, please help

Regards
viking

HostingFest ASP.NET 1.1, 2.0, MSSQL 2005
Reliable Windows 2003 Hosting
0
viking_p

send web email from web form error help
Hi, When send email with attachment from web form. I got an error message as below. What it is? Can someone help? Server Error in '/dotNet' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The transport lost its connection to the server. Hi There, Please check the following link The transport failed to connect to the server Hope this helps Sunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Form for uploading images to a web folder
I have a web form where the user can upload up to three images to a secure web folder. I'm using the FileUpload control. The .aspx form page is located on a non-secure web server. However, when the user click the button to submit their image files, I want to upload the files to a secure web server. Both of these web servers (secure and non secure) are on the same network. The folder structures are exactly the same too. So the question is, how do I get the files from a non-secure server to a secure server during file uploading? Hi, The points that need to be taken care of are : To sav...

Please Help!! web parts and .net forms
This is a two part question. 1. i have a simple .net form that captures users input and i want to post to another form to show users input and data from a database into a data grid. In keep posting back to the first form. I have action and method set correctly on my first form, no idea why it post to same form. i even have a response.redirect in the click event of the button on the first form. 2. Does anyone know of any good site/web cast that step you through a basic web part for sharepoint 2007 i am using both visual studio 2005 and 2008. I heard that it is like a 12 step ...

Help getting started with a dynamic web form
I'm new to .NET so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a form that needs to be dynamically created based on the contents of a XML file. The XML contains data for each 'row' to be created and what type of fields (textbox, custom select box, etc) should be displayed. The number of each type of field will vary from time to time. Using ASP I would have either used XSL to create a form or DOM to walk through the contents of the XML and display/name the proper fields. Using .NET I'm not sure what the proper method is to accomplish my goal. I can use XML c...

web web web

web.config, i am getting the following error, Please Help
Hi, i've just uploaded some asp.net pages to my newly domain. i was getting this error of the web.config.   Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" config...

VS.NET Web App messing up form authentication? Help, please?
Does anyone know of any problems with creating a VS.NET Web App in a forms authenticated subfolder? I created a Web App "pics" with VS.NET as a subfolder of wwwroot, and the Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") is always blank on all the pages in this subfolder wwwroot/pics. I deleted the VS.NET premade Web.Config file so that there is only the one file at wwwroot, but that didn’t help. Are there any other files created by VS.NET that could be messing this up? I made other ASPX subfolders outside of VS.NET and they all continue the session just fine, it's like this ...

Desperate Visual Studio .NET problem with Web Forms, please help
Hi, I've posted in the past about this problem and got no response, but now I'm desperate so have to try again. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I am in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page. I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everything. Everything in Visual Studio worked as expected for a few days, and now yet again everything is disabled. Can s...

I have an .aspx file located in some 'a' folder within my web folder. How can i get the path of the web folder in....
I have an .aspx file located in some 'a' folder within my web folder. How can i get the path of the web folder in order to take the path and post it in the NavigateUrl Property of a asp:Hyperlink. the problem starts when i'm clicking on the hyperlink(that located in my master page). when i'm clicking from 'a' folder it using the 'a' folder as root folder and he  searching the file from a diffrent path. (in a none exist path) for example: the navigate url is: "columns/column1.aspx" and from 'a' folder (it's a diffrent...

Funny character being added instead of spaces in .net web forms...please help
Hi,in all of my asp.net pages I have the following html code:&nbsp;&lt;TD class=padding colSpan=2 height=23&gt;&lt;div align="center"&gt;&lt;A &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; href="#"&gt;Privacy Policy&lt;/A&gt; »&lt;a href="#"&gt; Terms of Use&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/TD&gt;on my default.aspx page, this gets displayed as: Privacy Policy » Terms of Useand the code isPrivacy Policy » Terms of UseCan ...

Web.config errors after uploading to web host
After uploading my ASP.NET app to the web host, I certainly expected some errors (mostly due to the database settings having to be changed). What I was unprepared for was errors with the web.config I have to admit that I don't fully understand how the web.config works or what it does. So I'm not sure as to why I'm getting the errors or how to fix them properly. The problems start on the line: <authentication mode="Windows" /> Being completely clueless, I've tried changing it to: <authentication mode="None" /> .... but still the same err...

I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help, why do I always get the error "Please input another password"?
 Now I try to exercise a sample in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express help Title:   Walkthrough: Creating a Web Site with Membership and User Login (Visual Studio)URL:     ms-help://MS.VSExpressCC.v80/MS.NETFramework.v20.chs/dv_VWDcon/html/296c0be6-9ad5-4104-9a1b-a853986fa1a3.htm The following is from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express helpI have do 1-6 step, it is OK, but when I create user (7th step), I always get the error "Please input another password"? I'm sure that I have type a normal and correct password, why cause error? thank! To create a member...