Error: Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

Here is the code:

Dim dato_start_2 as DateTime
Dim varighet_str as string
Dim dato_differanse as string

dato_start_2 = tabell_2.Rows(DataGrid1.SelectedIndex).Item("dato_tid_sendt")
dato_differanse = DateDiff(DateInterval.Day, dato_start_2, now)
Label12 = "" & dato_differanse & ""

 ........and theCompiler Error Message: BC30311: Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label'.

Why and how?
Tongue Tied

Regards
Lars
/Norway
0
lars

To set a text for a Label you need to use its Text property, in your code you try to set the Label to a Text and that is the reason why you get the exception, a Label is not of the type string.

 This will work:

Label12.Text = dato_differanse

/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitter

Microsoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCT

ASPInsiders
My Blog
0
Fredrik

Having an error: BC30311: Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label'.
Error Message: Compiler Error Message: BC30311: Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label'. Line 13: myGetRandom.RetrieveDetails(lblQuestion.text, lblAnswers.text, lblViewCount.text, lblLastUpdated.text) Sub Page_Load Dim myGetRandom as new GetRandom myGetRandom.RetrieveDetails(lblQuestion.text, lblAnswers.text, lblViewCount.text, lblLastUpdated.text) End Sub Code behind Sub RetrieveDetails(lblQuestion as label, _ lblAnswers as label, _ lblViewCount as label, _ lblLastUpdated as...

BC30311: Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label'.
I have a pretty basic vb.net page that includes a listview.  (Note, this is my first time working with listview, so I may have some of the terminology wrong).  In my list view, I display all the important data for each record, and ask the user to provide a status for each record by including a radiobutton list with various responses.  At the bottom of the page is one submit button, and when the user clicks submit, I'm saving each records value based upon which response is selected in the radiobutton list. My saving of data is working,  but I'm ...

Error Serializing Value 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode'
Hi, I am  getting the error stated in the subject when i am storing a TreeNode in a ViewState and then using it as follows if (ViewState["ProductCounty"]!=null) { TreeNode _productCountyNode = DataTree.FindNode(((TreeNode)ViewState["ProductCounty"]).ValuePath); _productCountyNode.Expand(); } what could be causing this error? Hi, I believe TreeNode isn't serializable in a way its required for objects which can be put to ViewState - as reference - (TreeNode implements IStateManager and is meant to work together with TreeView itself saving it...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to 'string'
I have a datagridLabel ID1 = (Label)(e.Item.FindControl("ID1")); Label Name1 = (Label)(e.Item.FindControl("Name1")); Label TableName = (Label)(e.Item.FindControl("TableName"));   No0w Iam trying to TBTableName.Text = lblTableName;                  tbid.Text = lblImageTypeID1;                   tbnameordes.Text = lblImageName1; I have tried l lbltablename.text,.tostring,convert.t...

Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'
I have a new page (wireframe) based on the User_Create page in the Time Tracker starter kit.  I have no code in the code behind page.  What might be causing this error?  This newbie needs help. I had a TextBox control named "Title" which appearantly conflicted with the page title. thanks!!! ...

Cannot implicitely convert type 'string' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label'
 I'm starting to make a website for users to login. Once they login, I'm showing their profile. So I populate some asp:label controls on Page_Load. My profile page (shown after the user logs in) contains: <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/site.master" CodeFile="clientProfile.aspx.cs" Inherits="clientProfile" AutoEventWireup="true" Title="Car Look - Your profile" %> <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="mainContent" Runat="Server"> <div> &l...

BC30311: Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'.
 Hello everyone, I receive the error in the subject when viewing this page, I can get it to work fine without the master page and only the textboxes, but that causes an error with line 11, even when the page contents do process to the form. I don`t understand the error and I would appreciate any guidance on this. Thanks for reading.1 <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" Title="Untitled Page" %> 2 3 <script runat="server"> 4 5 Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) 6 Dim D...

BC30311: Value of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.RadioButtonList' cannot be converted to 'String'.
I have a listview that I'm working with.  Each record returned by my sql query is displayed in my list view as text, with the exception of one field, which I need to display as a radiobutton list.  I tried to set the value of the radiobutton in my codebehind, but keep getting errors.  How do I tell this radiobutton list that the value that should be selected when the page loads is equal to the value returned from my sql query?    The line in bold throws the error... How am I supposed to indicate what value to have selected when the page loads? <asp:Radi...

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to 'string' #2
Hi i am getting the following error "Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to 'string'", what am i doing wrong, my code looks like this;protected void lbtnSubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {foreach(DataGridItem dgi in dgAvailability.Items) {AvailabilityBLC availabilityBLC = new AvailabilityBLC(); availabilityBLC.Availability.AvailabilityDay =(Label)dgi.FindControl("lblDay");availabilityBLC.Availability.AvailabilityPrice = (TextBox)dgi.FindControl("priceTxt"); availabilityBLC.Availability.BBooked = (CheckB...

Error 60 Operator '&' is not defined for types 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' and 'String'.
The comment control is a textbox:<td align="right" style="width: 228px"><asp:TextBox ID="comment" runat="server" TextMode="multiLine" Rows="10" Columns="50" onkeyup="return ismaxlength(this)" Width="260px" Height="100px" Font-Overline="false" /></td> and I'm being told by VS (underlined in blue ) that the for the comment field: Error 60 Operator '&' is not defined for types 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' and 'String...

Dynamic read width from SQL, show error message: Cannot convert type 'string' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit'
 I wrote new post, here is my code, just simple page show big image with dynamic width and height, but somehow the Width='<%# Eval("GalleryImageWidth")  %>' does not work. people in here give me some sugestion like : Width='<%# Eval("GalleryImageWidth")  + "px" %>' or  Width='<%# Convert.ToInt32("GalleryImageWidth") %>' or any body can tell what's wrong with my code?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.
Hi,  I have a formview with a dropdownlist created dynamically. i want to determine whether the dropdownlist was clicked. the code is written in the FormView1_DataBound method. I get the following error in the line below that is in italics and underlined: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.   Here is my code: ddl_iFullname = New DropDownList ddl_iFullname.ID = "ddl_iFullname" ddl_iFullname.DataSource = ObjectDataSource3 ddl_iFullname.DataTextField = "fullname" ddl_iFullname.DataValueField = "...

Web resources about - Error: Value of type 'String' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label - asp.net.getting-started